$99 Corporate AP - Activation

rtp-resident

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I just came back from US/IOA where I activated our $99 special AP just offered on Universal's website. At the time there was a thread about when the passes themselves had to be activated - the site said 7/1/02 - otherwise they were no good. Some others received conflicting information when they called in. Here is the story I was told - unfortunately you can't ever be sure - one managers' story may not be accepted by another.

If you bought the $99 special AP from AAA or other AAA passes there is an expiration date on activation. It is usually printed on the back of the ticket. The manager showed me an example. He said they do this for inventory control purposes - so they know how many are outstanding.

If you bought of the Universal website - then no activation deadline - when you come in to Vacation Services they will give you an annual pass when you check in. Universal knows how many they have sold - so they know what their inventory is. When I told him that the website said you had to redeem the voucher by 7/1/02 - he said that was in error. There are no restrictions printed on the back of the ticket. I was pretty adament about there being a restriction and he was equally adamant about the voucher being good until activated.

Oh well - we activated since we were there and had a great time - even if it was incredibly hot. YMMV depending on who you get at Vacation Services. I certainly wouldn't want to take a chance of arranging everything and then find that my AP's were no good!!

Darn! We are going to arrive in Orlando on July 7, but I specifically did not buy these $99 special passes because of the July 1 activation deadline. Oh well, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Just call me the loser on this one! Glad to hear you had a great time!

i called universal twice and was told by 2 diffrent guys that they would expire after july 1st if they had not been activated by then so i just thought i would hold off and see if the offer would come up again.

WE called two people as well, one regular customer service, and the head of the Fan Club.. the manager there of Corporate accounts.

The manager didn't call us back, but an assistant did. They said (can't remember if it was a he or a she) it needed to be activated by July 1 as well.

We didn't take advantage either, and didn't want to risk it by going in August for our trip.

Same here - after TWO "you must activate by July 1st" responses I decided to hold off. Its ashamed because it would have saved us over 200.00 dollars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter