9/5/22-Unvaccinated travelers can join RCCL for almost all U.S. sailings.

I guess if you’ll only go on vaxxed and tested cruises, you likely won’t be cruising in 2023. As you are free to decide. I’m thankful my family is again able to go.
Nor will they be sailing any time in the foreseeable future, unless something crazy happens, I don't see them going back, except maybe on a case by case basis. I personally am glad to see the theatrics ending and hopefully in its place there will be policies and procedures that work well, such as enhanced air filtration, policies that encourage people to rebook if they are sick with anything that is contagious, etc.

Got off of the Wish recently on a B2B. Even with the pre-testing, people contracted Covid. Lots of people got sick (Covid or something else) on the cruise(s) or shortly thereafter, including us. We tested yesterday and were negative. I have no problem saying it was my last cruise, ever, if testing is not required.

The Wish was a nice ship but I think it is better suited for 7 day cruises than 3 and 4 day cruised due to the small venues, bars, etc. The 7 day cruises would give prople more opportunities to get into the small venues. Several CMs thought the Wish will transition to 7 day cruises when the new ship arrives.

Even with the pre-testing, people contracted Covid. Lots of people got sick (Covid or something else) on the cruise(s) or shortly thereafter, including us. We tested yesterday and were negative. I have no problem saying it was my last cruise, ever, if testing is not required.
We all have our own comfort levels. Surely, No fun to be sick on vacation. I have been on non DCL cruises when norovirus broke out a couple of different times

In that sort of environment, It spreads like wildfire. They employed mitigation efforts best as they could. I couldn’t fault them The ship would alert all and you’d observe a decided uptick As to sanitizing/cleaning.

I didn’t fault the cruise lines then in any regard. Always sailed with the thought of noro in the back of mind and made sure to ‘washee-washer’

Of the same mindset now as to planning our first dip into the waters for next may. That said, I’m going to book a cancellable rate to see what the fall/winter does bring.

Even with the pre-testing, people contracted Covid. Lots of people got sick (Covid or something else) on the cruise(s) or shortly thereafter, including us. We tested yesterday and were negative. I have no problem saying it was my last cruise, ever, if testing is not required.
You even point out that testing does not help prevent catching something. So why bother?

Got off of the Wish recently on a B2B. Even with the pre-testing, people contracted Covid. Lots of people got sick (Covid or something else) on the cruise(s) or shortly thereafter, including us. We tested yesterday and were negative. I have no problem saying it was my last cruise, ever, if testing is not required.
Just as a counterpoint - we got off of a 7-night RCL cruise on 9/11. Out of a party of 5 of us, nobody came home sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter