A ball of nerves

4 mickey

4 MICKEY
Hi
you Disney cruise line lovers will understand
I am about 57 days out
nervous I’ll have trouble doing the online check in ( used to be so easy pre pandemic ) at midnight cannot count on DH wish will probably sleep and I am not so much into computer
nervous about doing the safe passage did I say not computer expert at all
nervous about not getting sick 😷
and nervous about doing the test when boarding …so in a nutshell a ball of nerves
in a way all this pandemic is removing a bit of the fun planning the cruise
i am on the verge of asking my daughter who’ll travel with us to do our check in ( would she be able from her house ? What info would she need ?
i guess once onboard it will be such a relief

Awe hugs. Don't stress yourself out too much. It will all work out. Just EXPECT issues with the website (I've been on 6 cruises and their website is pretty awful most of the time), maybe have a small drink with you and just refresh the screen periodically. If it isn't working by an hour I'd give up and go to bed. You WILL be able to check in and no matter what you will get on the ship.

For someone else to do it for you she would just need your DCL login information. (email and password you use to log in)

These are all reasonable feelings—it totally can be stressful! You may want to consider sleeping through the night and working on it in the morning. You’ll bypass any technical glitches that happen at midnight, and tackle the check in when you aren’t tired and when you can easily call your daughter with questions or gather any additional documents or info you need. The worst that can happen is you won’t get the very earliest port arrival time and may have to arrive at the port an hour or so later, but at the end of the day, would be a lot less stressful than navigating the system at midnight on a time crunch.

If someone does checkin for you, you need to get your selfies and passport scans to them. I do the online checkin for my daughter and grandkids. We always felt there was no reason for both of us staying up late. I have uploads of everyone’s passport and all of our selfies photos.

If someone does checkin for you, you need to get your selfies and passport scans to them. I do the online checkin for my daughter and grandkids. We always felt there was no reason for both of us staying up late. I have uploads of everyone’s passport and all of our selfies photos.

Is there any benefit for checking in at midnight? Besides getting first dibs on anything that requires reservations. Sorry newbie here!

Is there any benefit for checking in at midnight? Besides getting first dibs on anything that requires reservations. Sorry newbie here!
You get your Port arrival Time (PAT) when you check in. So if you would like an early arrival time then check in as soon as possible. Reservations for things depend on your castaway club status and your PIF dates. So as soon as you are paid in full and you hit your club status dates you can book reservations for onboard events (like Remy/Palo reservations) and your shore excursions.

yes, we want the earliest port arrival time and boarding number. We need them close to each other. On my recent cruise a week ago, they were very strict on mixed groups boarding. They would not allow you to board with family unless you all waited until the latest boarding number. We were boarding group 9 and it took 30 minutes to get to #9 once boarding began. Plus the family will be with us in our car, so we need to coordinate our PAT.

Hi
you Disney cruise line lovers will understand
I am about 57 days out
nervous I’ll have trouble doing the online check in ( used to be so easy pre pandemic ) at midnight cannot count on DH wish will probably sleep and I am not so much into computer
nervous about doing the safe passage did I say not computer expert at all
nervous about not getting sick 😷
and nervous about doing the test when boarding …so in a nutshell a ball of nerves
in a way all this pandemic is removing a bit of the fun planning the cruise
i am on the verge of asking my daughter who’ll travel with us to do our check in ( would she be able from her house ? What info would she need ?
i guess once onboard it will be such a relief
It’s going to be alright and when you are onboard, you’ll be glad you went through all this.

Why are you staying up late?

4 Mickey, I feel the same way. Our cruise is not until the end of the year and we haven't cruised since 2016 and I'm as lost as lost can be. I'm terrible with tech and Disney tech is terrible. I try to get as much information as I can on these boards and watch YouTube videos but sometimes I just get more confused.

Cruised in November for the first time ever with DCL. We had no issues at all. However, being "married" to a phone while on Disney properties or when sitting down for Signature Dining is a real turn off for us. This is not o mention Genie and LL. Ugh! We travel to have r and r. Tech is not r and r to us whether cruising or at parks. I must say we found everything about our first Disney cruise to be well organized even with testing etc. We loved the 1300 cruisers on a boat that hold 4500. This will probably never happen again.

Just want to say I completely understand and I feel very similar! We have our scheduled/rescheduled/rescheduled cruise in June and I am soo nervous that I can't get excited like I should!

My check in is not open and my cruise is April 15th. Today is March 15th should I call or will it open at midnight tonight?
Thanks!

My check in is not open and my cruise is April 15th. Today is March 15th should I call or will it open at midnight tonight?
Thanks!
It starts when your countdown drops to 29 days 23 hrs 59 minutes. And you don't call you do the check-in on the website. What does your countdown say?

There are some really good videos on Youtube, taking you through the new check-in process. Just go to Youtube & search for DCL online check-in.

Since when? I've had my pick of PATs the last two times I've sailed after checking in at about 28 days.
We did the Fantasy Feb 5-12, 2022 and I checked in right at midnight (well started at midnight). By the time I got all docs uploaded for 3 people we got boarding group 7 and port arrival of 10:45am (and I believe earliest is 10:30 or maybe even earlier?). So I suppose it depends on the cruise, but not really sure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter