A 4yr old, A 2yr - 2 strollers or a double

lizzie64

<font color=purple>Clay is my man!<br><font color=
Hello everyone,

On our last trip to Disney, my DS's were 2 and 3 months so we had to bring a full size double. Now they are 4 and 2 and the question is: Do I bring the same full size double that we bought for Disney, or can we go with 2 single strollers.

My garage is a stroller warehouse and my DH will shoot me if I even suggest buying another double stroller. A double umbrella to me is not an option. They don't look comfortable enough and the ones I've seen have no storage.

We will be 7 on our trip. DH, myself, DS15,DD15,DS4,DS2 and my DMIL.

Do you think we could manage with 2 strollers?.

We have 2 DD's - on our last visit they were almost 3 and 9 months. We looked into lots of double strollers and decided against them as they were too heavy and too cumbersome for what we use them for - essentially traveling. We decided to go with 2 ultra lightweight strollers - the Graco Citylite. They are less than 12 pounds each. We took a backpack style diaper bag for clothes, cups, snacks and diaper supplies. The stroller was easy enough that I could put on the backpack, hold the baby and break the stroller down with one hand and then board the bus. The stroller self locks when it closes but has an easy to reach button on the side to unlock it and reopen it when you arrive. My DH was able to put jackets in the other stroller basket, and hold those and help our toddler board the bus and carry a stroller. I never found my hands too full, and even the one time I had to stand up for a ride it was not big deal. When it is broken down the back side of the basket becomes a stand so the stroller will stand on its own. These are things we never could have done with any of the 2 seaters we looked at.

Since you have so many "older" hands, I would say go with 2 strollers. That way if your family decides to split up for some reason, the two little ones have the option of going with either group and not having to make a choice of walking. YOu may find yourselves pushing 1 (or 2) empty stroller(s) through parts of the day. My kids at those ages were in and out of the stroller. Half the time they wanted to walk the other half ride. But we always had the stroller available because you just never know when a preschooler or toddler's legs are going to get weary. (So where's *my* stroller? LOL!)

:earsgirl:

Thanks guys,

I think I will go the 2 stroller route.

Catwho, that's exactly why we want a stroller for my 4 year old. Last time the "walking"novelty wore off after about 3 hours and every time we got off of a ride he went looking for the stroller.

I could never go without a stroller for him.

I'll look into that graco citylite as well as the combi subv.

Thanks

We took two full sized strollers when our kids were 1-1/2 and 3-1/2 and didn't regret it for a second! They could both nap, my husband and I each had a drink holder and tray, and we had two nice big baskets underneath for all our 'stuff'!

Pam

I bought 2 lightweight umbrella strollers for our trip. The 2 youngest were 2 yrs and 5 months at the time. That way when our party had to split up for whatever reason one kid went with dad and the other with mom. I think it also makes it easier to get thru the crowds, however I did see tons of double strollers around and they didnt seem to be having any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter