8A: 6016 or 5522

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
We’re thinking of switching from sailing in December to July for Western Caribbean. There are 3 8A rooms still available. i know there has been multiple threads on this before but which is better for you? I seem to like the configuration of 5522 (mini suite) better but do not like that it’s so close to Vibe and above the theatre? Does it make a difference? Also how much swaying is there in this area? I’m going with first time cruisers....

Last edited:
We stay in 5520 and I have never heard any noise from Vibe or the theatre. Maybe due to the fact that when stuff is going on in the theatre we are usually there or at Dinner I have not clue. I thought the room was on a very quite hallway without a lot of traffic.

We stay in 5520 and I have never heard any noise from Vibe or the theatre. Maybe due to the fact that when stuff is going on in the theatre we are usually there or at Dinner I have not clue. I thought the room was on a very quite hallway without a lot of traffic.

Same. We stayed in an 8A on the 5th deck and never had a problem. It was very quiet and convenient. I didn’t notice any more sway than in other areas of the ship (but I don’t typically get seasick either).

Same. We stayed in an 8A on the 5th deck and never had a problem. It was very quiet and convenient. I didn’t notice any more sway than in other areas of the ship (but I don’t typically get seasick either).

That’s great to know! Thank you both! I might change my reservation if it’s still available. Is there a difference between facing port or starboard?

We were in 5522 on the Dream and it was super quiet. We felt so far out of the way - no noise at all. I loved the room set up as well. The dividing wall and the two portholes were great! We even sat in the portholes and watched the fireworks from there on pirate night. I was surprised we could see them as well as we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter