• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8:55 BOG

rehoboth

Earning My Ears
I am sure this has already been discussed a million times, but I couldn't find it when I searched. I jut got an 8:55 BOG breakfast reservation (park opens at 9:00). I THINK I have read that even if our reservation is at 8:55, we can still enter the park around 7:45 with other PPO reservation guests. Is this correct?

I am thinking about using the reservation just to get us into the park early to ride 7DMT in front of rope drop crowd (not even showing up for BOG reservation).

Has anyone done this in the past with success?

This was 18 months ago, so take it FWIW. We had an 8:50 BOG reservation. We entered the park with the 7:45 crowd and stopped to take some pictures along Main Street on our way to the restaurant. We got seated (we pre-ordered our meals) around 8:20. By 8:50 we were finished eating and went to the 7DMT line. They led us through the FP line and we got on one of the last trains before the rope dropped.

I am sure this has already been discussed a million times, but I couldn't find it when I searched. I jut got an 8:55 BOG breakfast reservation (park opens at 9:00). I THINK I have read that even if our reservation is at 8:55, we can still enter the park around 7:45 with other PPO reservation guests. Is this correct?

I am thinking about using the reservation just to get us into the park early to ride 7DMT in front of rope drop crowd (not even showing up for BOG reservation).

Has anyone done this in the past with success?
Mine is at the same time, so I'd like to know the answer to this as well. We might just want to experience a nearly empty park- but I've also heard of people just going ahead and getting seated earlier than their ressie says, too. I was planning on going in about 8:15 if I could.

Mine is at the same time, so I'd like to know the answer to this as well. We might just want to experience a nearly empty park- but I've also heard of people just going ahead and getting seated earlier than their ressie says, too. I was planning on going in about 8:15 if I could.

You can go right in no matter your reservation time. As long as it is PPO you are good to go

Yep, I've had a 8:20am ADR solo, but got there around 7:30am and was let in right at 7:45am. Ordered a kids' meal - that is really a full meal with the complimentary pastries and drink included - and was second in line for SDMT when they let us in to ride before rope drop. Was able to get in line for a second ride on it right as the rope drop crowd was converging.

I just always feel badly for the family that would have really liked to have the BOG reservation, but can't get it.

They could always get it for later in the morning. Disney knows what they are selling with the 8:00-9:00 reservations, and have no qualms taking advantage of it by charging $28 per person for a $7 breakfast.

We had an 8:35 reservation a few weeks ago. We had pre-ordered, got to the park early (it was a marathon day and we were scared we'd have bus delays if we didn't leave a ton of extra time), and were the 2nd or 3rd family into BOG when they opened the doors. We ordered full meals and didn't rush, but we made sure to get out by 8:50 and head for 7DMT. It was an EMM morning so we knew we couldn't ride before 9. We weren't among the very first in line, but we were close enough to the front that we were off by 9:15.

I know Disney's system allows people to pay the $10 and no-show the reservation for early access to the parks, but this really is one of those situations where doing it does directly impact other people. I stalked BOG reservations for months before finally scoring the one we got. I would have been fine with any breakfast time, even one after the parks opened, because I so wanted to see the Castle. With a party of 5 during Jersey Week, I couldn't find anything on either of our MK days. We're lucky that the one that opened up happened to be PPO, but even the mid-morning ones weren't easy to get.

I just always feel badly for the family that would have really liked to have the BOG reservation, but can't get it.

Agree 100%. I know in the age of "but I want what I want and who cares about anyone else" it's not popular to think of others, but I would never book and keep an ADR with no intention of keeping it - or of getting it for multiple people and ordering one drink - because I think about the family with a little one who would love to actually eat in the Beast's Castle. (Or any other place.)

They could always get it for later in the morning. Disney knows what they are selling with the 8:00-9:00 reservations, and have no qualms taking advantage of it by charging $28 per person for a $7 breakfast.

But there are not always times available later. And as of right now, Disney is not "taking advantage" of anything because they are not (and never have been) enforcing what was intended to be the policy of a prix fixe where EVERY PERSON on the ADR was to order a meal which has led to people getting ADRs for larger groups and ordering one drink or one cupcake. If they'd actually enforce the originally intended prix fixe - like they changed dinner to - I suspect we'd see a lot less hoarding of ADRs just to get a jump on a mediocre and boring ride.

You could also just go in at 7:45, enjoy the empty main street and around 8:30-8:40 (i.e. the time that you would be heading up anyway if you just wanted to go to BoG) head up behind the castle of line up for mine train so that you are one of the first in line, ride it right as it opens and be 5-10 minutes late to your reservation, if that, which you can blame on Disney Transportation.

Last edited:
We had an 8:35 reservation a few weeks ago. We had pre-ordered, got to the park early (it was a marathon day and we were scared we'd have bus delays if we didn't leave a ton of extra time)"

Do you remember how long it took you to get to MK? I am a little nervous as the only ppo that fit my plans is also on a marathon Sunday! what resort did you travel from?

Unless it's one of the busiest times of year, if you can't get a BOG at 180 up until a few days prior, I tend to think you're not trying.
Res finder for the win. ALWAYS.

Do you remember how long it took you to get to MK? I am a little nervous as the only ppo that fit my plans is also on a marathon Sunday! what resort did you travel from?

Marathon day 2017 took us 1.5 hours of h e l l to get from PoP to MK. Main road was closed for runners so we had to loop around Wilderness, along with everybody else going to MK.
If I were to do it again, I would bus to Epcot and then monorail it to MK.

Just know that Early Morning Magic events are nearly every Sunday. So, if part of your reason for a PPO breakfast at BoG is for early access to rides, you could be shut out due to the EMM.

If your desire is to simply eat at BoG and be done before/at rope drop...no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter