7-night cruises on the Fantasy resuming 10/9/21

AquaDame

DCL
Just noticed this update on DCL's site. The 8 night seems like it will not be shortened either...

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/advisory/
Disney Fantasy Will Resume Seven Nights and Longer Voyages from Port Canaveral on October 9, 2021

Beginning October 9, 2021, the Disney Fantasy will resume voyages 7-nights and longer from Port Canaveral, Florida, with stops in The Bahamas and Mexico.

As part of our phased approach, 7-night sailings aboard the Disney Fantasy on October 9 and October 30, 2021, have been modified to include ports in Mexico and The Bahamas. Additionally, the October 16, 2021 8-night voyage has also been modified to include ports in Mexico and The Bahamas.

That's the news I've been waiting for! We're booked on back to back cruises on the Fantasy on 10/24 and 10/30. This announcement doesn't mention the 6 night on 10/24, but I'm guessing that's because there is no change - it was already set to go to Mexico (Costa Maya and Cozumel) and Bahamas (Castaway Cay). Although I'll miss going to Tortola on the 10/30 I'm just glad the cruises were not shortened to 4 days!

That's the news I've been waiting for! We're booked on back to back cruises on the Fantasy on 10/24 and 10/30. This announcement doesn't mention the 6 night on 10/24, but I'm guessing that's because there is no change - it was already set to go to Mexico (Costa Maya and Cozumel) and Bahamas (Castaway Cay). Although I'll miss going to Tortola on the 10/30 I'm just glad the cruises were not shortened to 4 days!

Has Tortola been removed from the 7 nights..? I admit I haven't been paying close attention the last couple of weeks. We don't sail until March so I know it'll be changing a dozen times between now and then...

This is great news. I'm on the October 9th cruise and check-in is tomorrow.

New itinerary for the 9th cruise on the Fantasy:

Saturday Port Canaveral, Florida
Sunday Day at Sea
Monday Cozumel, Mexico
Tuesday Day at Sea
Wednesday Nassau, Bahamas
Thursday Disney Castaway Cay
Friday Disney Castaway Cay

Last edited:

The October 16th 8 night itinerary went from awesome to blah.

Sunday Day at Sea
Monday Costa Maya, Mexico
Tuesday Cozumel, Mexico
Wednesday Day at Sea
Thursday Disney Castaway Cay
Friday Nassau, Bahamas
Saturday Disney Castaway Cay
Sunday Port Canaveral, Florida

On the 8 night sailing 10/16. Not a fan of the Mexican and Bahamas ports, but thrilled we are sailing :)

:yay: So glad it is a 7 night still
We're on the Oct 9 and was so hoping it stayed a 7 night!!

Did I read somewhere that the 8-night sailing also got a $500 OBC for the change in itinerary? I'm on the 10/30 7-night and we are now going to Cozumel, Nassau and a double-dip at Castaway, but there was no mention in my email from DCL about OBC for the change in itinerary (which I know they have the right to do at any time based on the cruise contract).

Did I read somewhere that the 8-night sailing also got a $500 OBC for the change in itinerary? I'm on the 10/30 7-night and we are now going to Cozumel, Nassau and a double-dip at Castaway, but there was no mention in my email from DCL about OBC for the change in itinerary (which I know they have the right to do at any time based on the cruise contract).

Yes -- "As a thank you for sailing with us on the 8-night cruise, each stateroom will receive a $500 non-refundable onboard credit that can be used toward onboard purchases."

Last edited:

Yes. For the change in itinerary, the passengers on the 8 night get a $500 OBC. The 8 night is significantly more to book than a 7 night. I have gone back and forth for two 8 night sailings trying to decide if it is worth more than $1000 more for the 1 extra night. I always decide it is and book it!

This is the new itinerary on the 7 night 10/30 Fantasy, from the email I received from DCL.

"As part of our phased approach, we have modified the itinerary of your 7-night sailing to include ports in Mexico and The Bahamas. Your revised itinerary is below."

Saturday - Port Canaveral, Florida
Sunday - Day at Sea
Monday - Cozumel, Mexico
Tuesday - Day at Sea
Wednesday - Nassau, Bahamas
Thursday - Disney Castaway Cay
Friday - Disney Castaway Cay

So far there aren't any port adventures available for the new stops, but I'll keep checking to see when that changes.

What's the point of requiring all 12 and over to be vaccinated to get on the ship and testing EVERYONE at the embarkation, if you are going to stop at Cozumel and Nassau and let people get off the ship and leave the "bubble" you created? I'm not happy with new itinerary at all. I was actually kind of hoping they would reduce it to 4-nights with just the double-dip.

This is the new itinerary on the 7 night 10/30 Fantasy, from the email I received from DCL.

"As part of our phased approach, we have modified the itinerary of your 7-night sailing to include ports in Mexico and The Bahamas. Your revised itinerary is below."

Sunday - Day at Sea
Monday - Cozumel, Mexico
Tuesday - Day at Sea
Wednesday - Nassau, Bahamas
Thursday - Disney Castaway Cay
Friday - Disney Castaway Cay

So far there aren't any port adventures available for the new stops, but I'll keep checking to see when that changes.

This is the itinerary for Oct. 9 also and all the old port adventures are still listing.
Waiting for the new choice to show

What's the point of requiring all 12 and over to be vaccinated to get on the ship and testing EVERYONE at the embarkation, if you are going to stop at Cozumel and Nassau and let people get off the ship and leave the "bubble" you created? I'm not happy with new itinerary at all. I was actually kind of hoping they would reduce it to 4-nights with just the double-dip.

Excellent question. With the return to 7-nights and those ports there is a higher risk of a ship having an outbreak.

The 3 and 4-night business model to Castaway seemed like a great near term solution with much lower risk of ship outbreaks.

Mexico doesn't have an inbound test requirement. They have to meet Bahamian requirements to dock at Castaway anyway.

USVI requirement isn't far off from Bahamian rules now - 12+ must be fully vaccinated, under 12 must have acceptable PCR testing. But I think USVI may be restricting how many ships can dock on any given day, and RCCL and other lines may have gotten the spots because they started sailing first.

Are some of those ports only allowing vaccinated passengers? That would cut DCL out also. (And I think they will want to avoid having to re-test folks during the cruise to go to any ports.)

This such great news!! With the 7 night + cruises, I'm hoping they beef up the entertainment and cut back on some of the many repeated activities. We dont sail until March so I'm still hopeful we'll make our eastern Caribbean ports, but I'll be happy with 7 nights to anywhere!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter