9/12/04... thoughts? Charleston S.C.

TinkerKat

<font color=coral>The only thing that "I own" that
Hey gang. Just wondering if anyone was as disappointed as I was with the Charleston SC stop?
Good lord! It was chilly and overcast, I personally didn't get off the ship and would of preferred a day at sea. Or even a Day at Port Canaveral! At least Florida had bright Sunny skies.

I never got off the ship.
I felt so bad for all the first time cruisers! What a sucky change of itinerary!

Had I been given a "choice" I would have rescheduled my cruise for a later date!
We just got back from Fla. this morning. Overall, DCL crew members were great... and we had fun doing The Contemporary.

But I think DCL needs to keep in mind, when people SAVE $$$$
for this type of vacation, they WANT carribean waters and warm sunny weather! S.C. was not a wise choice!

Sorry you were disappointed. When DW and I saw that you guys got to go to Charleston, we were extremely jealous. We felt that was a FANTASTIC port to be allowed to stop at. Can't control the weather, of course, but I sure would have been much happier to be in Charleston than to not be able to cruise (which is what happened to us with the 9/4 Magic). Again, sorry you didn't like stopping at Charleston.

Hey TinkerKat I was on that cruise with you. This was our first cruise and we had been waiting to cruise since our DD4 was born.

I was happy about the stop to SC because we had saved and waited so long for this trip we went with the attitude to make the most of it. We went to the Aquarium and shopped a little and had a wonderful time.

With that said it was not the Bahamas (which is what we paid for and only got a total of 3 hours in, thanks to the stingray excursion being rushed). We were very sea sick the entire trip too, so for a first time cruiser it was a bit dissapointing but overal we had fun. My dd4 had a blast. We originally booked another cruise while onboard for the 7 day Halloween eastern next year, but after being home and reflecting on the weather etc we changed to the west coast 6 day cruise since we live in Cal.

Hopefully one day we will get to see CC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter