7 passengers in one Minivan- were taking the grandparents to Disney! A Dec 5-10 PTR!

cantwaittoseemickey

DIS Veteran
Hey there Disfamily. We are going back to Disney! It is sort of "bounce back" in a way. Tyler (ds 11) went on his MAW trip to Disney World this past July and we had an amazing time. My mil has wanted to see the kids in Disney for several years but it just hasn't been doable. We went on his trip and came back and said we have got to take the grandparents to see GKTW and my mil see the grandkids in Disney. My parents are getting to the point where travelling is just getting harder for them so we didn't want to waist any time. Tyler will be having surgery next spring/summer that will take a few months to heal from so we decided now was the best time to do it.

The Cast
Me-Tonya::MinnieMo
Dh-Tim:mickeyjum
Sierra-:tink: (13)
Tyler-:smickey:(11)
Tims mom-:tinker:

Coming up: How we knew now was the time

Now the the kids are in bed for the night I can have a little time to write. Me and hubby have been talking for a while now about wanting to take my parents and his mom (his father is deceased) to Give Kids the World so they could see Tylers star on the wall and just see how amazing this place is. And since my mil keeps saying she wants to see her grandchildren in Disney we thought it would be a great time and she could see GKTW too. Now just a forwarning that even though my mil says she wants to go I wouldn't put it past her to back out. But hopefully not as we want to have a great trip with everyone which I'm sure we would.

Anyways Tim and I went out for lunch this morning and discussed once again if we should go on the trip or not. Since Ty is having major surgery aroud April We though now would be the better time to do it beause there is a slim chance we will be able to have any kind of vacation for a while but we'll see.

So while we were sitting there making up or mind and talking I finally thought I felt better about going. Well we come hom and there is a discount in my inbox from Disney. 30% off room only WORKS FOR US! How perfect could that have been? So we are all booked.

We will also be going to Kennedy Space Center for one day and then head over to our Allstars hotel for Disney. In between those two we will head over to Give Kids the WOrld. Then check in the hotel. I will have more of an itenerary hopefully in a few days.

Your so lucky to be able to go back so soon. You all will have a blast. I would love to do this with my parents, but like I said in your other post...my mom can't do that anymore.

I totally understand that. My parents were in a car wreck when Ty was a baby and was hit head on. They have never been the same since. We have taken small trips to see how they would do. My mil has so much energy lol so she should do ok.

-----------
So we have part of our trip booked. We have the rooms at All Star Movies booked. Now I need to add on a hotel around Kennedy spae center (if you have any idea let me know please. Indoor pool wouldnt be bad. And what kind of clothes we need to pack -maybe a little of this and a little of that?

Now tomarrow I'm going to work on seeing if we want to do the very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. The only two parks we are going to is Magic Kingdom and Disney Hollywood studios.

Hi Laura! Ahh I see you are going back too:cool1: Are you doing a ptr?

----------------------

A little change of plans. We added two more days onto the All Star Movies instead of staying near Kennedy we will just drive straight to All Star and drive over to Kennedy Space Center. Much easier then having to repack everything back up once we get there. And I can have Ty's medical stuff shipped right to one hotel which will save alot of room for packing.

I really hope to do some things on Tylers passport while we are there as there just isn't much on it close to us.

We told the kids yesterday and the look on thier faces was priceless:rotfl2: Complete and utter shock. We never told them we were even considering going. Then when we told them who all was going well that really did it:laughing: Ty had come in from a tough day at school and had actually came home and went to bed. Once we told him he perked right up. They are so excited to be going back to GKTW and showing everyone.

So my first to do list is:
Make Countdown chains/calender
Get a luggage box for the car
Gather some of the goodies that was left over from our MAW trip from the Big Give Group:love: (crayons,books,etc)
Get the bathinsuites back out :thumbsup2

It definately is.I'm still not all settled from the July trip:rotfl2:

Ok I have really lagged on my report but I'm here now:) So we have decided to scrap the MVMCP because that just isn't in our budget. I would love to stay but it just won't work. Anyhoo I am getting the itinerary together sloowly so I will post it as soon as I get it all figured out. My mil is really getting into the trip now:rotfl: Bless her heart she's like another kid going to Disney the first time:lmao: My ultimate goal is to get her on BTRR. I am introducing her to the world of youtube!

I think I would be happy with just doing MK both days as there are so many rides there apposed to the other parks but I will have to see how much Tim is set on going to DHS. There just aren't that many rides there and for the short amount of time we will be there it just seems more doable to ride the most rides.

I still need to sit down and take a look at the park hours and figure out our days but I have heard they can change a bit before we leave. I hope to get to it this week.

I have to say it was alot easier to do his MAW trip then this Ptr because this trip is so much different.

I get tickled with my mil though because she randomly calls me and says IM SO EXCITED :rotfl2:My parents are debating whether they are going to go or not. I figured it would happen. They just can see spending the money if all they are going to do is go and sit all the time which if I know them that is so what they will do.

Anyhoo we have gone over the rides that are "must do's and we are for sure doing DHS and MK so that's that. I can't wait to see GKTW again and see the kids faces light up when we get there.

Planning coming ahead....

Ok so in case anyone is following along since I have really not done a great job with it so far:lmao: here is an update:thumbsup2

My parents have decided not to go as it is just too much walking for them. My mom had such a hard time deciding. So it looks like it is just 5 of us going. So anyhoo now that they made their decision we have a decision to make as well. Fly or drive. 16hrs vs 2hrs. Cheaper to drive but quicker to get there to fly but then we would need a rental car and that is an added expense. So decisions decisions. If we decide to fly guess I will need to change the name of my ptr:eek:

So far our itinerary is as follows:
Sunday-arrive (one way or another:lmao:)
Monday-MK
Tues-Visit GKTW
Wed-Kennedy Space Center
Thur-DHS
Friday-Time to head home!

I have been collecting little Disney things for the last few weeks for each of the kids. I plan on giving them a little goody bag the morning we leave home. So far I have some stickers, some little slap frog's and some Disney wash clothes that get bigger as you soak them in water. Just a few little things to start the day.:wizard:

Since you are coming in December, I would bring a variety of clothes. The high temps this week are in the mid 80 with lows being in the mid 50s. So you may want to bring some pants and maybe a sweatshirt/jacket.

As for GKTW, just remember to bring your Star Fairy Passport, that way it will be easier to find his star and you will be able to see the short slideshow of pics from his trip.

ok...so I've officially "found" you!! Of course knowing me I could easily disappear and not return until the night before you leave:rotfl:

So you decided to fly huh? Good thinking. 16 hours is a long way to drive unless you can spend a good 8-10 days there. Yes, 24 hours may be a long time on a train as well but we'll be asleep for almost half of it (no sleeper cabins for us due to the expense but the coach chairs are supposed to be comfy to sleep in assuming you can sleep in a chair..............which we all can).

So you'll use your passport for Kennedy? Have you had an opportunity to use it at all since you've returned? We have put ours to great use.....Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland, Sesame Place, Six Flags, Water Country, Funtown/Splashtown...... The kids had one heck of a summer I'll tell you :)

Did you do the GAD promo for a free WDW ticket? Fortunately we did so that will help with the budget. Plus SeaWorld has a 'buy an adult ticket get a child's ticket for 5 bucks" (I'm assuming it's still going on) and I found a place where you can get 1/2 price tickets for US/IOA for 1/2 day. Perfect for a visit to SuessLand:thumbsup2

Sorry your parents bowed out. My mom is 82 so I worried about her on our Spring trip but she was a trooper. Obviously it couldn't have been too much torture or she'd have declined this time around!

I'll try to check in and keep tabs on you:)

Since you are coming in December, I would bring a variety of clothes. The high temps this week are in the mid 80 with lows being in the mid 50s. So you may want to bring some pants and maybe a sweatshirt/jacket.

As for GKTW, just remember to bring your Star Fairy Passport, that way it will be easier to find his star and you will be able to see the short slideshow of pics from his trip.

Thank you for the tips I will definately keep those in mind. I plan on packing some capri's for me and Sierra. I will probably pack 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of jeans shorts and a couple of short sleaved tshirts and a long sleeved shirt. I will definately pack some sweatshirt jackets. Debating on the poncho's although we sure used them in July! I hope that is enough. I am really bad about packing the entire house along. Forget the kitchen sink!:lmao:

I will be sure to pack the Star Fairy Passport. Thank you! I pretty much know where his star is since it wasn't too long ago (and we took pictures standing next to it;)) But I will definately pack it just in case.

ok...so I've officially "found" you!! Of course knowing me I could easily disappear and not return until the night before you leave:rotfl:
lol Boo! That's ok no worries there!;)

So you decided to fly huh? Good thinking. 16 hours is a long way to drive unless you can spend a good 8-10 days there. Yes, 24 hours may be a long time on a train as well but we'll be asleep for almost half of it (no sleeper cabins for us due to the expense but the coach chairs are supposed to be comfy to sleep in assuming you can sleep in a chair..............which we all can).

We did decide to fly but I am having a hard time figuring out how to get from the hotel to Kennedy and GKTW. It will take park time to go get the car and if we do go to GKTW on Thursday I'm not sure how we would get there since we would really need to take the car back before then as We will have to leave the hotel extremely early. So now I'm not sure if A) we will be able to fly because I have to have a nonstop flight and B) We can do GKTW on Thursday. I'm worn out just thinking about all of this:rotfl:

So you'll use your passport for Kennedy? Have you had an opportunity to use it at all since you've returned? We have put ours to great use.....Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland, Sesame Place, Six Flags, Water Country, Funtown/Splashtown...... The kids had one heck of a summer I'll tell you :)

Yes we will use it for Kennedy that and already having the other tickets is the only way we are being able to go right now. We wanted to use at least one thing in his passport before it expires because the likelyhood of being able to do anything next summer with his surgery would be unlikely. We have not used it because the only thing that is around us that is on it is Cedar Point and that is 4hours away.I was really bummed when I saw that. There is so much around us so I was surprised to see that.

Did you do the GAD promo for a free WDW ticket? Fortunately we did so that will help with the budget. Plus SeaWorld has a 'buy an adult ticket get a child's ticket for 5 bucks" (I'm assuming it's still going on) and I found a place where you can get 1/2 price tickets for US/IOA for 1/2 day. Perfect for a visit to SuessLand:thumbsup2

We didn't do the GAD since there was nothing local. Hum that Sea World deal sounds good! Now I'm thinking the 16hrs doesn't look so bad so we can have our van:lmao: Ahh SuessLand cool!! As long as I don't see Forbidden Journey again :laughing: I think it was a good thing I didn't know before I got on what it was like:lmao:

Sorry your parents bowed out. My mom is 82 so I worried about her on our Spring trip but she was a trooper. Obviously it couldn't have been too much torture or she'd have declined this time around!

I'll try to check in and keep tabs on you:)

It really wasn't a surprise to me as it is just getting harder for them to walk long distances. But on the bright side I have a doggie sitter:cool1:

Be sure to check in next time to see if we FLY or DRIVE. lol Tim asks me so are we flying or driving today:rotfl:

Offical decision: We are driving:eek: Since we need to get new tires for the van (found out today) We might as well drive. Sierra is not a happy camper (or should I say passenger:lmao:) at this point. Even though I would rather fly and get there faster too I think this is the better decision as we will have free roam of our time while we are there.

I finally found some luggage I like. I just bought one piece as my parents are letting me borrow some of theirs. I will slowly add to my collection so we wont need to borrow. Not that we are planning any major trips anytime soon after this one but it is nice to have it just in case. I found both kids some really nice carryon luggage. One is purple and one is green but I haven't bought it yet. It's a bit out of my price range right now.

So with that being said I can OFFICALLY PACK:banana::cool1:

To Do's

Put some $$ on the kids gift cards. Thankfully my kids are not big spenders on vacation.
Get the beach things together-
nose plugs
ear plugs
sun screen-just in case
swim suits will have to wait as we have a conference to go to at a Indoor waterpark resort next month
towels
water shoes
Turn in school vacation forms -wish me luck on this one!!
Purchase extra batteries for camera's
Make sure all camera's are working and the video camera is ready to go

We are making progress:banana: Today Tim and I went out to get a few things done. We got new tires put on the van since my others were cracking:scared1:We also bought him a nice new jacket (don't think we want to take an old greasy jacket with us:confused3):laughing: and a couple of shirts too. Then we went to return my second pair of shoes on my quest to find comfy shoes for my out of shape feet. I found a pair of Easy Spirit walking shoes on sale and they gave me an extra 10% off since they had to order them with free shipping:banana: After that we stopped for a bite to eat so it was a great day getting some Disney stuff done.

Just checking on your progress!! I see that you are STILL driving LOL The drive down will be a piece of cake.....................it's the drive back that's going to be the killer :laughing:

I've still not even started to plan. We've got the reservations for the train but that's it. We're doing a donation drive in our community for gktw...that's been taking up alot of time lately. We're collecting stuffed animals....................gingerbread men to be exact:lmao: So far we've got letters out to all the public schools in town (that'd be 5), the local credit union, the municipal building and our church in an effort to have as many drop-off locations as possible. So far we've got ALOT of support and I'm almost fearful LOL We could be buried in stuffed gingerbread men!

Keep up the good work. I didn't even START my Wish Trip planning until the second week in November last year so I figure I've still got a couple of days!

Hope Ty is well :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter