90% Percent chance of rain this week!

Pretty accurate. Sunny, muggy in the morning with the afternoon storms, then rain deminishing in the evening.

Think of it as an opportunity: the parks can thin out quite a bit when the storms roll thru, so if you stick it out or take a midday break and return (if you're staying at a Disney resort) just after the storms are ending, you can still manage a good day. Play by ear and have a plan each day when you wake up and see that days weather forecast.

Advice: buy ponchos at home and bring with you. The ones in the park are expensive!

A 90% chance of rain doesn't mean that there's a 90% probability that it will rain all day. It just means that there's a 90% chance that it will rain at some point during the day. In Florida at this time of year, an afternoon thunderstorm is almost a given, but for the most part they don't last long and blow through quickly.

Not accurate outside of maybe the next hour. It can change drastically, but I would anticipate some rain this time of year.

All the weather forecast is saying is that there is a 90% chance of rain during the week. Note that does not mean that it will rain 90% of the time. Just that there likely will be some rain at some point.

Good to hear. I really wanted some pool time. Lol
You'll get it. It typically rains daily in Orlando in summer, but that rain typically only lasts for a few hours at most. There will be exceptions, but don't freak out. It will rain, but not 90% of the time you're there.

Get AccuWeather minutecast app. Really accurate information in the moment. Like rain starts in 5 minutes and will last 30 minutes. That way you know how long to plan for.

There is a 40-50% chance of rain everyday in central Florida during the summer. Unless there is a predicted hurricane or tropical storm approaching I would not worry about rain chances day to day.

We are in the same boat. Leaving tomorrow and over our stay at least 60% every day. Hard to not worry but it's Florida! Hitting up a park after a nice hour rain storm can be money
:dumbo:

So has florida returned to having rain? When we were there in April, the staff at GF told us they were in extreme drought and had not any measurable rain since the hurricane had gone through at the end of the fall. I was hoping they were getting back to afternoon rain. And you'll be fine....the rain passes pretty quickly.

Most of our trips to WDW have been during summer months, it's par for the course.

There's a 90% chance that it'll rain 70% of the days, but only 40% of the time...and there's only a 25% chance of that. :D

Reality is it can be very, very hit or miss. Last summer, over a 17 day stretch, it literally rained on us one time. That's it...once. There were some times where it poured overnight, or super early in the morning, but that was it. Then we've had other trips where it rained on us at some point nearly ever day, but as others said that would normally last a very short time. It's pretty rare to have a full washout of a day...not impossible, but uncommon.

So has florida returned to having rain? When we were there in April, the staff at GF told us they were in extreme drought and had not any measurable rain since the hurricane had gone through at the end of the fall. I was hoping they were getting back to afternoon rain. And you'll be fine....the rain passes pretty quickly.

We were there May 7-12 and stayed at WL. There was a note in our room that they wouldn't be having campfires due to the dry conditions. We didn't have a single drop of rain the whole time we were there. I'm glad the weather is back to normal...droughts aren't a good thing!

Nope. Still extremely dry and fires around

It rained many times during our stay in early May. Somehow, through some sort of super duper luck, each and every time it rained we were inside a restaurant or ride or something else and never got wet. Was amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter