A BAD wreck, saying NO to the EX, a surprise at school, and an AoA stay!

knottmel1

Mouseketeer
Hello All! I am so pleased that you stopped by to read my little PTR! I wasn't going to write one.... but thought what the heck. My thread is not nearly as cool as so many that I have read. I am just not creative that way. I hope that won't stop you from joining in and saying HI!

This is my first trip to WDW as an adult, and I cannot tell you how excited I am! I have been antsy since we booked our flights! We will be staying at AoA in a Cars Suite from November 15th to the 23rd. :thumbsup2

Let me start by introducing you to my crew... of two!

Me... The momma! I am a thirty something single mom of a precious little man! I lived in FL growing up and visited WDW many times with my parents. I was pretty young, and I have a terrible memory, so most of those trips are lost in some space time black hole or something! :lmao: In many ways, this will be just like going to Disney for the 1st time for me. I have dreamed of taking my DS to Disney, well, since he was born.

DS... He will be 5 1/2 at the time of the trip. He is scared of Scar from LK and loves all things Perry! He is the light of my life and makes every day worth living! If I can manage to learn how to insert pictures...I will include some later! :confused3 I am terrible at computer stuff!

We will be visiting WDW with another single mom friend and her three kids...ages 13, 10, and 4!

A BAD WRECK!

Let me start by telling you how we have gotten to the point of booking this dream vacation!

On Aug 29, 2011 I was in a terrible car accident on my way to work. I was hit by a car that hydroplaned across 3 lanes to get to me. :sad1: I had 5 fractured ribs, a small puncture to a lung, and a jacked up back! (No roller coasters for me... :sad2:)

My son went through a lot of trauma with me when I had my wreck. He wasn't in the car, but it impacted his life just as much as it did mine. He had to grow up and do a lot of things for himself, that he wouldn't have had to if not for the accident. He had to stop cuddling with mommy, picking up after me and him, and so many more things a 4 yr old should not have to do. I decided for us to be able to have a vacation once I was healed and able to go! He deserves this!

Saying NO to the EX!

That brings us to the EX. My DS's father thinks he is going to tag along on this little trip I have planned. :lmao: That's funny! The EX and I are still friends, but I have to insist on this being a trip for mommy and DS! I am going to close this topic now, before I become bitter and mean! ;) :snooty:

A Surprise At School!

DS has NO idea we are going to WDW! Not even a clue! I have been bursting at the seams to tell him, but I have been so good! :bitelip: The plan is to pick him up at school on the 15th with suitcase and balloons in hand! I'll tell him to hurry hurry (as I always do), because we have to leave right now to go to Disney! SURPRISE!!! He is going to be so very shocked! I can't wait to see his expression and then watch it over and over on video! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We won't arrive at MCO until after 10 pm, so that is a little sucky. Especially since we will have such an EARLY morning to make RD at MK on Friday. Good thing we are planning a break and stroller rides for the little ones! ::yes::

A Stay at AoA!

I am so excited to stay at AoA! This will be my first time to stay on site and I am totally stoked about the magic that happen! pixiedust:

We have an ADR for every day there, so we can do our main character meets without lines. The following is our ADR schedule:

16th in MK all day - CP - early so we can attend MVMCP!
17th in HS all day - MMR's Fantasmic Pkg for lunch
18th is our resort touring day :) - Breakfast at OH & Dinner at WCC
19th is our day at IoA and Harry Potter ! :upsidedow
20th in AK all day - Lunch at TH and a late dinner at HoB
21st in MC all day - Dinner at BE OUR GUEST! Props to our planner for sitting on hold for FOUR hours for this ADR! :crazy2:
22nd in EP all day - dinner at CR
23rd - we go home.... :sad::sad::sad:

SO there is the run down of our trip! I'll update with pictures as soon as I figure out this silly computer! :rotfl2:

I would love to hear how you have surprised a family member!!! Please guide me along this PTR, as I am so new to this and the DIS boards! :)

We have 61 days until our trip! I'll post updates and changes to our plans as I am sure they will happen! ;)

Thanks all!

Awesome trip planned! What a nice mommy you are!

You have some excellent ADRs!!

Awesome trip planned! What a nice mommy you are!

You have some excellent ADRs!!

Thank you! I relied on my awesome planner for the ADR's. I had NO idea what I was doing! :rotfl:

I am praying that we make all our ADR's and don't let them 'run' our vacation. :)

Thanks for joining in and saying Hi! :thumbsup2 I hope to be posting some updates soon with little surprises I have in store for DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter