89 Days until our 1st Disney Vacation.

crehm

Earning My Ears
Hi! My name is Chris and like my title suggests my family (DH and DS age 8) are counting down the days until our June vacation. We are so excited! Well actually I am more excited than they are, but that's because I have been the one making all the plans. And most of our plans are made or at least all the ones a newbie like me knows to make.
We will be leaving our home in eastern NC on the morning of June 15th and driving to Palm Coast Fla where we will have dinner and spend the night with dear friends who moved from here to there last summer. The morning of the 16th we will leave their home to check into our room at All Star Movies and will be there until we check out to come home on the 22nd. We did book the dining plan and I have all of our ADR's made...that was fun..after booking, changing our minds, canceling, booking somewhere else, yada yada we are finally happy with our choices (at least I think we are...so many to choose from ). The following are the Parks we are planning on visiting on which day and the reservations we have for each day:

Sunday the 16th: MK...no reservations. We just want to feel our way around and will eat quick service somewhere. A Disney addict friend of mine suggested Pecos Bills.

Monday the 17th is HS and Mama Melroses with Fantasmic tickets.

Tuesday the 18th is Epcot. No ADR's here. There were just so many fabulous looking choices ...How could I possibly decide. Looks like another quick service day to me.

Wednesday the 19th is AK and we have reservations for Donald's Safari Breakfast. I am really excited about this one. Another Disney Addict friend (how can I be surrounded by so many DA's and this is our first trip?!?) said her family loves, loves, loves this breakfast and highly recommended it especially if we wanted to do the Kilimanjaro Safari, which we do.
We have dinner reservations at Ohana's this night.

Thursday the 20th is going to be one of the Water Parks..or maybe both, splitting them between the day. That night we have reservations for Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

Friday the 21st our last day :sad: we plan to be back at MK.
Our dinner reservations this night is at Whispering Canyon. I'm a little worried about the whole ketsup thing ;) (jk)

We are planning on being in each park on the days they have their EMH's. Although I'm not sure we will last long enough to take advantage of them. Maybe if we take a mid day break and head back to the room for naps we can do it...we'll see.
I did join touringplans.com, but after looking at some of their plans I was a little freaked out, I mean I really like planning, but I'm not sure I want to plan every second of every minute of our vacation and if I have a list I MUST FOLLOW IT COMPLETELY!! It's hard coded into my DNA or something.
So 89 days and counting...I enjoyed making the plans, but this waiting really stinks!
In the meantime we are introducing our son to the classic Disney characters through movies (he is more familiar with the Pixar characters), reading blogs and watching YouTube videos. Oh, I did read on one of the blogs about pin trading so we are also reading up on that and plan to find a starter set of pins and a lanyard for our son pre-trip.
I think that's about it. I'm sorry this is so long and I hope I have not bored you all to death. I have enjoyed reading through some of your posts and welcome tips/suggestions from you veterans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter