A blasphemous day away from Disney

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
We'll be at the DLR for 6 glorious nights. We're planning on 5 park days. The 6th day was going to be the beach but we'll have two full beach days before arriving at the DLR.

Knott's is offering firefighters and one guest free admission and then $30 for each additional guest. It's really a great deal.

I haven't been to Knott's in 25 years and my kids have never been. Is it worth it? Any insights into Knott's Merry Farm? We're a party of 2 adults and 3 teenagers.

:thanks:

We go to Knotts every year during the LE/FF discount promotion. In the past the deal was 3 people in free per badge instead of one but its its still a great deal. Its 15 dollars to park but the parking is much easier than Disney. And the food at Knotts is fantastic. Especially the restaurant up front. The have a lot of rides for kids and adults. I highly recommend a day at knotts with the LE/FF discount.

We go to Knotts every year during the LE/FF discount promotion. In the past the deal was 3 people in free per badge instead of one but its its still a great deal. Its 15 dollars to park but the parking is much easier than Disney. And the food at Knotts is fantastic. Especially the restaurant up front. The have a lot of rides for kids and adults. I highly recommend a day at knotts with the LE/FF discount.

I agree about the food. :thumbsup2 I haven't been in the park in 25 years but do order Mrs. Knott's fried chicken to go on our trips to So Cal. It's amazing. Do they still have funnel cake? Brings back amazing childhood memories. And boysenberry punch. YUM!

Okay, so $15 for parking? Not great but not terrible either.

I was just looking online at rides and it seems there are quite a few coasters which we enjoy.

What about holiday theming? Do they go all out?

I agree about the food. :thumbsup2 I haven't been in the park in 25 years but do order Mrs. Knott's fried chicken to go on our trips to So Cal. It's amazing. Do they still have funnel cake? Brings back amazing childhood memories. And boysenberry punch. YUM!

Okay, so $15 for parking? Not great but not terrible either.

I was just looking online at rides and it seems there are quite a few coasters which we enjoy.

What about holiday theming? Do they go all out?

They have some awesome roller coasters. The silver bullet and excellerator are very intense. Lots of other coasters as well. You will LOVE Knotts if you like coasters. Wait times there during the holidays tend to be much lower than DL.

I don't really remember about the christmas theming. In the past the promotion went half way through January and we would always go at the end of the promo. They go CRAZY at halloween so I imagine they at least do something decent for christmas. Snoopy is their main theme there as well as a western theme. And the restaurant in front of the theme park is really good. Its worth the wait in the line.

Go to youtube and google knotts and you can get a 1st seat view of all of Knotts coasters in high def. :thumbsup2

When is the discount period and how do you get it? Do you just show the badge upon arrival? Thanks this could be worth a visit!

Since you have teens I'd say it's worth going. We went with 4 kids under 6 (2 mine and 2 bff's). they loved it because we did it the first day. But in actuality there wasn't all that much they could do. It was fun, but they were too small for much of the park. With bigger kids who can do the roller coasters and stuff it's much more worthwhile

Boysenberry funnel cake is still available and delicious other than that I would eat outside the park. Knott's is a blast. One of the best days of our trip last month.

Knott's is a great park. Well worth even the full price if admission. If you go during the week, most rides will be walk-on. They've recently done major refurbishments to the log ride and the mine ride. Both are fabulous. Also, Ghost rider is one of the best, most intense wooden roller coasters around.

The holiday season at Knott's is wonderful. You'll see some nice decor all around. They also have a Christmas craft fair during the season.

Moving this to our So Cal theme park board.

It's going to be crowded, but I say go for it. I still really like Knotts. :)

When is the discount period and how do you get it? Do you just show the badge upon arrival? Thanks this could be worth a visit!

Its starts on November 22nd and goes to January 31st. You have to show your badge and job photo ID. They sent out an email at work with all of the rules/details. If anyone is interested just let me know and I can post the info here.

Thank you that would be great! We are going to So. Cal. for DH to go to a law enforcement conference the first week of December so this could be perfect timing. I haven't looked into Knott's, will they have a calendar of events up yet for Dec? Do they do any weeknight entertainment?

Thank you that would be great! We are going to So. Cal. for DH to go to a law enforcement conference the first week of December so this could be perfect timing. I haven't looked into Knott's, will they have a calendar of events up yet for Dec? Do they do any weeknight entertainment?

Here is the email they sent us at work.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Leidy Arévalo (714) 220-5131
KNOTT’S FIRE & POLICE PERSONNEL RECOGNITION DAYS TO HONOR ALL THOSE WHO PROTECT OUR COMMUNITY

Fire and Police Personnel and One Guest
Get in FREE November 22, 2014 Through January 31, 2015

BUENA PARK, Calif. – As a thank you to all the men and women who assist in protecting life and property, Knott’s Berry Farm Theme Park is proud to offer Fire and Police Recognition Days. Starting November 22 through January 31, 2015, Knott’s will once again extend free Park admission to all active fire and police personnel and one guest. From November 22, 2014 - January 4, 2015 up to six additional tickets can be purchased for only $29 each. January 5-31 up to six additional tickets can be purchased for only $24 each.

“The men and women who serve as fire officials and law enforcement officers put their lives on the line every day for our community,” said Raffi Kaprelyan, Knott’s Berry Farm General Manager. “It is the dedication of these professionals that make our communities a safe place to live and work.”

To participate, active fire and police personnel must present valid fire or law enforcement photo ID at Knott’s Main Gate November 22 through January 31, 2015. Fire or police personnel absolutely must be present. Fire and law enforcement badges and identification cards are acceptable only if accompanied by photo ID. As all IDs must reference specific fire or law enforcement duty, government-only IDs will not be accepted.

Under promotional rules, Knott’s will admit sworn officers, civilian employees and support staff from all city and county fire and law enforcement organizations, plus the following: California Highway Patrol (CHP); County Sheriff; District Attorney; U.S. Forest Service, California Department of Forestry and other wild land fire organizations; correctional facilities (prisons); U.S. Marshals; ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms); the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); Immigration Naturalization Service (INS); Homeland Security which includes: United States Border Patrol, Citizenship & Immigration, Immigration Customs Enforcement, Secret Service, FEMA,TSA; ambulance company EMTs; and reserve or volunteer fire and law enforcement members with valid ID. Please note that only individuals with proper photo ID specifically referencing fire or law enforcement duty will be accepted.

The following organizations are not covered by the promotion: retired fire and law enforcement employees; U.S. Armed Forces, including all U.S. veterans; private law firms; reserve or volunteer fire and law enforcement members without valid ID; American Red Cross; California Conservation Corps.; private security firms; and all employees with government-only IDs or without specific fire or law enforcement IDs.

For more information on Knott's Berry Farm including Park hours, please call Knott’s Information at (714) 220-5200, visit us online at www.knotts.com<http://www.knotts.com> or download the Knott’s Berry Farm mobile app for your smartphone.

Thank you so much!! Do you need a separate ticket for the Christmas activities at night or is that included with the ticket?

It's totally worth going, especially after they've put so much effort into revamping the park over the past couple of years. If you can somehow plan to go on a Sunday, there's a Snoopy holiday-themed brunch buffet at Mrs. Knotts' restaurant. You get all the foods Knott's is famous for (well, except for the funnel cake ;) ) plus breakfast foods, a dessert table, and champagne. It's a must-do every year for me. There are cute decorations throughout the park (not on as grand a scale as at Disney, but still worth experiencing) and a Snoopy ice skating show that's a must-see, IMO.

Have fun on your trip!

They have some awesome roller coasters. The silver bullet and excellerator are very intense. Lots of other coasters as well. You will LOVE Knotts if you like coasters. Wait times there during the holidays tend to be much lower than DL.

I don't really remember about the christmas theming. In the past the promotion went half way through January and we would always go at the end of the promo. They go CRAZY at halloween so I imagine they at least do something decent for christmas. Snoopy is their main theme there as well as a western theme. And the restaurant in front of the theme park is really good. Its worth the wait in the line.

Go to youtube and google knotts and you can get a 1st seat view of all of Knotts coasters in high def. :thumbsup2

Great idea to Youtube, thank you! I loved Knott's a kid. It'll be fun to share that with my kids.

Since you have teens I'd say it's worth going. We went with 4 kids under 6 (2 mine and 2 bff's). they loved it because we did it the first day. But in actuality there wasn't all that much they could do. It was fun, but they were too small for much of the park. With bigger kids who can do the roller coasters and stuff it's much more worthwhile

Excellent, thank you! All teens here so that's a bonus. :thumbsup2

Boysenberry funnel cake is still available and delicious other than that I would eat outside the park. Knott's is a blast. One of the best days of our trip last month.

So good to hear. DH really wants to use his discount and can't say that I blame him; it's a screaming deal. I loved their funnel cake. :lovestruc

Knott's is a great park. Well worth even the full price if admission. If you go during the week, most rides will be walk-on. They've recently done major refurbishments to the log ride and the mine ride. Both are fabulous. Also, Ghost rider is one of the best, most intense wooden roller coasters around.

The holiday season at Knott's is wonderful. You'll see some nice decor all around. They also have a Christmas craft fair during the season.

I did read somewhere about the mine ride getting a refurb. Ghost Rider sounds great!

I did a mini-review when we took our teens a couple summers ago. I think it's a great day for that price, especially if it's something new for most everyone.

The review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962559&highlight=phxscuba+knott

PHXscuba

:thanks: Going to read it right now.

It's totally worth going, especially after they've put so much effort into revamping the park over the past couple of years. If you can somehow plan to go on a Sunday, there's a Snoopy holiday-themed brunch buffet at Mrs. Knotts' restaurant. You get all the foods Knott's is famous for (well, except for the funnel cake ;) ) plus breakfast foods, a dessert table, and champagne. It's a must-do every year for me. There are cute decorations throughout the park (not on as grand a scale as at Disney, but still worth experiencing) and a Snoopy ice skating show that's a must-see, IMO.

Have fun on your trip!

Yum, that brunch sounds wonderful. I did the non-holiday champagne brunch there about 10 years ago. They are nice and generous with the champagne. Unfortunately we'll be there on a Friday, not Sunday. Sunday will be the last full day of the trip so I have to spend it at Disneyland or I may internally combust. LOL!

Have fun on your trip!

We are considering a Knott's holiday visit too. All of these posts are getting me really enthused. We are trying to decide between a weekday and weekend visit. Food options don't factor in to this for us, but entertainment does. Is the Snoopy ice show offered on weekdays too or just weekends? How about other holiday entertainment?

rentayenta: Hahahaha, YES, they are generous with their champagne at the brunch :rotfl: Even if you don't get to do the holiday brunch, I'm sure that you'll have lots of fun at Merry Farm anyhow (it's pretty much impossible not to!)

longtimedisneylurker: I'm not sure if the ice show happens during the week, as I always go to Merry Farm on a weekend & was not able to find any info about performance dates on the Knott's website as of yet. They also have a holiday-themed train ride with Wild-West-era costumed carolers aboard the train, a tree lighting on the Ghost Town stage, and this year there will be "snow" (read: bubbles...but SNOWY bubbles ;) ...like at Disneyland) in Ghost Town.

I wouldn't pay full price but certainly worth it at discounted prices.

BTW, no need to think it's blasphemous to go to Knott's. DLR does not try to monopolize your vacation the way WDW does, so it's pretty much expected that you will visit other destinations on your trip. Calling non-Disney places "evil" is WDW fan thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter