$75 Bell Services charge to hold a rental crib?

MickeyEarrings

DIS Veteran
I read in an older thread about a $75 fee for bells services to hold a rental stroller, crib or ECV that is not rented from ScooterBug, their preferred vendor.

In trying to find a company to drop off a crib at Kidani most vendors have windows of time when they deliver and you choose your time frame to meet them at the resort to both accept and return the rental.

HOWEVER, I found one vendor who says that as long as I call the bell services manager the day before I arrive and authorize them to hold the crib for me until we arrive, they can drop the crib off.

Is this guy just trying to get my business without telling me about the $75 charge I'll find on my bill on check-out?

BTW, I know I can request a crib from the resort but we have a tall 2 year old who is getting too big for a pack-n-play and too young for bed rails around the sofa . I can't risk not having a crib for him.

May I ask why he can’t sleep in a bed with rails? My son outgrew PnPs at 18 months (he was 30 lbs at that point) and when he was 2, at hotels, we put him in the other bed in the room, with rails (including at the Poly). He did fine but maybe I was just a clueless new-ish mom and didn’t know any better…

We were offered a crib with rails at VGF recently. Disney does have some of these.

My 2 year old just slept on the pack n play mattress on the floor.

May I ask why he can’t sleep in a bed with rails? My son outgrew PnPs at 18 months (he was 30 lbs at that point) and when he was 2, at hotels, we put him in the other bed in the room, with rails (including at the Poly). He did fine but maybe I was just a clueless new-ish mom and didn’t know any better…

Both my kids went straight into regular beds from their cribs...the older one we took our sweet time, and i think we didn't move her out until she was 2.5 or 3? The younger one we moved into a bed just after she turned 2 when we got bunk beds. She had started climbing out of the crib and even after we put the mattress on the floor in the crib, she had started to get tall enough to even climb out of that.

In February we put a rail on one side of the bed for the 2.5 year old. The kids shared a bed, so we only needed the rail on one side.

He wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night and can stay awake for an hour or more. Without a crib he would probably run all over the place.

I read in an older thread about a $75 fee for bells services to hold a rental stroller, crib or ECV that is not rented from ScooterBug, their preferred vendor.

In trying to find a company to drop off a crib at Kidani most vendors have windows of time when they deliver and you choose your time frame to meet them at the resort to both accept and return the rental.

HOWEVER, I found one vendor who says that as long as I call the bell services manager the day before I arrive and authorize them to hold the crib for me until we arrive, they can drop the crib off.

Is this guy just trying to get my business without telling me about the $75 charge I'll find on my bill on check-out?

BTW, I know I can request a crib from the resort but we have a tall 2 year old who is getting too big for a pack-n-play and too young for bed rails around the sofa . I can't risk not having a crib for him.
I have never heard about being able to do this. what would you do if when you call manger tells you no to your request. also what about drop off as you leave

I rented from kingdom strollers last June. I was there for the stroller drop off, but they actually bring and collect all the cribs once a day so the crib was already at bell services. I was not charged anything to pick it up there or drop it off at bell service.

Do you have to lug the thing up to your room and set it up by yourself? Is it assembled when you get it and you have to bring it up in the elevator, etc?

You can have bell services bring it to your room, but it is on wheels and is very easy for one person to do on their own. As far as the set up it's easier than a pack and play. It took maybe 10 seconds to set up, and all the linens come packed vacuum sealed inside the crib. The crib itself had a vinyl cover for transport. It was just as easy to pack up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter