• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ A Celebration of Life-long friendship ~~ Sew Sweet 16 ~~ Now N' Thens 3/11

Have a good day at Target. We're under a winter weather advisory today, too. We're supposed to get more snow about the time I get off. work. I'm tired of winter already and it's no here yet.
My daughter and I wen to the outlets in PA. yesterday to do some Christmas shopping. We did get something for my niece and mom. There wasn't even any snow on the ground there. We have about 18 inches here. I wanted to get some brown boots but couldn't find any in my size.
Liz

I agree - I am so sick of it already... I usually tolerate it pretty well up until Christmas, but I am having a hard time this year.

I hope you have better luck finding brown boots... I love the ones I bought at Maurices - not sure if you have that store near you?

Have a great day at Target and safe travels. Had to laugh at the visual of Josh in Victoria's Secret!!

Thanks - I did.

LOL - Yah the girls thought it was pretty funny too.

Have a great day at Target. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad.

Thanks - I did.

Glad I was able to make time to get caught up with you this morning.

The Elsa bag is great!

What kind of toys caught your dad's eye when you were out Christmas shopping? I definitely think he needs something fun under his Christmas tree this year :thumbsup2 What restaurants are convenient to him that he enjoys, other than Red Lobster? It brought a smile to my face to read that you were able to help him save some Christmas money this year - you are such a blessing to your dad in so many ways, big and small.

Just a quick update on my food and exercise. Disney was Disney - no real exercise other than all the walking and I pretty much ate what I wanted to eat. We got home Friday around lunch time. Since then, I've made it to 2 yoga classes and I'm hoping to go to yoga again tonight and Wednesday night. I did run through the drive thru for breakfast this morning, but there were some extenuating circumstances that I can't use as an excuse after today, so, hopefully, outside of this morning I will have another fast food free week.

Hope you have a great day today! Can't wait to see the bag you are working on this week)

Yay!!! Welcome home! I loved following your trip on FB! I hope you had a great time!

Hahaha... Any toys were catching his eye... He is just a big kid. He loves remote control stuff - but I think he just likes to buy it. :confused3 I've never actually seen him play with any of it.

I saw the picture of your dad before reading and thought HOLY COW IT'S SANTA! He is just that adorable!!! Glad you got some shopping done with him!
He is just soo cute. and with him being Santa i can see how toys would be on top of his list..

Glad you had a good weekend!

Where's the update?

LOL - we did have fun, for sure!

Working on the update... Sigh...

Your Dad looks like such a sweet man! I'm glad that you are able to spend time with him!

Ouch! I hope Alli's burn isn't too bad. First she gets sick, then gets burnt... What kind of luck is that!?!?! Tell her I hope she feels better soon!

I love PINK stuff! Now, if some of there stuff wasn't just so expensive, then that would be great! LOL

We got snow throughout the weekend. I love the snow, just don't love the freezing cold!

Hope you all get home safe and sound.

Yah - it's awesome that I get to spend time with him like that.

Alli's burn is better, she was back at work last night. I am not sure if it even blistered?

I know - I love PINK too!!! I wear their boyfriend sweats all the time these days - and I love that I can wear them in a size small... but they run huge. I also think they are flattering, so that helps.

I don't mind the snow so much either, but you are right - I hate the cold!

Thanks - we did.

WHAT!?!?! NO UPDATE!?!?!?!

This is unacceptable!!!!

Hahahaha! Just kidding! Hope all is well today!

I know - I know - yesterday just got away from me. Sorry about that. :lovestruc

I so want to meet your Dad! Next time we come out there, we are taking a trip up. I keep watching the weather and I feel so bad for my friends out in the Midwest! It has been cold here, but we haven't had a ton of snow. I just feel bad for you all!
And I must tell you, after your sweater dress pictures....I went to Kohls and bought two. They actually look decent on me too

OK - you've got it... He is a sweetheart. :lovestruc

Yay!!!! I love them too! I only have the one, but I've been eyeing others for Christmas. I can't wait to see pics of you wear them - and I bet they are perfect for work!

Got all caught up and I'm joining in now! Can't wait to read more!

Yay!!! Welcome! Super happy to have you here!

Phew... Sorry about the lack of an update yesterday, the day just got away from me...

Sad to say, today might be the same way? Grrrr....

Because Alli missed 3 days of school yesterday, I've had to drive her into town every morning so she can do make-ups on her tests. I have to drive her in today, as well, and pick her up. It makes for really short days for me.

This week is my "easy week" for working out... Rather than doing my 30 Day Shred on my off weight lifting days, I am doing my Walk Away the Pounds DVDs... I"ll probably do some ab work as well today, I feel like I am losing strength there.

I am working on my next custom order... I was able to get it all cut out and quilted yesterday. Today I will be working on the applique... It will be an all day job, and possibly more... We'll see. :wizard:

I really want to get an update done. I am hoping to do that this morning - even if it's just a small one, so I can finish off day 3. :thumbsup2

Allison is feeling better - still has a bit of a cough though. Her burn seems to be doing well - I don't think it ever blistered.

I hope you all have an amazing day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

When I last left you all - a good friend had just texted and wanted to meet up with us...

You all know him... He is our beloved Santos! He had FPs for the girls to ride ToT and RnR again. So we split up - the girls went off with him and his CM friend Rachel, and bff and I went in search of water and shade.

wd006wdw2014234112126436_7045476195_18.jpeg

wd007wdw2014234112140656_7045476353_18.jpeg

After their rides, we all met up for a few Photopass pictures...

wd014wdw2014234112157769_7043452859_18.jpeg

wd006wdw2014234112157813_7043458464_18.jpeg

After the rides Santos left the park... We had our dinner ADRs at 50's PT anyways...

After our less than stellar experience at 50's on our March 2012 trip, we decided not to ask for anything and just pretend we'd never been there before. We ended up with a great server - I didn't write down her name, and I wish I would have... but she was fanstastic, and picked on us lots - especially for having our "walkie talkies" out at the dinner table...

20140822_171423_3.jpg

20140822_172012_3.jpg

I didn't write down everything we ordered... but I know I ordered the chicken, with a PB&J malt with the brownie sundae for dessert... :rolleyes1 I knew I was going to order this exact meal as soon as I booked the trip.

I do know that Victoria ordered a strawberry malt to drink and a PB&J malt for dessert... LOL

A few food pics... IMO - the food here is good, especially the chicken - but man O' man, these two items here - whoa!!! You cannot get these anywhere else! YUMMY!

20140822_174129_3.jpg

20140822_182318_3.jpg

Our server had issues with Victoria not eating her veggies - so she fed her... And in finding these pictures - I notice that our "Aunt" had her own "Walkie-Talkie" lit up in her pocket... Hmmm... :rolleyes1

10609293_10204441218976251_2085011619_n.jpg

10613837_10204441218776246_2097161005_n.jpg

10634371_10204441219656268_1188614476_n.jpg

And then she made us clear the table and take all of our dishes back to the kitchen... That was hilarious! The entire restaurant was laughing at us. OK - so looking at the pictures, I guess the entire restaurant wasn't laughing at us? But it was super funny - and we were certainly laughing at ourselves.

10634334_10204441308578491_2066972150_n.jpg

10622382_10204441274777646_1532634020_n.jpg

10617791_10204441274297634_1644503821_n.jpg

Our beloved 50's Prime Time is back on the favorites and "Must-Do" list again. :woohoo:

We settled our bill, and paid our server a HUGE tip...

When we walked out of 50's, it was pouring rain/thunder/lightening...

It's poncho time - thankfully, we all had them with us.

10563664_10204441375540165_934836511_o.jpg

10586976_10204441349219507_1901333800_o.jpg

So, we ran through the rain to the bus stop, hopped a bus back to FQ...

10620989_10204441456182181_1811943660_n.jpg

Alli, V, O, and BFF played Cards Against Humanity...

I updated my trip journal, and got ready for our early morning the next day.

I fell asleep - not sure when everyone else did? I know they were still playing in the other room when I went to bed.

Link to Day 4 Part 1

D~

Hey lookie that! an amazing update!

OMG Santos is a RIOT!!!! I adore all his pictures with you guys!! The TOT people behind the girls is a damn riot too.. i wanna do that pose!!!!
His friend on RnR had me :rotfl2:

I LOVE LOVE FUN pictures like this!!!

:cheer2: for getting your beloved 50's back! OMG i would have died having to clean up the kitchen! I would have broken every dish from laughing so hard!!!
I might have to try this place.. But still don't think i could drink a PB&J shake... :crazy2: just does NOT sound appetizing!!!

ahh! Another me falling to the floor laughing at V and her veggies!!! You make 50's sound like the best place on the planet!!!

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn ::popcorn:: popcorn::

When I last left you all - a good friend had just texted and wanted to meet up with us...

You all know him... He is our beloved Santos! He had FPs for the girls to ride ToT and RnR again.

After their rides, we all met up for a few Photopass pictures...
After the rides Santos left the park... We had our dinner ADRs at 50's PT anyways...

And then she made us clear the table and take all of our dishes back to the kitchen... That was hilarious! The entire restaurant was laughing at us.

Our beloved 50's Prime Time is back on the favorites and "Must-Do" list again. :woohoo:

D~

I love the PP picture with all of you making faces. Santos' pose is the best. :thumbsup2

We avoid this place even though the food is good because we don't like the antics. But it looks like lots of fun.

I am still bummed we didn't get to meet Santos in October! :sad2: I looked for him every day but never did see him. Pretty cool though that he came and did some rides with you guys.

Yay for a good meal at 50s! The experience there really does rely on the server you get. And there is nothing wrong with double dessert when you are on vacation. :thumbsup2

We ate at 50's prime time our last trip, and the waiter didn't do any of the fun stuff :(. Glad you had a great waitress.

Looks like I am going to have to put my foot down and demand we do 50's on our next trip instead of Mama Melrose. We love them both, but Mama Melrose has won out the last several trips, it's time to change back.

Hope you have a great day! Can't wait to see what you are cooking up in your sewing room! Hope you are enjoying working on it!

:thumbsup2 Another AWESOME update! Loved reading more about the trip and the photos were GREAT!!

So glad 50s PT didn't disappoint. Our last trip there we also had very few antics. I LOVED that they made you take the dishes back to the kitchen. That. Is. FANTASTIC!

Honestly I'd love to drop Mama Melrose from our ADRs next week but my MIL really LOVES this place so I'm keeping it for her. She may end up going without us though, and just taking the rest of the family. There really isn't anyting on that menu that really WOWs me but she loves it...and she's 3/4 Italian and my FIL is full Italian!

Such a great time with Santos! The ride and group photos are so good!

We enjoy 50s Prime Time. Last time we went, when my daughter asked for a drink refill, the waiter came back with her drink and threw a handful of straws on the table in front of her. He then gave her a park map with all the rest room locations circled! I forget what the note he wrote on it said. He was great! My daughter is very shy and is not comfortable interacting with people she doesn’t know (she was 16 at the time) but he did just the right amount of teasing; very brief with no response required, and then let us enjoy our meal.

Most of the wait staff can read a family well to know whether or not the teasing would be welcome and how much. I used to hesitate to eat at Prime Time but we’ve had good experiences so far. Next time, V will know to eat her veggies!

Fun update, D. How cool that Santos hooked up with you guys at the Studios and got FP for the girls and they rode the two rides with Santos. Great photopass pictures with your favorite guy.

I'm glad you had a better experience this time at 50's Prime Time. We had a great CM two years ago, but the food left a lot to be desired and we won't be going back for food (but we will be going back to the Tune In Lounge for adult beverages).

The pictures of V getting fed her veggies are hysterical.

Sounds like a great way to end day 3 at WDW. How great that you got so good service at the 50's.

Wow! I just love that you've befriended a CM and have such and awesome relationship with him that he meets you to ride rides!!! How friggin cool!!!

So glad you had a good experience at 50s!! Taking your dishes to the kitchen?!???!! That's the first time I've heard that one! What fun!! Their chicken is soooo yummy! I miss it. :( I'm hungry...

Your dad is just too cute! He definitely could pass for Santa. Nice that you got to spend some time with him.
Alli is just not having any luck. Glad her burn wasn't serious.
So excited to see an update. We loved the 50's PT. The server can definitely make it great. It is on our list for our next trip. How nice that Santos met you for the day. Looks like you had a great time with him that day.
I've been sick in bed for two days. It has been awful. The doctor said it's just viral. Tonight I am finally feeling better.
Have a great day!

Awww, I love Santos and I haven't even met him! Yet....
Glad one of your old favorites was back to its normal antics :) I still haven't tried 50s....just doesn't appeal to me. Either food or the antics. But I'm glad it was better for you this time!

Hey lookie that! an amazing update!

OMG Santos is a RIOT!!!! I adore all his pictures with you guys!! The TOT people behind the girls is a damn riot too.. i wanna do that pose!!!!
His friend on RnR had me

I LOVE LOVE FUN pictures like this!!!

for getting your beloved 50's back! OMG i would have died having to clean up the kitchen! I would have broken every dish from laughing so hard!!!
I might have to try this place.. But still don't think i could drink a PB&J shake. just does NOT sound appetizing!!!

ahh! Another me falling to the floor laughing at V and her veggies!!! You make 50's sound like the best place on the planet!!!

Yes - we are so lucky to have Santos in our lives - he is just an amazing person, with an amazing story... We love him and we are so happy that we get to stay in daily contact on FB.

This was, by far, our best ever experience at 50's... Our server was awesome!

I love the PP picture with all of you making faces. Santos' pose is the best.

We avoid this place even though the food is good because we don't like the antics. But it looks like lots of fun.

Hehehe... Yah - he does the best poses. No competition there. ::yes::

And that's what we love about it... and the PB&J Malt... Life is not complete with out that.

I am still bummed we didn't get to meet Santos in October! I looked for him every day but never did see him. Pretty cool though that he came and did some rides with you guys.

Yay for a good meal at 50s! The experience there really does rely on the server you get. And there is nothing wrong with double dessert when you are on vacation.

I was bummed too! He is such an amazing person! Yah - it was super fun that he came and met up with us - he tried on other days too, but it didn't work out. We all love him - so it was great to spend some of our day with him.

It does - and for once, we got lucky... It seemed like most of the servers were "on" that night. I wonder if it's because we normally go there for lunch -and this time we went for dinner?

Yes... Double dessert... Mmmmmm.... Let me tell you - I now have an obsession with peanut butter in my malts - I've found a restaurant around here (Burger Jones - the one Josh and I went to last weekend) and they have the "Elvis Malt" which is peanut butter, banana and bacon... I just order it with out the bacon... It's not my PB&J malt, but it really curbs my craving for it.

We ate at 50's prime time our last trip, and the waiter didn't do any of the fun stuff . Glad you had a great waitress.

That is such a bummer - because 50's should be that way, that's what's fun about it. The atmosphere is cool too and the food is good, but the server is very important.

Looks like I am going to have to put my foot down and demand we do 50's on our next trip instead of Mama Melrose. We love them both, but Mama Melrose has won out the last several trips, it's time to change back.

Hope you have a great day! Can't wait to see what you are cooking up in your sewing room! Hope you are enjoying working on it!

You should... It's a fun place to eat. The server and atmosphere can be awesome - but IMO - it's the PB&J malt that makes the meal. :wizard:

I am enjoying it immensely! It's a big project - but I am loving the fabrics - so that makes it even more fun!

Another AWESOME update! Loved reading more about the trip and the photos were GREAT!!

So glad 50s PT didn't disappoint. Our last trip there we also had very few antics. I LOVED that they made you take the dishes back to the kitchen. That. Is. FANTASTIC!

Honestly I'd love to drop Mama Melrose from our ADRs next week but my MIL really LOVES this place so I'm keeping it for her. She may end up going without us though, and just taking the rest of the family. There really isn't anyting on that menu that really WOWs me but she loves it...and she's 3/4 Italian and my FIL is full Italian!

Thanks! Yah - I was relieved that we had a great meal there, especially since BFF had never been there before. I don't think it could have gotten much better. Yah - we were a little confused when we had to take the food back to the kitchen... and we had to trapse all through the restaurant with our dirty dishes... people were pointing and laughing - it was GREAT fun! I can see where it would make some people uncomfortable - but not us - we hammed it up. ::yes::

I hope you have a great time at MM! We have never eaten there, I've heard good and bad things about it.

Such a great time with Santos! The ride and group photos are so good!

We enjoy 50s Prime Time. Last time we went, when my daughter asked for a drink refill, the waiter came back with her drink and threw a handful of straws on the table in front of her. He then gave her a park map with all the rest room locations circled! I forget what the note he wrote on it said. He was great! My daughter is very shy and is not comfortable interacting with people she doesn’t know (she was 16 at the time) but he did just the right amount of teasing; very brief with no response required, and then let us enjoy our meal.

Most of the wait staff can read a family well to know whether or not the teasing would be welcome and how much. I used to hesitate to eat at Prime Time but we’ve had good experiences so far. Next time, V will know to eat her veggies!

Thanks! We had so much fun with him! I love going to Disney and seeing all of the friends we have made - it's really like going "home"... And having Santos there, well - that made it extra special for us.

LOL! I loved your 50's experience! That is awesome! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Hehehe... I don't think V will ever eat her veggies.... :crazy2:

Fun update, D. How cool that Santos hooked up with you guys at the Studios and got FP for the girls and they rode the two rides with Santos. Great photopass pictures with your favorite guy.

I'm glad you had a better experience this time at 50's Prime Time. We had a great CM two years ago, but the food left a lot to be desired and we won't be going back for food (but we will be going back to the Tune In Lounge for adult beverages).

The pictures of V getting fed her veggies are hysterical.

Yes! It was so sweet of him to do that. The only reason they got to ride 2 rides, is because BFF and I bowed out - otherwise they would have only been able to do one with him. So, that was cool.

Yes - I was super happy to have him included on our Photopass pictures.

Bummer that your food at 50's was less than stellar... I've never had a bad meal there - I've ordered things that I don't like, but now that I have my "perfect meal" there - well, I am pretty sure it will be a "must do" from now on.

Yah - I just wish I would have gotten the server's name tag in there, so I would have remembered her name - she was wonderful.

Sounds like a great way to end day 3 at WDW. How great that you got so good service at the 50's.

It was a great day!!! So much fun stuff and I got to reunite with so many of my bags! It really was perfect!

Looks like fun! Can't wait to finish reading it!

Yay!!! Welcome! I am so happy to have you here and following along! I hope you enjoy the rest of my TR.

Wow! I just love that you've befriended a CM and have such and awesome relationship with him that he meets you to ride rides!!! How friggin cool!!!

So glad you had a good experience at 50s!! Taking your dishes to the kitchen?!???!! That's the first time I've heard that one! What fun!! Their chicken is soooo yummy! I miss it. I'm hungry...

Yes, we love Santos! I believe part of it is that we are FB friends - so we follow eachother's lives pretty closely... He is a sweetheart, and we are so lucky to have him in our lives! It makes me wonder how many other CMs are out there that we haven't met yet?

Hehehe... Yah - I've never heard that one either - it was pretty awesome! Of course, we all hammed up - it was great fun!

Your dad is just too cute! He definitely could pass for Santa. Nice that you got to spend some time with him.
Alli is just not having any luck. Glad her burn wasn't serious.
So excited to see an update. We loved the 50's PT. The server can definitely make it great. It is on our list for our next trip. How nice that Santos met you for the day. Looks like you had a great time with him that day.
I've been sick in bed for two days. It has been awful. The doctor said it's just viral. Tonight I am finally feeling better.
Have a great day!

Thanks Lynee! I sure hope you are feeling better soon. If it's that virus that's going around here - it's nothing fun. (((Hugs)))

Glad to hear you are doing 50's on your next trip, such a fun place!

Yes - we were so surprised that he wanted to meet up with us, it was awesome! We had so much fun with him!

I had a good day yesterday...

I did my WATP and ab routine right after I got home from dropping the girls at school.

Then I went straight up to my sewing room... And appliqued all day. Sadly - I am still not done, but almost... I should be able to get this bag mostly done today, then it's on to the accessories tomorrow and over the weekend.

Victoria has an appointment this afternoon, so I do have to make a trip to town, which will cut a few hours out of my day - sadly.

Gus is picking Alli up from school this afternoon, and they are hanging out here tonight. They are so cute together - it makes my heart melt. :lovestruc

Otherwise... It will be another boring day at my house. :surfweb:

Have a wonderful day everyone! Prayers and pixie dust to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

I generally lurk, but I had to share a Prime Time memory similar to yours. It is probably the best interaction we've had there, and over the years we've eaten there almost every trip.

My daughter, now 23, has always been consumed with what people think. Which is the bane of my existence because I don't give a hoot what anybody thinks. :thumbsup2 Anyway, many years ago at this point, we were eating at PTC. I'm assuming she was pre-teen, because she must have gotten chicken fingers or nuggets, and when the food arrived she asked for ranch dressing. Our "aunt", without skipping a beat, launched into a very motherly spiel - "Well go back there and get it yourself - you know where it is! What do you think this is, a restaurant?" :lmao: and walked Grace Ellen back to the kitchen to get her ranch dressing. We were DYING laughing. We are a family that kids constantly, so Gracie could see the humor but at the same time was horrified that she was called out. :laughing:

Sorry this bag is working you to death, but I'm glad you are enjoying the work. I really appreciate it!

We love 50's and Mama Melrose, but my mom is a bigger fan of Mama Melrose so we usually end up there, but I think I'm going to put my foot down on our next trip - whenever that may be. I am not a fan of PB&J sandwiches so I don't think I'd enjoy the malt but I am in love with the meatloaf, it's enough of an incentive for me.

I went to yoga last night - that's 4 times since we got back from Disney on Friday! Not doing so good with the eeating this week, with DH just starting his new job on Monday, we are still finding our new evening routine. This translates to me having eaten out 3 times this week - but hopefully we are moving in the right direction.

I am glad you like Gus and that you like Gus and Alli together. :goodvibes I am Facebook friends with my high school boyfriend's mom - we liked each other so much we've stayed in contact.

Hope you have a great day! Don't work too hard ;)

I just wanted to say have a great weekend, D, as I don't know how much I'll get on here (kids are coming to town on Saturday and we have two weddings and shopping to do).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter