7DMR - Line jumping

TMAN264

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else experienced the line jumping at the 7DMR, or as the guilty parties call it "holding a spot"? We arrived in the stand by line at 9.15AM last Sunday (10/2/16) to a 60 minute wait, and had 3 large families push by us all after the official stand by entry.

I confronted the last of these families, and the response was " It's not cutting in line, their Grandma is holding a spot". Where I come from this is line cutting, subject to ejection from the park.

The weird thing? This only happen at this ride, the other 4 days I did not see this once? Anyone else have this happen?

I feel your pain. Sadly Disney really doesn't care about line jumping. They usually just ignore it. We have never waited standby at 7D but I'm not surprised you experienced it since the line gets so long there and stays that way. I live near Cedar Point and they will evict for it. Luckily my last trip we really didn't experience any line jumping. All I can say is sorry that happened to you.

I live in Michigan, and attend Cedar Point regularly. Let's just say this doesn't happen there because CP people police themselves.

Last Sunday I chose to ignore the issue because I don't want to have confrontations at the MK, and of all the rides we did on a 5 day hopper, it was the only instance of this. It's just odd because it was more than once.

I have no issue if you get out of a long line to take a little one to the bathroom and come back, but you can't come up with a whole family when only one person waited. That's like me just camping out on Main Street for a parade then having my whole family come up front row right as the parade starts.

This would bother me so much but unfortunately I don't have what it takes to actually say something or do something about it :( I'd probably just glare and say things softly to my wife haha

I was there this past February and a CM actually told the family they couldn't hold a spot for someone else. I think the problem was that the person who was holding the spot was really further up and a lot of the people were complaining and arguing. So my guess is that the CM didn't want any trouble. But I have seen it where if the person holding the line is not to far from the entrance they won't say anything to them.

I've said "Excuse you?" a few times to people pushing by - usually they just look away and keep going, but if there is a CM close enough I contact the CM. If enough people complain about getting pushed/shoved by people cutting through, then maybe they will actually do something.

The standby queue at 7DMT and I have a love/hate relationship. My daughter and I tend to go standby at night, and the queue is pretty cool the way it is landscaped, etc. But once we get inside, and people are at the games and there are huge gaps, well... I ask the people ahead of me if they are going to fill in the gap, but if they say no, or don't respond, then I go ahead of them. Sometimes people then try to get ahead of us, to where they were before, but by that time there's no room.

Haven't been to MK, but cedar fair owned Kings Island will eject. The only problem is I've witnessed both the offenders and people that report the line jumping get booted together.

Over the years, I have seen it rarely at Disney, but I have seen it.

In my head, I always had the half rule. I understand the two people catching up to the family of six, but not the family of six catching up to the two people. But there are people who are very strict (You should not get in line until your entire family is ready), and people who are very understanding (what is the big deal, we will get in the next car).

Never really see line cutting at Carowinds (Cedar Fair Park in Charlotte), but not normally there when there is much of a line.

Hey, Cedar Fair people, I know this is the wrong forum, but a quick question. We are Carowinds season pass holders as well, and thinking about getting the “Premium Pass with food” next year, and doing a two week grand circle trip which would include hitting Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair, Michigan Adventure, Canada’s Wonderland, Cedar Point & Soak City and King’s Island (and some family in-between). Anyone done that/worth it/recommendations?

It depends on how long I've been waiting. My son and I waited 90 minutes for RSR at DLR and it was obnoxious how many people cut in line.

I'm sure I would probably get to the point that if I'm in a long line that I would say the grandparent should wait until they've caught up to her in line, and not put out all the other people who have waited patiently.

Thanks for the input, I thought it was out of the ordinary. Maybe just a bad day?

Ehh, it happens, and yes, it's rude. I for one though am not going to stress about it or anything. That's why the CM's don't engage. What's worse, waiting an extra 30 seconds to a minute to board a ride because someone skipped ahead, or witnessing a scene that someone might create with a CM that might involve yelling, foul language, or worse? I'll let karma figure it out and just enjoy my time on vacation.

Has anyone else experienced the line jumping at the 7DMR, or as the guilty parties call it "holding a spot"? We arrived in the stand by line at 9.15AM last Sunday (10/2/16) to a 60 minute wait, and had 3 large families push by us all after the official stand by entry.

I confronted the last of these families, and the response was " It's not cutting in line, their Grandma is holding a spot". Where I come from this is line cutting, subject to ejection from the park.

The weird thing? This only happen at this ride, the other 4 days I did not see this once? Anyone else have this happen?
This is notoriously common in DCA's toy story mania in california. i absolutely HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

We had this happen at PoC at DL, and refused to let a group past us, a group of 4-5 "catching up" with a single person. It got a bit ugly. We held our ground. We called foul because the ride had actually shut down for 30 minutes, this happened towards the end of that delay. I speak up, even if I let them pass me. (It is the NJ in me).

At Great Adventure, our local park, they boot people out that line cut. My husband let a revolt there once, that got a small group ejected. Best part, they came with a larger group, a BUS trip, and had to wait for hours outside the park to get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter