9 Days in June/July? Are you crazy?

equinox

Dreams coming true! My girl's are going to wdw!
This was the question my DBIL asked when we told him of our summer vacation plans! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Yes I really think we are! Allow me to introduce myself as I am fairly new to these boards! I am equinox (aka Stacey ~the mommy). My DH (aka Brian ~the daddy) had decided we could make the trip to the world for our summer vacation this year! We only have made one family, and when I say family I mean our little family unit (not our entire family on my dh's side which we often vacation with), vacation to the beach! We absolutely loved the beach but we have been wanting to get back to the world since 01! Which is when we were there for our late honeymoon! It's been 10 yrs and now we get to go back!:banana::banana::banana:

We were trying to decide on when we wanted to go and I thought maybe the day after our oldest DD got out of school which would have been end of May sometime. But then crazy mother nature sent us (central AL) a terrible Ice storm w/very lil snow might I add in Jan where the kids in our county were out of school for an entire week! :sad1: Secretly I knew that would mess up our plans! So when news broke of Make up days and days added to the end of the school year sentence, I was not surprised at all! That is just the way our luck goes! So on to plan b................:confused::confused3

Sorry no pics! May post some later on!

:sad2:Plan b!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So plan b was the first wk in June after school gets out on june 2nd? But noooooooo DH had an even better idea! Why not just hold off 3 more weeks for our 10 yr anniversary? Well that is an idea I had not thought of! Course won't it be miserably hot? oh well we will just have to deal with it! By golly we ARE going to Disney World June 27- Jul 5th! We will be there for 3 celebrations in one! Our 10 yr Ann, Our girls first trips, AND the 4th of Jul!!:banana::banana::banana::dance3:

Now to introduce the rest of Our lil family unit as I mentioned before! Besides us we have 2 beautiful lil blessings in the form of one 7 yr old girl (Autumn) who loves life, is a complete daddy's girl:sad2:, a straight A student, AND is a super obsessive Ariel fan (she also happens to be a red head!). I cannot wait for that teary moment when she meets her for the first time! Our other lil blessing comes to us in the form of another lil precious girl who (Zoie) is 2.5yrs old whom is a little more cautious and melancholy (sp?):laughing: She is also a daddy's girl :sad2: we are currently in the middle of potty training? going pretty good so far! Zoie is a huge Mickey n Minnie fan so I also can't wait to see her reaction to meeting them!

The whole trip is a complete surprise! for now I have my mouth zipped but it's getting harder by the day! I have this whole elaborate scheme thought up b/c in our family we :love: surprises! But more on that later! :rotfl:

We are planning on driving! It will be around a 10-11 hr drive for us! I am not really thrilled about having that long of a roadtrip with a 2 yr old whom, if in the car longer than 45 mins w/o napping, starts complaining and crying with her back hurting (may need a new carseat before this trip)! So much so that dh said he would be willing to start our trip on the night prior so the kiddos will be sleeping and that would fall right in que with my elaborate scheme!:yay:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong? oh well its late (or early rather) so I am hitting the hay! will try to figure out in the a.m.!:goodvibes

Been trying to figure this out! Maybe I could get some help from some of you or the mods!:worship: I can't figure out how to do these reports! It's my first one, but am I the only one? :goodvibes There is only one difference that I can tell from the instructions that I can tell: when I got to edit my post I don't have the option to insert a hyperlink? all I have is an insert link button which won't let me name what I am attaching and the just posts the link! Help would be much appreciated!

Hi! I'm a newbie here too and learning so I'm not much help :laughing: Sorry.
I am just looking at others PTR's and trying to learn that way.

I am also from Alabama! We had at first planned our trip for the last week of May and then when schools added a week to the end of the school year for make up days, we had to push our plans back to June 8-12. But that's ok, our 5 yr anniversary is on the 10th so we will celebrate at Disney now! :woohoo:

mrssmith06! I am in a way kind of jealous! you guys are going before us! lol! anywho can you tell me how you did your ptr? you must have done something right b/c its at the bottom of your post!!!!:rotfl:

Oh your wanting to link it to your signature?! Ok let me try to explain it, lol:
Go into your user CP, edit signature, then click on the icon that looks like earth and when you scroll over it it says "insert link", click that and put the link to your PTR in there... it would look like this in your signature box:
[ URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2666904"]http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2666904[/URL ]

If you want to "name" it you need to edit what is above....take out the part AT THE END that says "http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2666904" and put whatever you want to say there, like mine says "Take a look at my June 2011 PTR"
:) Hope that helps!

And keep all of your updates in this thread instead of starting a new one each time. Like in your post #3 above, you linked to another thread with an update called "plan b"... I would just copy and paste what you wrote there into post #3...does that make sense? ;)

With your help and a lil patience I was able to finally get this stuff figured out! Now it's time to get the ball rolling!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks again! :worship: will be keeping up with your PTR too!

So now that you know the who's and the when's lets work on the where's and the what's!!!:laughing::goodvibes

So the last time we were at the world we stayed at ASMOV's just for the price factor:lmao: but I must admit we had a great time there! I :love: the gigantic icon theme! afterall it was my first time to go! Our room was nice from what I can remember, the food must have been decent? and the pool was a good place to go for a break!

Now that we aren't newly married broke :rotfl:and are going to be going during a very busy season we opted to step it up a notch! We looked at all the mod's and decided that Coronado Springs would be the place for us! We :love: spanish architecture and food! and also think that the pool with its mayan temple is awesome! :cool1: and the rooms are beautiful!

I am subscribed to the Coronado Springs threads but if you have anything to add feel free! Would :love: to hear it!

next up is the what's! As in what are we doing? We Have 9 day park hopper w/ddp. So I think we will be able to spend about 2 days in each park with the exception of 1! Still trying to figure out which one that will be (thinking epcot or AK)? We are spedning our Anniv (30th) and the 4th at MK though I do know that! Also doing a lil downtown dis too!

As for the dining I have made 7 ADR's so far! The biggies for us were Cinderella's royal table (anniv dinner) and Chef mickey's bkfst! We also have a fantasmic dinner at H&V, ohana's bkfst, sci-fi, 1900 parkfare, and yak & yeti setup. Would love to hear anyone's recent experiences with these also!

I am making lots of Projects for our girls and prob the biggie on that aspect is the surprise I kind of have it figured out but not finalized. We will not tell them until we are at least half way there or alrdy there! I would like to make a dvd of some sort so if anyone could help me out on that I have no idea where to start! Saw some really cute ones on youtube but not sure how they were made?

Next up I will post some pics!! TTFN!

I know its a little backwards, huh? lol

here is the last pic of our whole family (I am actually in it!)

n611964033_1528286_4490907.jpg

and here are some recent pics of the girls!

Autumn (7): who this trip is mainly all about!

snowdayjan2011018.jpg

and this is our lil Zoie (2): The fact that she is a huge mickey/minnie fan helped us decide to go finally!

snowdayjan2011021.jpg

Sorry these are so big! if you know how I can shrink them let me know! also if I can rotate the last one I would like to!:confused3

Well we are following in your footsteps! This will be our first trip and we are staying at ASMov :cheer2: LOL.
Are you doing water parks too? Just wondering since you said you have 9 day p/h tickets but only have 7 days to do the parks (2 days at 3 of the parks, and 1 day at 1 park)??? :scratchin

You can resize and rotate your pictures in photobucket. ;)

LOL! no we don't have waterpark tix. I figured our pool at CSR is going to be great:cool1: and didn't want to spend ANY more moolah so we opted no to. We will be driving so I am actually counting the 2 days for that even though we will be going to HS the first night there for dinner and prob somewhere for bkfst the moring we leave. I just meant whole days commited especially for the parks! :banana: lol Make sense? Def 2 days at HS and MK but cant figure out the other 2! lol:rotfl:

I ordered my girls ear hats tonight! they are so adorable!:lovestruc I got the youngest the baby minnie w/ bow and the oldest the classic pink wdw/clubhouse looking one! Best of all its free shipping tonight for park merch.!!!:banana:

Hi, I too am from Alabama southeast corner otherwise known as Ozark. We are also going in June. My daughter and granddaughter's birthday, one June 24 the other 25. So it is a birthday celebration for them.
She is a teacher but because we are farther in the south did not get anydays added to year. Hope you have a wonderful time and hope the heat is nice to us while we are there!! Signing on for your trip report.

Following from the June board! We will be there at the exact same time! Feel free to check out my PTR. Your girls are so cute!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter