A Charlie Brown Christmas Fact Check: Aluminum Christmas Trees

We had an aluminum tree with the color wheel! I was born in 1951. My mother thought she was very cool and trendy. Ha!

I was born in 1951 also and we had the aluminum tree & color wheel also. We lived in a rural area with lots of real trees available but we used the aluminum one for years.

I was born in 79 so never had an aluminum tree growing up, but I love Christmas trees and collect them. Now I actually own two silver aluminum trees and 1 color wheel.

Our tree stand revolved and played "Silent Night," and we had the color wheel lamp set up in the corner, because of course you couldn't have wired electrical lights on an aluminum tree (much less one that revolved, LOL)

You can get prelite revolving trees.

My aunt bought one in the late 70's. I guess she couldn't find a color wheel, because she used regular Christmas lights on it :scared: Thank heavens nothing bad happened.

Born in 72. We had one. I'm pretty sure it was a hand-me-down from my dad's parents though. In fact, it was the exact same one as RedAngie shared. I remember the box. We had the color wheel also: red, blue, yellow, green. No lights on the tree, just ornaments.
The silver tree was in the living room picture window. We also had a real tree in the basement. I never thought it looked out of place. I loved that silver tree and the colors from the wheel. I remember laying on the floor and watching the patterns it created on the ceiling. I've been pricing them on amazon and ebay for a couple years now, and they are not cheap if you want a good one in working condition.

Yes we did!! It was a small one and didn't have the rotating light thing. My favorite tree ever!! We we would put it together, my sister and I would pretend the branches were trumpets. I would love to have one now. I love all things vintageretro Christmas!!

We have one; it belonged to DH's grandmother, so the 50s is about right. We put it up every year until our kids were old enough to mess with it, then we stopped because we don't want it to get damaged. It's exactly like the one in the pictures earlier in the thread, even the same brand. I love it - I can't wait until the kids get old enough for us to put it up again.

We had one in the 60's. It was a charmer. LOL. Ours was an aluminum foil model with individual "branches" to be stuck into a pole. Ah good times. Good times. My mother loved it. Saved us from having to use the dreaded tinsel. :P

We had one in the 60's. It was a charmer. LOL. Ours was an aluminum foil model with individual "branches" to be stuck into a pole. Ah good times. Good times. My mother loved it. Saved us from having to use the dreaded tinsel. :P

Haven't seen tinsel in years.

Photos from last year.

15665661_918014874964824_9049107625205461499_n.jpg

Protective paper sleeves for each branch and stained box.

15726492_918014908298154_8467058849391936229_n.jpg

That's the one we had!

Absolutely! I was born in 1960 and clearly remember one at my aunt and uncle's house. It looked pretty much like this:

For good reason. That stuff was awful to put on AND take off. Stupid stuff.

First married we had have fake trees in apartments so no tinsel or icicles ( I think icicles are a subset of tinsel) since its a pain taking it off then we got cats and heard the horror stories so we haven't used it for years. Though we have lost glass ornaments and only found the metal top.

Show of hands how many families from the 60's saved their icicles from year to year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter