9 Days to go! A perfect time for a PTR! **New! 8/29 shopping for the trip**

32 days to go and already changing up my plans... I was sad that there were no p.m. EMH during our stay AND MK closes at 7:00 on the last two nights we're there because of Night of Joy. So instead of going to DTD on our second night, we're going to head over to MK (still try to get to the resort to swim/rest/change). I even made reservations for Tony's, another place my kids love and I could pass on, for 7:30 that night. MK is open until 10, and we'll probably stay until close. Or maybe we'll hop on the monorail to the GF for some shopping... so many choices!

Things we must do at MK:

SPLASH MOUNTAIN - this was closed :guilty: during our last two trips (stupid January refurbishments), so we haven't been on it since 2009!
Pirates
Rides that go in circles that my DDs will have to ride alone. I even get motion sick on the carousel.
BTMR
Haunted Mansion
I would say Space Mountain, but it will be closed
TTA (my favorite!)
Carousel of Progress
Buzz

I think we're going to save checking out new fantasyland until the daylight hours. After all, we'll be back at MK the next morning!

Subbing in!:goodvibes

Happy belated birthday to your girls!

Ive noticed in september they dont carry much EMH in the evening....

Bummed we miss each other, always up for meeting new people!

BTW there is no way you looked like you were carrying twins:thumbsup2

Any change that gets you more MK time is a good change in my books! You have a great list of things to do and it will be great for you to finally get back on to Splash!

Happy Belated Birthday to Sophie and Hannah!!

Space Mountain? I thought they were just two day rehabs every few days. We have 8 days there so should hit even the new areas in Fantasy Land. We are excited to see the new changes.

I never road the river boat or did he Tom Sawyer trip so I would like to see that, and add in Jack Sparrow show.

I pulled all my Disney things out, my trip packets came so now they are in my Disney Binder. The big binder will pack and travel documents go in the secondary smaller travel folder.

My one concern is the weather, will it be cool, cold, humid and high temps? Also the rain. We can get a lot of rain on our Sept trips.

Super excited, I bet your girls are ready.

Subbing in!:goodvibes

Happy belated birthday to your girls!

Ive noticed in september they dont carry much EMH in the evening....

Bummed we miss each other, always up for meeting new people!

BTW there is no way you looked like you were carrying twins:thumbsup2

Welcome and thank you!!

Any change that gets you more MK time is a good change in my books! You have a great list of things to do and it will be great for you to finally get back on to Splash!

Happy Belated Birthday to Sophie and Hannah!!

Love MK time! :banana: I've been looking for the picture of me and my girls next to the closed sign at Splash a few years ago, but I haven't been able to find it. I think it's trapped on my old computer...

Space Mountain? I thought they were just two day rehabs every few days. We have 8 days there so should hit even the new areas in Fantasy Land. We are excited to see the new changes.

I never road the river boat or did he Tom Sawyer trip so I would like to see that, and add in Jack Sparrow show.

I pulled all my Disney things out, my trip packets came so now they are in my Disney Binder. The big binder will pack and travel documents go in the secondary smaller travel folder.

My one concern is the weather, will it be cool, cold, humid and high temps? Also the rain. We can get a lot of rain on our Sept trips.

Super excited, I bet your girls are ready.

Space Mountain is closed 3 of the 6 days we're there. We may have to make a special trip back to MK just to ride it at the end of the week!

I expect the weather will be hot and humid. At least, that's what I'm planning on. I figure we'll also get plenty of rain. I'm going to buy us each a couple of ponchos before we leave.

I don't have a Disney binder. I have a one-page spreadsheet with all our plans and reservations info. Maybe I should have a Disney binder... :)

I bough two rain hats, khaki and black from AAA today for dd and I. Hate poncho caps. I have a small binder with see through sheets this time usually it's a spreadsheet with ressie no. and printed sheets with ressies, needed phone numbers and contract agreements. After so many trips I tired of printing maps, snack sites, and packing list, so I put them in the binder. I have the small one I can carry like a folder and the bigger one with everything. It even has the Magic packets that arrived, postcards, stamps, Arcade card, my tickets from last years FD package.

Just fun putting it together i will reduce it down to the travel documents folder packing the WDW mother lode in the suitcase.
pixiedust:

Welcome and thank you!!

Love MK time! :banana: I've been looking for the picture of me and my girls next to the closed sign at Splash a few years ago, but I haven't been able to find it. I think it's trapped on my old computer...

Space Mountain is closed 3 of the 6 days we're there. We may have to make a special trip back to MK just to ride it at the end of the week!

I expect the weather will be hot and humid. At least, that's what I'm planning on. I figure we'll also get plenty of rain. I'm going to buy us each a couple of ponchos before we leave.

I don't have a Disney binder. I have a one-page spreadsheet with all our plans and reservations info. Maybe I should have a Disney binder... :)

We're leaving 4 weeks from today!!!! :yay::cheer2::yay::cheer2::yay:

Anyway, Day 3 brings us a.m. EMH at MK, so we're heading back there for rope drop. This will be our morning to explore the New Fantasyland (which attractions are open for EMH? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)? We obviously HAVE to ride the Little Mermaid ride, and check out the Tangled bathroom, and my DDs will want to go on the new Dumbo.

Ah, the old Dumbo. There's Hannah up there in her pink hat.

They also love the tea cups (another ride I won't get on). On our first trip we had some Disney magic when the Mad Hatter actually rode with them, then they got to go to the front of the line to meet Alice. Mad Hatter gave them "Today is my Un-Birthday" buttons. That's my mom, by the way :)

No matter what we end up doing, we have to make our 9:40 ADRs to another favorite... Crystal Palace!

After we eat, we may hit a few more rides, but we'll be back at MK later that night. Where my girls really want to go is....

Because they've only been to Disney in January, we have never gone to a water park. And my DDs LOVE to swim and LOVE water parks! So I added that option to our tickets this year, and this is the day we check out Typhoon Lagoon. Something new for us!

Must get to work. More later!

I am having a mini dilemma about BOG. We don't have any lunch plans at MK, but we don't really have any mid-day plans there, either. Our big MK day is Day 3 of our vacation, but we're already eating breakfast at CP, and we're going to TL during the middle of the day. By the time we get back to MK, BOG will have switched over to dinner and I have NO interest (even if I could get an ADR) in having dinner there. I actually had a dinner ADR for a different day, but it didn't work with our other plans at all, so I canceled it.

So maybe lunch at BOG is just something we're going to have to miss this time? :sad: Or maybe we'll hop back to MK on our departure day (though traditionally we go to Epcot, to ride Space Mountain (which will be closed on our other days there) and eat lunch.

So many choices...

Great plans for MK! I always love the am EMH there, we seem to get a lot done. How cool that your DDs got to ride with the Mad Hatter! I love that they do that at WDW. It's also great that your water loving girls will get to experience TL on this trip, they will have a blast!

About BOG, we went in December for lunch and we shared our meals because we weren't that hungry but we really wanted to see inside lol The food really wasn't very good, but the atmosphere was incredible. Our experience seems to be similar to that of many reports that I've read as well - so you wouldn't be missing out on much food-wise if you didn't get to go. If it were me, I'd just try to play it by ear and squeeze it in if I was in the area and hungry!

Joining in and catching up! A girls trip sounds like so much fun.

Your kids are adorable. I can't get over Baby J's hair. I hope your girls had a good birthday. :goodvibes

How neat that your girls were able to ride the teacups with the Mad Hatter.

We really like September in WDW. The crowds are low, which makes the humidity bearable.

We went to Quest and TL last September and liked both. We did Quest during an afternoon shower since it was included with the Water parks and more ticket option. The virtual roller coaster and some of the virtual games were fun. I think your girls are at an age they would like it.

Wow, Madhater, how did that happen? Dd would be blown away! How great for your girls. We have yet to see the new Fantsyland nd will have a few days there to see about BOG.
Still playing with nubers about a rental car. The thought to let the driving to ME is tempting. We do have friends in the area to see and it's not very expensive.
Four weeks Friday.
:love:

Great plans for MK! I always love the am EMH there, we seem to get a lot done. How cool that your DDs got to ride with the Mad Hatter! I love that they do that at WDW. It's also great that your water loving girls will get to experience TL on this trip, they will have a blast!

I love a.m. EMH in general, but I wake up really early in the morning. Here's the pic of Mad actually in the tea cup with the girls and my mom:

Joining in and catching up! A girls trip sounds like so much fun.

Your kids are adorable. I can't get over Baby J's hair. I hope your girls had a good birthday. :goodvibes

How neat that your girls were able to ride the teacups with the Mad Hatter.

We really like September in WDW. The crowds are low, which makes the humidity bearable.

We went to Quest and TL last September and liked both. We did Quest during an afternoon shower since it was included with the Water parks and more ticket option. The virtual roller coaster and some of the virtual games were fun. I think your girls are at an age they would like it.

Hello and welcome! Baby J was born with a ton of hair and it never fell out :goodvibes

We're going to give Quest a try, mostly because we can. My girls are pretty in to technology, so they'll probably like it. I may have to find a quiet corner to hole up in.

Wow, Madhater, how did that happen? Dd would be blown away! How great for your girls. We have yet to see the new Fantsyland nd will have a few days there to see about BOG.
Still playing with nubers about a rental car. The thought to let the driving to ME is tempting. We do have friends in the area to see and it's not very expensive.
Four weeks Friday.
:love:

Four weeks! Woo hoo!

My counter got stuck at 26 days :confused3, so I made a new one. We really only have 24 days to go!

I thought I would do a post about the next trip we're planning to the World. Baby J was born last November, and I want his first trip to be before he turns 3, so we have until Nov 2015 to make it happen. Things to consider:

1. Time of year to go. I have never been to WDW during peak crowd times, and I would like to keep it that way. January has worked out for us except for the iffy weather, and I am really looking forward to our Sept trip. BUT I don't like my DDs to miss a ton of school for vacation and they will either be in seventh our eighth grade during our next trip. Our Sept trip this year is working out very well because Rosh Hashanah is the same week as Labor Day, making a three-day school week. That's not the case in Sept 2015. Our school system used to schedule a 4-day weekend AFTER MLK weekend in January, and that was when we went for 3 years in a row. But they don't do that anymore. I'm leaning toward Sept 2015, though, as Baby J will be just a little bit older.

2. Where to stay. There will be 5 us on this trip. Assuming we go in Sept, my DDs will be 13, Baby J almost 3, and me and Dbf. We will definitely go back to a deluxe, and I am leaning towards staying CL. I want to try Poly CL, but Dbf is really interested in CR. For background, Dbf has been to WDW a bunch of times as a child, but never as an adult and he has never stayed on site. If it comes down to between the two, I'll probably let him have his way. He is already looking forward to spending the evenings in the lounge with Baby J drinking a beer and watching the fireworks while DDs and I enjoy the parks :drinking1

3. To DP or not to DP? If we stay CL breakfast will be taken care of. I think I am also more inclined to use a room only discount than any free dining we might be able to get when we go. At this point it's probably too early to make a decision on this!

4. How long to stay. We usually stay 5 nights. I did one trip for 7, and it was a lot of Disney. But going with a little one is definitely going to change the pace of how we do things.

And then, of course, there is always the option of staying off site, taking our parents, renting a car, going to Universal...

So many choices!! Need more coffee :faint:

I don't have a lot to add about the questions, but maybe if you stayed 7 nights you could have several days off of non-Disney fun to let Baby J recuperate between all of the hustle of Disney. Then you could rent a house for less money maybe. Just a thought.

I don't have a lot to add about the questions, but maybe if you stayed 7 nights you could have several days off of non-Disney fun to let Baby J recuperate between all of the hustle of Disney. Then you could rent a house for less money maybe. Just a thought.

If it were me, I would do Windsor Hills. They have Disney themed rooms. Planning our next trip in my mind for dgs.
I just read a trip report for two adults at the Spring Flower festival 2013 and they did not feel he resort looked like an island getaway. It was old, worn, overgrown in areas and too big to get around without a car.
Just her thoughts.

Aww, Baby J looks so cute in his 9 month picture.

This is going to be my first trip with a little one so I can't offer much advice. I do think you'll get a better deal using a resort discount over free dining considering the cost of the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter