8:25am reservation at BOG beneficial?

Ormond gigli

Earning My Ears
will this benefit me in getting to hit 7DMT right away with little to no wait? I'm getting conflicting reports.
If I pre order food and eat fast at I able to get a jump on the 7DMT crowds?

Do I get to line up for the ride inside the park before the rope drop crowd at the hub does?

Not exactly sure how this works.

It'll be beneficial if you get out before rope drop crowd. Won't be beneficial if they move the opening time up to 8am though

1. will this benefit me in getting to hit 7DMT right away with little to no wait? I'm getting conflicting reports.
If I pre order food and eat fast at I able to get a jump on the 7DMT crowds?

2. Do I get to line up for the ride inside the park before the rope drop crowd at the hub does?

3. Not exactly sure how this works.

1. That actual time would be kind of late.
But, you can enter MK with the early ADR guests (about 7:45AM) and head directly to the restaurant and see if you can be seated closer to 8:15, or so.

2. Yup.
3. You head to the attraction after leaving BOG, and get in line.

Good stuff....so if I'm out of BOG by at least 8:50 and head towards 7DMT I shouldn't have too much of a wait and beat the hub crowd?

Good stuff....so if I'm out of BOG by at least 8:50 and head towards 7DMT I shouldn't have too much of a wait and beat the hub crowd?
"Let The Magic Begin" is at 8:55 AM so,yes,if you head to SDMT BY 8:50 AM you will beat the Maingate crowd and will get a ride in ahead of them(IF SDMT opens "early" that day-it "usually" does,but no guarantees).:)

"Let The Magic Begin" is at 8:55 AM so,yes,if you head to SDMT BY 8:50 AM you will beat the Maingate crowd and will get a ride in ahead of them(IF SDMT opens "early" that day-it "usually" does,but no guarantees).:)
Gotcha...but even if it doesn't open up early I'd still be in line ahead of the Hub crowd, correct?

It'll be late September, so I'm assuming opening will stay at 9:00am?

Last year in September MK opened everyday at 9am, except on Saturday's. Every Saturday it opened at 8am.

Chances are good it'll remain 9, but just make sure to keep an eye on it

Gotcha...but even if it doesn't open up early I'd still be in line ahead of the Hub crowd, correct?

You will as long as they don't let rope drop crowd in early. I haven't taken part in a rope drop at Mk since the new opening procedure, so idk if they still sometimes let guests in the rest of the park before the scheduled opening. As in HS and Epcot it's not uncommon to get in 10-15 min before scheduled opening

Yes,Guests are not allowed past The Hub until the end of "Let The Magic Begin" which starts at 8:55 AM.:)
Thank so a lot. Just wanted to be sure, mainly got the reservation to get a head start on rides in the morning. Thinking I should be able to hit up 7DMT and then head over to Peter Pan before lines are too big.

They will start queuing BOG PPO ADR guests against the 7DMT fence sort of on the BOG side of the attraction. The time they actually let that queue go to 7DMT can vary. You'll likely get a few minute advantage on the regular RD crowd, but stuff can happen. YMMV.

This pic shows where they start queuing folks. Tales will Bell is to the left, BOG to the upper left. FWIW, this pic was taken at 8:40AM. It's not in the pic but there's a CM just to the right marking the start of the line.

IMG_1828.JPG

They will start queuing BOG PPO ADR guests against the 7DMT fence sort of on the BOG side of the attraction. The time they actually let that queue go to 7DMT can vary. You'll likely get a few minute advantage on the regular RD crowd, but stuff can happen. YMMV.

This pic shows where they start queuing folks. Tales will Bell is to the left, BOG to the upper left. FWIW, this pic was taken at 8:40AM. It's not in the pic but there's a CM just to the right marking the start of the line.

View attachment 234191
Thanks for the picture!
As long as I'm able to get a jump on the hub crowd I'm happy.

I had 8am BOG in January twice and did exactly that. Both times I managed two Mine Trains before the crowds. (and ran straight to Thunder Mountain after!)

I had 8am BOG in January twice and did exactly that. Both times I managed two Mine Trains before the crowds. (and ran straight to Thunder Mountain after!)
Awesome.

About how long did it take you to get seated a food brought?
Think it 8:25 is early enough to make it on the line with enough time before rope drop?

We'll be pre ordering the food and may just share a meal.
We'll also try to get seated a little bit earlier.

Pretty sure I was in and out in about 30 minutes. I preordered but didn't rush. If you walk up early, you may get in early.

Josh at easywdw wrote a post about this in the past month or two. He gave some tips that you may find helpful. I'm hoping it's possible because that is my plan for October as well.

Josh at easywdw wrote a post about this in the past month or two. He gave some tips that you may find helpful. I'm hoping it's possible because that is my plan for October as well.

I was going to say this. We followed his advice this March (spring break crowds). My family and sister's family had 8:25 and 8:45adrs. They let the breakfast line in all at the same time, so it doesn't seem to matter what time your reservation is. We did not pre-order (we should have), got there about 8am and still rode 7dmt 2xs. When we were getting back in line the 2nd time, the flood gates had just let out and there was a huge mass of people (led by some cms) to 7dmt. We were very pleased with how it worked out.

DD just told me yesterday that she wanted to eat at BOG after watching the new Beauty and the Beast movie. She wants to visit the castle again (we did lunch and dinner in 2014). I was able to get an 8:30 am Breakfast on Sunday, August 27. My main objective for that day is to ride Splash Mountain before it's closed for refurbishment then hop to AK for my prebooked FPs. I have EMM booked for another day to ride 7DMT. Will I be able to walk through the back to Splash Mountain before the main crowd? Will there be ropes between the lands? Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

DD just told me yesterday that she wanted to eat at BOG after watching the new Beauty and the Beast movie. She wants to visit the castle again (we did lunch and dinner in 2014). I was able to get an 8:30 am Breakfast on Sunday, August 27. My main objective for that day is to ride Splash Mountain before it's closed for refurbishment then hop to AK for my prebooked FPs. I have EMM booked for another day to ride 7DMT.
1. Will I be able to walk through the back to Splash Mountain before the main crowd?
2. Will there be ropes between the lands?
1. Unlikely.
2. You will likely encounter some sort of "stoppage/delay."
However, the Splash and BTM area is always the last MK section to become "busy" in the mornings.
You should be fine even without a BoG PPO meal.
(Also, it MIGHT be that MK will open an hour early on your day, rendering a PPO breakfast useless for an advantage on riding attractions.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter