7 year old at hollywood stratgies

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
We are lucky enough to be able to take extended family to Disney this December. There is one child , a 7 year old active little boy. His mother assures me he will love the thrill rides. That being said, is Jedi training even a thing anymore? What else would y'all recommend ? Its been so long since we've had a Young one with us and after covid shutdown, what little things at HS would make his day even better?

We just took our 7 year old. He did everything in Galaxys edge (ROTR, smugglers, interacted with characters etc), did star tours twice, slinky Dog, and Fantasmic. Lots of filler stuff in between. Plenty for him to do, he wasn’t bored in the slightest!

My 7 year old loved the Star Wars stuff, Fantasmic, and the Muppetvision 3D. He even had a good time eating at Pizzarizzos. The challenging part about HS is the lines. My kids aren't great with lines. They were wiped out after an approximately 70 min wait for Smugglers Run. We hopped over to Epcot and did a scavenger hunt and came back for Fantasmic and Star Tours.

Another neat thing looks like Sci-Fi Dine-In theater. We haven't done it because my 7 yr old is too picky to eat anything on the kids menu there, but it looks like it would be a fun meal.

Toy Story Mania, I'm an adult and I love this ride and so will the 7 year old. Even without the Jedi School the Stars Wars stuff is fantastic. My son, was 8 the first time we went to HS, he is now 14, it is favorite park and he isn't even that huge of a Star Wars fan.

Toy Storyland is fantastic. Be sure to stop at the checkerboard after Toy Story Mania, great picture opp.

Sci-Fi Dine In is one of our favorites. Let the 7 year old sit in the driver's seat, they gave my son a "drivers license" one year.

Lightening McQueen Racing Academy, is just a simulator type movie, but if your 7 year old liked Lightening at all, it is worth it.

The 7 year old will love HS! We just got back from Spring Break there and took our 6 year old. She loved all things Star Wars (Rise and Millennium Falcon), Toy Story (Slinky Dog, Midway Mania and the Swirling Saucers), loved the Mickey and Minnie ride, the Muppets 3D show, the Indiana Jones Show, Star Tours, the Lightening McQueen Show and we did dinner at Sci Fi Drive In. (We also did the Frozen show and Beauty and the Beast). Great day all around and a great park for those under 10!

My Seven (now eight) year old daughter's favorite things to do at HS are Slinky Dog, MMRR (by far her favorite ride), Droid Depo, character interactions, and Sci Fi restaurant. She will and has done pretty much everything there (all the way back to her Disney JR days) but those things still sit at the top of her list.

HS is my 7 year old’s favorite park! We last went last summer when he was 6.5.

He did all the rides in Star Wars land and built a droid there, met several characters, rode TSMM and MMRR, saw Muppet Vision, ate at 50’s Prime Time. I couldn’t get him on SDD…he had bad memories of riding it when he was 2 (he wanted to ride it back then…).

We’re going back this summer and he says he’ll do SDD this time. We are staying at YC because of proximity to HS. I imagine we’ll hop over there a couple of times!

I'm maybe in the minority here but I'll throw in my 2 cents.... we just went with extended family, 5 kids in our group ages 3-14. HS was the one park we struggled to enjoy. Yes,there are the 2-3 great headliners... and then it seems like not a lot of 'smaller' things to do. At least nothing that our crew wanted to bother with. This seems (to me) a major flaw of the studios now, there's not enough to do throughout the day,I do LOVE the Star Wars rides etc, once done with those, there's not enough substance left in this park to give it a 'disney feel'. I think our group went in 2 mornings,and both days left before 1 pm. This is in stark contrats to the other 3 parks, which fill an entire day with so many details it's impossible to see it all!

My three year old daredevil loves the rides at Hollywood Studios. He's done everything except Tower (he's tall enough but it might be a bit too intense for him yet) and Rockin Rollercoaster (not tall enough yet). He grimaces the entire time he's on Slinky Dog but he also talks about it all the time. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter