76 years ago, the Beginning of the End, and today, we again remember

Dan Murphy

We are family.
We remember all those who gave their lives, that day and the days that followed. We remember all those who were wounded that day and the days that followed.

We remember all those who were in that war. We remember D-Day, June 6, 1944. We give thanks.

My Grandfather, Father-in-law, and a whole slew of other relatives were in WWll. On their behalf I thank you for posting this.

I love this story about D-Day: General Montgomery's plans for the day were written on ONE page. At the very bottom was written the phrase "The key note of everything of everything to be SIMPLICITY." I have a copy of his notes hanging up with my husband's grandfather's WWII jacket and other things to remind me of that in my daily life. Those were some amazingly brave soldiers, and I am eternally grateful for their sacrifice.

I watched the Band of Brothers documentary this morning.

My grandfather was on that beach.

I’m grateful always.

At the end of the building where we stayed in Weymouth, England last June, they had a picture of American troops waiting to board for D-Day. They used their bayonets to scratch their initials in the wall. Very poignant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter