7 Night Fantasy Nov 21-28

Badwolf626

Earning My Ears
Sorry it's been a long time since I've been here. My husband and I were looking to book the 7 Night Fantasy Nov 21-28, 2021 cruise "last minute". This is because it turned out my husband got the week off of work and that was the only dates that coincide with his time off. Of course this is a holiday week, but I didn't think that Thanksgiving would be a big cruising type holiday? From what I can tell the ship is fairly full and the prices are high. We have never done a cruise during holidays. Even with the restrictions in place, will this be a very crowded ship? Are they still doing limited capacity? And are there any chances for discounts on this high priced holiday cruise the later we wait? I emailed my TA to see what they say but I probably wont get any answers until Monday. So I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any information. Sorry if anything like this has been discussed elsewhere. Your insights are greatly appreciated. - Thanks

We are on this cruise due to my DDs school break. I think the key is keep your expectations low and you will be pleasantly surprised. There would be no long term financial gain or reason for Disney to pack the ships. They have done very well promoting safety over profit with small crowd increases at parks. I would expect that to continue on the ships.

Yesterday we just booked the Dream for 3 nights on 11/19. There were 25% discounts on verandah guaranteed rooms but they vaporized in the 24 hours that we went back and forth with our TA. I have been told to expect a busy cruise as compared with recent occupancy. But what is busy? The Dream just sailed with 1300 and capacity is closer to 4000. But I am prepared to sail with well more than 2000. We will hope for the best.

FWIW our TA checked for us for 2 days and called. I watched it too. On Friday she advised thatit was probably time to decide so we booked.

Yesterday we just booked the Dream for 3 nights on 11/19. There were 25% discounts on verandah guaranteed rooms but they vaporized in the 24 hours that we went back and forth with our TA. I have been told to expect a busy cruise as compared with recent occupancy. But what is busy? The Dream just sailed with 1300 and capacity is closer to 4000. But I am prepared to sail with well more than 2000. We will hope for the best.

FWIW our TA checked for us for 2 days and called. I watched it too. On Friday she advised thatit was probably time to decide so we booked.
Thanks for the info! I really hope the keep the capacity at half. I am not ready for full crowds yet but I need my disney cruise fix! The verandah for the merrytime, double dip cruise price is still just over 6k, just trying to decide if it's worth the price.

Indications are capacity is heading higher than we’ve seen in October.. I don’t think it’ll be FULL but comparing things like cruise group size, tasting,Palo availability etc between my September cruise and my November cruise I’m anticipating the onboard number to be atleast 2k if not slightly higher compared to my September of 1.4K…

I may be totally wrong but…

at this point people have accepted cruising as it currently is yet I haven’t seen DCL cap any sailings by seeing them ‘sold out’ so they probably aren’t actually controlling capacity yet…

Thanks for the info! I really hope the keep the capacity at half. I am not ready for full crowds yet but I need my disney cruise fix! The verandah for the merrytime, double dip cruise price is still just over 6k, just trying to decide if it's worth the price.
I searched my cruise on Costco, with my TA, and looked at the same itinerary in 2022 and in a holiday period spring 2023 to compare rates. I think we paid a below average price. Still higher than I would love but it’s DCL last minute. Didn’t expect a bargain.
Indications are capacity is heading higher than we’ve seen in October.. I don’t think it’ll be FULL but comparing things like cruise group size, tasting,Palo availability etc between my September cruise and my November cruise I’m anticipating the onboard number to be atleast 2k if not slightly higher compared to my September of 1.4K…

I may be totally wrong but…

at this point people have accepted cruising as it currently is yet I haven’t seen DCL cap any sailings by seeing them ‘sold out’ so they probably aren’t actually controlling capacity yet…
I’m a newbie. What is “cruise group size”? Nice to know that they will label as “sold out” sometimes. Last week our 11/19 cruise had inside, deluxe oceanview, and some verandah staterooms in GTD status. There were still a good supply of verandah cat 5 and below to choose from.

Cruise group is the size of the group on Facebook for each sailing…

my September one ended at 250 people, my November is 315 and growing.

I think it’s lack of demand (so many can’t or won’t sail under the current rules and so many won’t until their kids are fully vaccinated) keeping the numbers lower than DCL capping (I’m positive they will-if numbers get that high as we know they keep some rooms for quarantine)

Sorry it's been a long time since I've been here. My husband and I were looking to book the 7 Night Fantasy Nov 21-28, 2021 cruise "last minute". This is because it turned out my husband got the week off of work and that was the only dates that coincide with his time off. Of course this is a holiday week, but I didn't think that Thanksgiving would be a big cruising type holiday? From what I can tell the ship is fairly full and the prices are high. We have never done a cruise during holidays. Even with the restrictions in place, will this be a very crowded ship? Are they still doing limited capacity? And are there any chances for discounts on this high priced holiday cruise the later we wait? I emailed my TA to see what they say but I probably wont get any answers until Monday. So I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any information. Sorry if anything like this has been discussed elsewhere. Your insights are greatly appreciated. - Thanks

Prices are very unlikely to drop. The reason it's full and the prices high are a lot of people have that time off, or at least a good portion of it, so of all the weeks to go, that's the easiest one for a lot of people. If you want to go, I'd book now as I don't see the prices getting any better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter