A 30th Birthday Surprise & Our first trip, May 2013!

Azza1987

DIS Veteran
Hello All,

I only joined yesterday but I am already hooked! I all last night reading people's trip report, reading the in detail accounts of different resorts, looking at photos!

What an amazing website I happened upon yesterday, and I hope it will be a big help to me in planning our first trip to WDW!

So its my OH's 30th Birthday in March next year, other commitments means I am unable to arrange anything until end of April/Early May!

Originally I was going to take him away for 2 weeks to an all-inclusive beach resort, but then he started talking about how his friend had come back from Disney staying at Animal Kingdom and had an amazing time. So then I got thinking?! Why dont WE GO TO DISNEY!

I've never been anywhere outside of europe (a parent scared of flying for more then 4 hours because its not 'normal' and then my inability to go anywhere but greece!). So I thought, better late then never!,

So I started looking in to price, and wow were flights expensive! I spoke with my friend who lives in Jersey City, she moved out there 6 years ago, and she said she'd be happy to put us up for a few days prior and why dont we tie NYC into our trip?! Since she's been out there I havent visited, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity, and it was a lot cheaper to fly Manchester - Newark - Orlando - Manchester, then it was to fly straight to Orlando! (GO figure?!)

So our flights are booked, We leave April 27th until 1st May in NYC, and then onto the Orlando for 8 days!

I haven't yet booked our resort though in Disney, I definitely want to stay on-site, but the choice is so amazing I dont know where to choose!

However after Tuesday it may make it a bit easier for us, I have a 2nd interview for a much better job that would mean a slighter bigger budget to pay for a resort. So Im holding out for a week and will then make my decision!

Currently Im toying up between Saratoga Springs Resort (asking for Congress park area if its avaliable) and Widerness Lodge, Garden View. I was looking at Port Orleans Riverside, but I think no balcony would not suit me and OH!

However if this new job comes along with its significant pay increase, Im hoping to be able to book the Beach Club resort :) Which looks so lovely, but its just out of my price range currently. So im keeping all my fingers and toes crossed!

Im hoping to keep this TR going right until we fly, as I cant discuss it with my OH, he has no idea, I have no one to get excited with! So im going to put all my excitement into this and to you readers!

I have all sorts of plans for when its his actual birthday in March, to reveal the surprise to him, like making him do a treasure hunt, or a puzzle but Im just not sure!

I am already counting down the days to WDW and I cant wait to meet Tigger, he is my total fav since I was tiny :)

Anyway thanks for reading, and hopefully this will be a fun report to keep until we go, whilst we are out there, and when we get back!

Now just to decide to on a resort....

**off to read more reviews!***:):):)

So i thought I'd give you a little 'over view of us'!

Im 25, and originally from a little village up north in England. I moved to Liverpool, England, about a year ago to live with my OH! I currently work as a consultant within a solicitors, but I have a second interview for a job in fraud this week! So im quite excited, if it goes well (I really want it...)! I love all things Disney, with Tigger being my favourite character, but Cinderelle being my favourite film! I've never been to disney, paris or orlando, so I can't wait!

My OH is currently 29, and wil be 30 by the time we go to WDW! He is an analyst, and has no idea what I am planning! So im hoping it can be kept secret until his birthday in March. Then I can let him know and we'll have jsut shy of 8 weeks to plan our days/meals!

Im hoping to get the dining plan with my booking, so i wil probably make a few ADR's before he knows to things I think he will like! Ohana will be on there from reading reviews, as well as Chef Mickey's for me :) Im a big kid at heart.

We have no children, but we do have 2 loving cats (well kittens, there only 6 months old). We rescued them and they are so needy, and want to be with you all the time! If they dont they are usually destroying our house, but I wouldn't change them! It will be very hard to leave them behind for 2 weeks (they are my subsitute children!). I wish they could come and enjoy the magic too!!

Anyways, I'm off to look at resorts again on the Disney website, Ive lost track the amount of times I read the descriptions and looked through the pictures! Fingers crossed for the new job and possible Beach Club resort booking!! :) xxxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter