• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8 years of planning! Need opinions!

kookiekat02

Earning My Ears
I have finally booked the trip after 8 years of planning! 6 of us are going: Myself (the 'wife'), the 'husband', son (9), daughter (6), my sister & my niece (3)! We are going in April '15 and are all super excited. The daily plans are falling to me and I am trying to pin down what days where so I can plan ADR's and have a general plan for everyone. My hubby and sister don't really care where we go when (I have been trying to get some input but they are the 'it's too early to worry' crowd so they are leaving it to me).

My breakdown so far looks like:
Sunday--Arrive around 2. Get settled for the trip and play in the pool.
Monday--Magic Kingdom
Tuesday--Hollywood Studios
Wednesday--Downtown Disney & Disney Quest
Thursday--Animal Kingdom
Friday--Sleep late then Magic Kingdom late night (Dinner/fireworks)
Saturday--Epcot (Future world side)
Sunday--Magic Kingdom
Monday--Blizzard Beach
Tuesday--Epcot (World Showcase)
Wednesday--leaving early

I would appreciate some opinions about my planned park days...I am terrified I am going to wear the children out. DTD day & Blizzard Beach days are meant to be slower days for everyone. Thanks in advance!!!

It looks like you have the easy days spaced out well.

Are you going to use Extra Magic Hours (are you staying on site)?

Did you check a crowd calender?

Check the www.UndercoverTourist.com crowd calendar as the time gets closer. This site is loaded with tips, advice and most of all the crowd calendar. I use it everytime and it never lets me down. It is my go to for everything. My best advice to is plan enough to have an idea of where you're going to be but don't lock yourselves into anything. Flexibility is the key to sanity. If you are staying off property then you will want to watch out for the extra magic hours. You will have to leave the park those days due to the fact that only resort goers are allowd to stay late or go early those days. If you are on property then those days are for you.

If you are going to be visiting a park more than once bring a map back to the room with you. Cross off what you've done and plan to go right to the stuff you didn't get to. It helps ensure that you will get to do most everything you set out to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter