9.15 BOG can we enter early?

mickeyheart

Mouseketeer
I managed to get a 9.15 BOG ADR on Thursday. Will we be able to enter before the park opens at 9, or will we be with the other rope droppers?

I asked a similar question about our 9:10 BBB reservation. Someone confidently stated that no, I would enter with everyone else, which turned out to be wrong. We were let in early. CMs said everyone who has a reservation before 9:15 (not sure if 9:15 is included or not) got to go in the pre-park opening line.

1) Huh ????
2) Even if not let in early, you still can make your ADR time.
3) I repeat, "huh"?
Are you surprised that someone is asking and then disappointed at the answer? A lot of people ask this question because they're hoping to get pictures on an empty Main Street, or one reason or another. Of course, we know it doesn't work that way, but it's not a ridiculous question.

I asked a similar question about our 9:10 BBB reservation. Someone confidently stated that no, I would enter with everyone else, which turned out to be wrong. We were let in early. CMs said everyone who has a reservation before 9:15 (not sure if 9:15 is included or not) got to go in the pre-park opening line.

I will rephrase it as: I would not expect to be let in early, as I overheard a few people told to wait with similar time frames. But you might get a CM who does not mind.

In general, the only thing any ADR gets you is a promise you will be let in prior to the ADR, and the chance to order a meal.

Anything else, right down to "it's PPO where are my empty park pix!!!" ain't part of the offer. And 9:15 is NOT PPO.

That's curious. This is the first time I've ever heard of someone being let in early with a reservation after opening. In my experience, they have a printed list of all ppo reservations. Were you on the list? Or did they look up your your reservation some other way?

Last week they were letting in early anyone with a ADR up to 9.15 on the 3 mornings I went to MK rope drop. They were announcing it via loud speaker.

Last week they were letting in early anyone with a ADR up to 9.15 on the 3 mornings I went to MK rope drop. They were announcing it via loud speaker.
I've heard this elsewhere, and it seems to be a common practice. However, there are rarely any guarantees at WDW that any "common practice" will not be changed on a given day. "common" does not mean "universal".

I've heard this elsewhere, and it seems to be a common practice. However, there are rarely any guarantees at WDW that any "common practice" will not be changed on a given day. "common" does not mean "universal".

I know, just giving my experience for the OP of having gone recently. @mickeyheart personally I'd go just in case, no harm in asking if there isn't anyone announcing. If yes then yay! If no then at least you'll be able to get in prime position to be at the front of the pack and maybe send someone to the Contemporary to grab a coffee

That's curious. This is the first time I've ever heard of someone being let in early with a reservation after opening. In my experience, they have a printed list of all ppo reservations. Were you on the list? Or did they look up your your reservation some other way?
Yes, they had a list of all people with reservations before (possibly including) 9:15 and our 9:10 BBB reservation was on it. This was this August.

Last week they were letting anyone with a reservation before 9:15 into the park early. I was actually surprised to see this. They scanned magic bands and then put us in a line and let us in the park around 7:50. I would not count on this to always be the normal, but we saw it on 3 different mornings at the magic kingdom.

This only makes sense as someone getting there at 8:45 or so, for a 9:15 ADR is going to be caught up in the huge crowds there for park opening. It makes it even more difficult to make the ADR on time, even when the guest is there early, as suggested. So many are standing around to see the opening show that's a lot of folks to weave through.

That said, it's an awful time to eat if you are only there on limited days. You are eating when the lines are the shortest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter