7DMT- 5 year old

No "huge" drops like you'd find on other roller coasters. The ride never actually goes that fast. Has a few banked turns. Too scary for a 5 year old depends on their appetite for rides. As coasters go, it's pretty tame, but it is a coaster.

There's a decent drop but like every ride, depends on the child.

It's very far from a serious coaster. So it would be good to start out on before going to Big Thunder, Space, etc

We rode this for the first time a few days ago and my five year old LOVED it! She's never done anything like that before, so we tried the Barnstormer first (got a seat near the front so it was slower) to gauge it and she loved that one so much we got on right away for other trip (this time we rode in the back so it was faster and she still loved it). We also watched the ride videos on youtube so that she knew what to expect.

There is a drop but it's nothing extreme. My kids started riding it around age 2 (closer to 3). And they love it.

My just turned 5 yo at the time loved it. So much that I decided we'd try thunder mountain, which she also loved. She had not been on any coasters before that, other than the really really mini kid ones at local parks.

I did show her a video on YouTube before we went, and we watched it before getting in line.

She also liked barnstormer. So did I! I wish it was 3x as long though. Over in a blink.

Super smooth, nothing big. My 5 year old twins loved it! We went on about 5 times on our last vacation.

My kid rode 7DMT at 5 and still won't forgive me for taking her on it. Now she won't even ride Barnstormer.

only you know how to best judge your kid's comfort level, but i will say mine first rode at age 2 (actually a couple days before his 2nd birthday...he's always been tall for his age) and loved it!

ride in the front. its very smooth. the back can get a little wild....nothing extreme, but probably best not to push your luck the first time.

My 5 year old loved it, but she was already a coaster nut by then. If your kid is tall enough and wants to ride, let them.

My youngest daughter was 3 when she first rode it and absolutely loved it. It all just depends on the child.

My 5 yr old rode it at 4. He says never again. :( Yet my 2 yr old wants to.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter