7 nights, 3 boys, 1 wild trip - AKL in May 2016 *COMPLETE!*

I definitely think it's nice to have 2 days at Epcot! This second day sounds great! And another early night to enjoy the resort sounds perfect!

I love your plans; you're very good at organizing your days to be fun without being exhausting. Nothing wrong with a few early nights for the kiddos. Those early nights are usually quite nice for the parents too!

I definitely think it's nice to have 2 days at Epcot! This second day sounds great! And another early night to enjoy the resort sounds perfect!

I'm excited for more time in Epcot this trip. It feels like we usually see Mexico and then rush through the rest of the World Showcase so I'm glad we get to take our time. And I think we'll all be glad of the early nights by this point!

I love your plans; you're very good at organizing your days to be fun without being exhausting. Nothing wrong with a few early nights for the kiddos. Those early nights are usually quite nice for the parents too!

I think that kind of plans comes from the first trip where I tried to squeeze in way too much! Now I know it takes us lots of time to move from one ride to another, restroom trips, snacks, etc. all take time. And I'm looking forward to the early nights too! I think we'll all be pretty tired by this point!

I was way behind, but just got all caught up on your daily plans. Sounds great and coming up so soon! :cool1:

Oops, fell behind again :) Looks like a fabulous couple of days at AK and Epcot!
In our Disney planning news.......... I somehow dropped the ball and didn't realize Fall free dining opened yesterday :( I sat on hold for TWO hours :earseek:and there was no availability unless we wanted to switch resorts to a Deluxe which would end up costing more anyway. Sigh. :faint: If I was paying attention, I would have realized and been on that phone first thing in the morning. Very annoyed at me today.

I was way behind, but just got all caught up on your daily plans. Sounds great and coming up so soon! :cool1:

We leave in 4 days! The trip has really crept up on me! Thanks for following along!

Oops, fell behind again :) Looks like a fabulous couple of days at AK and Epcot!

I'm excited to see AK since we haven't been in over a year now! And our 2nd day in Epcot will be really nice. I hope we can slow down and enjoy the WS a little more!

In our Disney planning news.......... I somehow dropped the ball and didn't realize Fall free dining opened yesterday :( I sat on hold for TWO hours :earseek:and there was no availability unless we wanted to switch resorts to a Deluxe which would end up costing more anyway. Sigh. :faint: If I was paying attention, I would have realized and been on that phone first thing in the morning. Very annoyed at me today.

I would check again tomorrow and Friday. Lots of TAs placed 3-day courtesy holds on rooms with the Free Dining offer and if they are not claimed by Thursday 4/28, they will go back out to be booked. I was lucky and booked clients online but had to call today and it was a long wait!

Day 7 Plans - 5/7 - Magic Kingdom

Our last park day. :guilty: :sad:

But we'll start at MK so that means we'll end with one last look at the castle, so bittersweet! :rolleyes:

My plan is to get to MK shortly after 8 to catch the Welcome Show. This happens to be one of the Early Magic Morning deals where the park opens at 7:45 but I'm not concerned about that having an impact on our morning.

Our day will start by heading straight to Ariel's Grotto to meet my favorite mermaid! I'm excited to meet my favorite princess finally! Next up we'll ride Under the Sea since it's right there. Next we will go to Winnie the Pooh and the Tea Party. We'll go back to Storybook Circus next for some playing and riding with Dumbo and flying with Goofy on the Barnstormer.

We have a FP+ at 11:05 for 7DMT and we'll need to utilize Rider Swap for Jake, so Nate and Colin will get to ride twice! After that we'll check on waits for the Tomorrowland Speedway/Astro Orbiter/Buzz and see if we can get to one of those before lunch.

At 12:55 we have a lunch ADR at The Plaza. I'm excited for this and I think it will be a crowd pleaser, especially with dessert! :thumbsup2 Right after lunch, we'll go over to Liberty Square or Frontierland to get a spot for Festival of Fantasy.

After Festival of Fantasy, we have a FP+ for Big Thunder Mountain (again, using Rider Swap) and after that we'll try to see either Country Bears or the Tiki Room depending on what the boys want.We have a FP+ for Jungle Cruise at 4:30 and then we'll take a spin on the Magic Carpets while I try to get a 4th FP+ for Pirates from my phone!

Hopefully we'll be successful and get to ride Pirates with a FP+. If not, we'll make a decision on standby based on the wait. We have until about 6:15 to head out of the park so depending on the time we might try to get one more ride on the People Mover.

Our dinner ADR is for 7:05 at 'Ohana. I'M SO EXCITED!! After stuffing ourselves with delicious food, we might duck back into MK if the boys are up for it or we may just head back to AKL.

Day 8 Plans - 5/8 - Departure Day

This is pretty basic and easy so I'm just going to tack it on here.

Our flight leaves MCO at 11:25 so I'm expecting an ME pick up around 8. We'll take our bags down to Resort Airline Check In early this morning and get everything all ready for the flight home.

Once we're back at BWI and back to our car, we have a 3-hour drive back to our house. Back to reality the next day with school and work all around. Boo! :cool:

We leave in 4 days!! :goodvibes If we're friends on Facebook or Instagram, I'll be posting there during the trip. Send me a message and we can get connected on Facebook or Instagram if you would like!

Thanks for following along with my plans! I appreciate everyone's comments and advice in planning this trip!

Definitely will send a message. Not really on Instagram but I am on FB and would love to follow along. Also, FYI, I'm reading your 2014 trip report now and will check out the one after that as soon as I'm finished! Enjoy your trip!!

Boo to the last day :( But spending it at MK is great- sounds like you have lots of great things planned! I'm excited you will get to meet Ariel!

And yay for Ohana! That's a perfect meal to end the trip with!

4 more days- ahhh!!

Have a WONDERFUL trip!! :jumping1: I look forward to your instagram posts and the TR to follow! :)

Your trip is SO close!! I love the week of our trips!!

Thanks for the tip on the TA holds...I didn't know about that. I tried again last night but it was still a long wait time. Today I'll probably call on my long drive home after school--hopefully that will eat up all my wait time and I can get the deal after all. If not, that's OK, I budgeted for the dining plan just in case!

Caught up on all your plans, which I gather you should be executing right about now ; ) Hope you enjoyed the Star Wars fireworks last night. We absolutely loved them. And of course the Wilderness Lodge. #DisneyPerfection

I'm sorry that I missed sending you off here on the DIS, but I am LOVING your photos on Facebook!!! :lovestruc

HI!

My name is Ariella, I just got caught up! I read your Christmas posts, and posted two separate comments, probably some sort of no no, I am sure! But I am looking forward to hearing all about how this trip went!

Hi everyone! I just started a TR for our most recent trip. Follow me along there to read about our May 2016 trip!

giphy%20tiana_zpstme2rwvv.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter