7 passengers in one Minivan- were taking the grandparents to Disney! A Dec 5-10 PTR!

Hey there Pamela. Nice to "see" you. I was wondering how you are doing. :hug: Great to hear your GKTW donation drive is going well! Things didn't work out with me getting started on something for them but hopefully next time. Are you having all of that shipped to them? That would be alot to carry on the train with you;)

Yes we are definately driving. We have gone back and forth alot. But driving it will be:headache: We are hoping to still borrow my bil's car topper so we will have more room.

Ty is doing ok. He went to the GI last week and had an episode in front of him that he has quite a bit at home. He becomes very red/yellow and gets very lethargic so the GI became very concerned. He ran some blood tests that came out normal but he is waiting to talk to the neuro to see what she thinks. You know that feeling of when it "finally happens in front of a dr" feeling. He thinks its autonomic in nature but isnt sure.

Our trip is coming along.I ordered my customized maps:banana: and got my shoes in:cool1: Now the packing will really start no messing around! And I better get busy with the Christmas decorations and shoppin:cool1:

Hi ya everyone. No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth:lmao: Boy am I slackin on this TR but oh well. lol We are getting close! My mother in law calls every morning now to remind us how many days we have left till we leave.:rotfl2: She is too funny. I really hope she has a good time.

I'm getting ready to "attempt" to make some Tie Dyed t-shirts. This is my first time so we will see how they turn out. I am going for Mickey Heads so we will see. I am excited to do this because I am such an uncrafty person:lmao:

We have the car topper in the garage and I think I can fit a total of 2 suitcases in it. Not alot but anything is better then nothing. :thumbsup2

We are still working through some medical issues with Ty but we are getting the things we need to feel more comfortable with it. The only apt hopefully that we have until we leave is the dentist :cool1:We are also taking matters into our own hands with his wheelchair. His handles come up almost to my neck and this was the 4th set they tried to get right so hubby is going to hopefully work some magic on it so we can be a bit more comfy then we were in July pushing him around. If it doesn't work out we have his back up chair although it is a bit of a pain in the tushy to fold.

Anyhoo we are getting so excited!

I did it. I made the T-shirts:cool1:

My mil's and Ty's
The Mickey Heads glow in the dark
MickeyHeadtshirts007.jpg

Mine and Sierra's
MickeyHeadtshirts008.jpg

I also bought some long sleeve shirts to to underneath of them so we could layer.I also made a simple Mickey Head countdown calender. Felt Mickey heads on velcro on top of the numbers. Didn't take a pic of that. Sorry;)

Today I actually got a little bit of Christmas shopping done. Tomorrow I'm working on packing since it is supposed to rain. And maybe put some Christmas decorations up.I usually wait till the weekend after Thanksgiving to put them up but I don't think I will have time after Thanksgiving before we leave.

Hope you all have a great week!

Well since I have been talking to myself this long I might as well continue:rotfl2:

Up until now I knew I had plenty of time to get everything done. Um not anymore:banana: After Thanksgiving it will be crunch time:dance3: Can I just say how relieved I am that the decision was made to drive. I have lots of things ready for the kids to do. Ty says he is ready for a 3 day car ride. Um not quite that long thankfully. The kids have one full week of school before we leave then we are off to see Mickey!!!

Things I have done:
Hair and pedicure apts scheduled
Ty's hair cut
car topper at the house
Ty's room clean
Christmas tree up
Outside decorations up

Things I still need to get done:
Check camera batteries and buy some
Get beach things together
Clean Sierra's room
Get dogs things together
Put ornaments on the tree
and........

PACK!!!

Nope, you're not talking to yourself.......you're talking to me!!!!

Didn't I tell you I might very likely disappear only to return right before you leave? Well...........voila :laughing:

Looks like you are doing well and making great progress (xmas decorations and all huh? I'm impressed!). Amazing how time flies isn't it? Seems like just yesterday we were talking about going and now....well, it's almost here.

Never did get around to a PTR for our trip. It's been sooooo crazy busy with the Donation Drive and Christmas shopping and getting ready for Thanksgiving and Olivia's Nutcracker rehearsals. I actually JUST secured a hotel reservation last night, as well as one of the two car rentals we'll need. Better late than never huh? LOL As it turns out my husband is going to join us (along with Olivia and Brennan) for the first 1/2 of the trip because he couldn't stand the thought of beiong left out of the experience of seeing Matty presenting the box(es) of gingerbread men at GKTW. We're so excited!

Did you manage to get any dining ressies? I just got three this afternoon which surprised me seeing that it's so late. Are you going to MVMCP? I still need to get those tickets. Do you have a tentative itinerary? Maybe we'll be at one of the parks on the same day.

Anyway...just wanted to pop in and see how it was going. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

:)

Nope, you're not talking to yourself.......you're talking to me!!!!:rotfl2:

Didn't I tell you I might very likely disappear only to return right before you leave? Well...........voila :laughing: lol yep you sure did!

Looks like you are doing well and making great progress (xmas decorations and all huh? I'm impressed!). Amazing how time flies isn't it? Seems like just yesterday we were talking about going and now....well, it's almost here.

I didn't say ALL of the Christmas decorations:rotfl: The tree is up but no lights or decorations. The nutcracker, santa and snowman are outside but we still need to put the lightbulbs in them and the icecycle lights are in my kitchen floor waiting for someone to put them up;)

Never did get around to a PTR for our trip. It's been sooooo crazy busy with the Donation Drive and Christmas shopping and getting ready for Thanksgiving and Olivia's Nutcracker rehearsals. I actually JUST secured a hotel reservation last night, as well as one of the two car rentals we'll need. Better late than never huh? LOL As it turns out my husband is going to join us (along with Olivia and Brennan) for the first 1/2 of the trip because he couldn't stand the thought of beiong left out of the experience of seeing Matty presenting the box(es) of gingerbread men at GKTW. We're so excited!

You just got a reservation? WoW! Are you guys staying onsite? Glad to hear your hubby is joining you for the first half of the trip. I can't wait to go back to GKTW!!

Did you manage to get any dining ressies? I just got three this afternoon which surprised me seeing that it's so late. Are you going to MVMCP? I still need to get those tickets. Do you have a tentative itinerary? Maybe we'll be at one of the parks on the same day.

I did but I'm not sure about them just yet. I got Garden Grove at 5:15 on Monday and Garden Grill at Epcot on Thursday 4:20pm which I do need to cancel because that is Christmas night at GKTW and we want to eat Christmas dinner there and see Santa.

Anyway...just wanted to pop in and see how it was going. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

:)

We have somewhat of an itinerary. We are actually looking to leave on Friday now since my mil is off that day but we just need to plan it out so we don't come across Atlanta at rush hour. We will probably stay in GA somewhere and then head in on Saturday and hope to find a hotel at either Cape Canaveral or Orlando that night. We have a priorty seating ressie at T-Rex on Sunday night sometime I think around 5ish. Monday we are heading to MK Tues to DHS and Wed to Kennedy if we don't decide to go there on Sun instead, Thurs is GKTW and some shopping and Fri we are heading home.

If we don't see you at the parks we will probably see you at Christmas at GKTW. Let me know if any of this matches you and we can meet up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter