A ball of nerves

We did the Fantasy Feb 5-12, 2022 and I checked in right at midnight (well started at midnight). By the time I got all docs uploaded for 3 people we got boarding group 7 and port arrival of 10:45am (and I believe earliest is 10:30 or maybe even earlier?). So I suppose it depends on the cruise, but not really sure?
Do you have any handicapped members in your party, or did you book an Accessible stateroom?

The earliest PAT is supposed to be 11:00 AM, but my mother-in-law, who was staying in an Accessible stateroom, got earlier on her last trip.

Do you have any handicapped members in your party, or did you book an Accessible stateroom?

The earliest PAT is supposed to be 11:00 AM, but my mother-in-law, who was staying in an Accessible stateroom, got earlier on her last trip.
We always have an accessible cabin and got 11:00 and boarding group 10 on one cruise and 11:45, boarding group 14 on the next. I don't think that has any effect on the PAT.

We always have an accessible cabin and got 11:00 and boarding group 10 on one cruise and 11:45, boarding group 14 on the next. I don't think that has any effect on the PAT.
@Ladyfish77 described getting a PAT before 11am, which in theory shouldn't be possible so I'm searching for an explanation of why that might have been.

Regardless of your Accessible or any other status (concierge, Castaway Club, etc.), they won't give anyone a PAT before their flight is scheduled to land, so that's a limiting factor as well. If your flight gets in at 12:30, they're not going to show you 11:00 AM PAT, even if it's available.

Nope. We were first time cruisers (staying in regular verandah room) traveling with some friends who were in concierge and we were trying to get on ship as quickly as possible since they were going to be able to board first. Currently earliest PAT is at least 10:30am at Port Canaveral (or it was for our cruise--might have been earlier)

@Ladyfish77 described getting a PAT before 11am, which in theory shouldn't be possible so I'm searching for an explanation of why that might have been.

Regardless of your Accessible or any other status (concierge, Castaway Club, etc.), they won't give anyone a PAT before their flight is scheduled to land, so that's a limiting factor as well. If your flight gets in at 12:30, they're not going to show you 11:00 AM PAT, even if it's available.
No flights involved. So her's must have been a glitch or she got very lucky.
Edit: corrected typo: "FLIGHTS" not fights..

Last edited:
No fights involved. So her's must have been a glitch or she got very lucky.
I agree--don't think this is a fight--just a discussion of PAT and why I stayed up until midnight. I read somewhere (maybe here, maybe on a FB group--can't remember) that the earliest PAT is 10:30. So I tried to get earliest one I could to get on board soon after friends. Just went back and found my PAT document to make sure I wasn't remembering incorrectly. We returned a car to rental agency and actually arrived at port around 10:15am on the rental car shuttle (I took notes as things happened). The porters asked us for our PAT but went ahead and took our bags. Attaching photo of our PAT document (well part of it) for discussion purposes.

Attachments

• PAT.jpg
    PAT.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
The earliest PAT is supposed to be 11:00 AM, but my mother-in-law, who was staying in an Accessible stateroom, got earlier on her last trip

I had a 10:30 PAT for my cruise out of PC in 2019. There may have been a period after the restart when port arrivals started later? The earliest PAT for my upcoming cruise out of San Diego is also 10:30.

I’ve never heard of a PAT being tied to having an accessible room.

I had a 10:30 PAT for my cruise out of PC in 2019. There may have been a period after the restart when port arrivals started later? The earliest PAT for my upcoming cruise out of San Diego is also 10:30.
DCL website still says 11:00 in their FAQ's, and it's not on any kind of COVID/reopening. Others are reporting pre-11 times even during COVID, so who knows?

I’ve never heard of a PAT being tied to having an accessible room.
I've never seen anything published officially, but in December I did a very last-minute sailing (booked less than 2 weeks out). Three staterooms, one accessible, and two standard verandah. The two verandah rooms showed 1:30 as the earliest PAT but the accessible room offered us a 10:45. When I called after checking in, they told us that the whole party could join with the accessible PAT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter