7DMT Waits Closer to Park Closing Time?

binkee12

Mouseketeer
Hi currently Magic Kingdom is open untill 10 at night on April 8th - do you think the last hour will still have a long line at Seven dwarfs mine train or will it go down to a reasonable amount which for me is 20 minutes or less?

Last edited:
It's 7DMT or SDMT....not SWMT. :upsidedow

At night when I often check the wait times on the MDE app, I still see Mine Train with a 30+ minute wait. That's not to say it's possibly inflated and much less, but I'm sure other DISers here have better knowledge than me.

The last few times we have been there, wait times around closing have been close to 30 minutes. Haven't ridden at that time, so not sure if those are accurate or not.
Still shorter than right after RD or mid-day.

We’ve ridden 7D several times close to closing time. The longest we’ve ever waited was 20 minutes during opening week in 2014. Most other visits have found waits closer to 10 minutes.

Just keep in mind that the posted waits are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders. We usually see posted waits in the 70-100 minute range.

When in doubt just ask the attendant at the entrance. They do know both times.

You probably won't get much feedback on this topic as there just aren't a lot of guests riding 7D late at night.

It will be considerably shorter. You can gauge the length of the line by how many people you can see from the outside. Last summer, one night it said 80 min around 9pm, but we couldn't see ANYONE outside, so we got in line (our kids don't care about fireworks). We were on the ride during the fireworks, which started at 9:15. This was 4th of July week, FWIW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter