A Birthday, Besties, and Bubbly...with Jen and Joe on the Go!!! 9/29 Link to New Report and We're Back Again!

I will say our service at Tony's was ABSOLUTELY fabulous, our server was friendly, not pushy, and the food was also really good. It's definitely on a list for us to return to in the future, especially with so few options at MK right now and the places that are open having some more limited menus.
You know, we felt the same way at Tony's the 2 times we ate there last year. The service and food were really good.

Trying to catch up on all the vlogs - loved the review of Le Cellier and the tour of Canada - such a beautiful pavilion. My Labor Day trip is confirmed - yay! My sister is going to join me, as the kids will be back in school and hubby has to work, but I know we'll have a blast! Crossing fingers that the cases continue to decline in Florida and we don't get smacked with a hurricane :rolleyes1
Yay! I'm so happy your trip is happening!!! You must be so excited!

I love the Contemporary too...can't wait to go back. Love your updates and so glad that Gia is doing well. How fun that she will get to spend some time with you next time you are at Disney!

I love the Contemporary too...can't wait to go back. Love your updates and so glad that Gia is doing well. How fun that she will get to spend some time with you next time you are at Disney!
Hi Kathy! I am so excited to see her and spend time with her! My sister just got a room at the Contemporary so we'll be able to spend even more time together!!!

Gia looks so cute! I’m glad she is doing so well.
The Mexican family dinner is perfect. The drinks look lovely
Nice views at CR
Thanks, Caroline!
We were really impressed with our view as I booked a standard...Nice upgrade, huh!!

Lots of updates.

I'm glad you enjoyed your family dinner. We have a local Mexican place we like to celebrate at together.

Good new that Gia is doing so well and will get to visit with you and enjoy Disney.

Your CR room is just lovely! Great recap on MK. I'm worried about the crowding in FL.

Your CR room is just lovely! Great recap on MK. I'm worried about the crowding in FL.
We were so surprised when we walked into the room. The view blew our minds!
I just watched Tim Tracker's lastest vlog (from Saturday) and Universal was beyond crowded...

Our Day at Hollywood Studios...

I was really dreading this park. I'm not going to lie. Every report I read and vlog I watched viewed it as the most crowded park and the one that was hardest to social distance. Surprisingly, this was not our experience. Although, we did arrive a few hours after opening, which I personally think made a difference...

Joe and I agreed that it would be a successful park for us if we were able to ride Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Mania, and have one of those delicious Ronto Wraps. Well, we were able to ride A**, TSMM (twice), Smuggler's Run, share a Ronto Wrap, and try both kinds of milk AGAIN! Not only that but we had made reservations at Oga's and were seated smack dab in the middle of the bar with no one on either side of us. We honestly felt like VIP's. It was so nice to have so much room, have 2 drinks and still enjoy all the antics around us without the crowds that usually occupy this awesome addition to Hollywood Studios. I'm not a Star Wars fan but there's something about this place that I really like!!!

Joe also got to do something very special today. I had arranged for him to Build a Droid and he was in Heaven. He built his very own R2D2 and deemed it one of the best parts of the trip! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because I was too busy recording the whole experience while Joe built his droid...

We also had a great socially distanced interaction with the Stormtroopers.

I'm now looking forward to visiting HS again in a few weeks. Although, this time, we'd like to ride SDD. I was also able to make us reservations at Oga's again!!! Fuzzy Taun Taun, here I come. I love this drink!!! We are still planning on arriving much later than park opening and will be starting our day with lunch at HBD this time...

Next up...Dinner at The Boathouse and after dinner drinks with @CruellaNY and her other half, Steve...

7791D268-4AD7-4D2A-815B-07E9B9ECB5E6.jpegE83E98FB-3480-4B05-9523-90B2CE71C58F.jpegEB925128-B740-43D5-914E-7DB918EC2EC0.jpeg5ED8BE4F-A986-4269-95FF-466CBB9B9A34.jpegE6675660-EA87-4102-9079-DD84745D35FC.jpeg0F3C29FA-276A-461B-864A-9DF03B9F8FE2.jpegF569ACEB-726D-4935-B13B-99C84D040509.jpeg76E050E6-CC6B-453B-BB9B-1B88591FBDA6.jpeg33E07D02-1ABE-45B9-B7D1-726839BDE34E.jpegD5C864BC-DF73-42AF-AD8F-CAF7B12E5171.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like a successful day for sure. I asked DH last week if he wanted to try the milk...he said no thanks. We have yet to make it into Oga's but I think it needs to be on the list next time. So excited that you get to go back so soon...and see Gia! I love the Contemporary.

I’m so glad you had a good day at DHS, I have seen mixed reviews of very crowded to not bad at all. It does look like going a little later is a good idea.
I love all the pictures and the ronto wrap is on my list to try!

MK sounds so busy! Glad you had a successful day at HS. Great photos and awesome that Oga's was so well spaced out and you were their VIPs. Maybe they've seen your "disney drinkers" vlogs :rotfl:
So glad you got an amazing room at the CR and that your sister and Gia will also be staying there in September. Makes for more fun times together for sure.:goodvibes

Joe and I agreed that it would be a successful park for us if we were able to ride Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Mania, and have one of those delicious Ronto Wraps. Well, we were able to ride A**, TSMM (twice), Smuggler's Run, share a Ronto Wrap, and try both kinds of milk AGAIN! Not only that but we had made reservations at Oga's and were seated smack dab in the middle of the bar with no one on either side of us. We honestly felt like VIP's. It was so nice to have so much room, have 2 drinks and still enjoy all the antics around us without the crowds that usually occupy this awesome addition to Hollywood Studios. I'm not a Star Wars fan but there's something about this place that I really like!!!
Sounds like a perfect day! I am looking forward to trying Oga's next year. :)
I'm now looking forward to visiting HS again in a few weeks. Although, this time, we'd like to ride SDD. I was also able to make us reservations at Oga's again!!! Fuzzy Taun Taun, here I come. I love this drink!!! We are still planning on arriving much later than park opening and will be starting our day with lunch at HBD this time...
Lunch at HBD is awesome....love the Cobb salad. :goodvibes

I enjoyed the last two vlogs....too bad about the crowds on your MK day. Your room in the garden wing was beautiful! The only thing that would make it better would be a balcony to enjoy drinks overlooking the water. So glad to see pics of Gia looking happy and healthy! :)

Your room at the Contemporary was really nice but what was the deal with the blank pictures above the beds? The view is gorgeous and almost makes me want to stay there. ;)

I love the last HS picture that you posted, the one that is like an aerial shot. Where did you go to get that picture?

Sounds like people are ready to come back to Florida.
Now, if the people of Illinois would just get with the program and wear their darn masks. Our governor is starting to shut down counties again. Sigh.

Sounds like a successful day for sure. I asked DH last week if he wanted to try the milk...he said no thanks. We have yet to make it into Oga's but I think it needs to be on the list next time. So excited that you get to go back so soon...and see Gia! I love the Contemporary.
You totally need to get yourselves to Oga's, especially with the low crowds right now...
I cannot wait to see Gia and stay at the CR again in a few weeks!

MK sounds so busy! Glad you had a successful day at HS. Great photos and awesome that Oga's was so well spaced out and you were their VIPs. Maybe they've seen your "disney drinkers" vlogs :rotfl:
So glad you got an amazing room at the CR and that your sister and Gia will also be staying there in September. Makes for more fun times together for sure.:goodvibes
We haven't seen Gia in soooooooo long!!!☹

Lunch at HBD is awesome....love the Cobb salad. :goodvibes
OMG! I love it too and will for sure be having it next month!!!

I enjoyed the last two vlogs....too bad about the crowds on your MK day. Your room in the garden wing was beautiful! The only thing that would make it better would be a balcony to enjoy drinks overlooking the water. So glad to see pics of Gia looking happy and healthy! :)
Thank you!
I agree. I always wonder why they didn't add balconies, especially with such lovely views.

I'm glad it was a successful day at DHS!!
Me too. It was the park I was most dreading. Turns out that was MK.

I love the last HS picture that you posted, the one that is like an aerial shot. Where did you go to get that picture?
It was somewhere in SWGE and we didn't even realize it was a ZOOM shot at the time.

I’m so glad you had a good day at DHS, I have seen mixed reviews of very crowded to not bad at all. It does look like going a little later is a good idea.
I love all the pictures and the ronto wrap is on my list to try!
We intend to arrive late to all the parks in September. There's no reason for us to get there early and stand in a swarm during a pandemic. No thank you.

Wow! What a pleasantly surprising experience at DHS! :thumbsup2 I, too, love the Fuzzy Taun Taun. ;) I'm in major Disney blues mode so I love that I can live vicariously through you right now :goodvibes
I know, right! I was expecting the worst.
I think you need to plan a trip Tracy!!!!!!😁

Surprisingly, this was not our experience. Although, we did arrive a few hours after opening, which I personally think made a difference...
I'm super jealous of your experience at DHS! On our July trip, we only had one DHS day, and I was really trying to be sure we'd get a BG for RoTR, so we were there an hour before opening. I was happy to get to ride MMRR first thing, but we weren't able to get BGs at 10 or for the 1 release either. Such a bummer! We found it insanely crowded until we were totally done for the day. On our way out, things seemed pretty dead! I definitely heard after the fact that it was best to come in a few hours after opening instead.

39A7DCDD-9A38-4419-B5D4-681753D3DD67.jpeg
I really wanted to do this pic, but my Mom and Aunt kept walking LOL I think it's too cool!!!!

Next up...Dinner at The Boathouse and after dinner drinks with @CruellaNY and her other half, Steve...
Otherwise known as "the one where I find my new favorite wine" lol
I'm in major Disney blues mode so I love that I can live vicariously through you right now :goodvibes
Aw, you need to book another trip soon!
Now, if the people of Illinois would just get with the program and wear their darn masks. Our governor is starting to shut down counties again. Sigh.
What? You didn't tell me that yesterday 🙄 But I did hear your #'s are going up and Illinois is now on the NY travel ban list so.....ugh I hope it gets better out there!

I go back to work and fall five pages behind on your trip report! I think I'm up to date with your youtube channel and now all caught up her.

First, tell Ashley I was thinking about her last night watching Lucas Giolito pitch his no hitter. What an exciting night!

That fruit and yogurt plate at GF Cafe looks like a perfect vacation breakfast when you've been indulging the rest of the day. And that tile is adorable!

Thanks for the Gia update. Such a cutie!

I love that photo in SWGE that looks like an aerial shot! Very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter