85 in NC sucks

Yes it does! Our daughter is in college in Salisbury, NC right off 85. We've been spending a lot of time on that road. Hopefully, it will be done before she graduates in 2021 :)

Live in NC. Family all in MD. Kids in college in PA. Drive it all the time and it's awful. Today was extra awful. Just wondering if they will ever finish. Been three years at least.

Last edited:
Saw the thread title and thought "It's 85 degrees in NC the day after Christmas????";) Sorry to hear about the road conditions, it has become a real quality of life issue.

Hey NC, get her done, why don't ya?!?!?! Been under construction forever. Single lane for miles...ridiculous. Added an hour to my drive home today. Thanks!

Can we include 40 in Raleigh as well!!! They widened it, repaved and it took years. The company completing realized after the fact they put down the wrong paving material and had to rip the whole thing out!!!:mad:

Saw the thread title and thought "It's 85 degrees in NC the day after Christmas????";) Sorry to hear about the road conditions, it has become a real quality of life issue.
That’s what I thought too. 85 degrees.

I try and avoid on that of in the interstate. As it is much more worse than a regular road.

I use to live off of the Bruton Smith/Concord mills exit back in 2012 and it was a mess back then. I will be back out to visit for Carolina Rebellion and dreading renting a car and going up 85.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter