A couple basic newbie questions

Mikie

DIS Veteran
I've been on DIS for a little while but very new to the DISign board. WOW! What an amazing resource!

I read all the stickeys but still have a couple basic questions.
If I post a request to a disigners thread but they don't have time or can't do it, will they reply in the thread, or PM, or will the request just not get filled?

I saw the instructions on what to do if the DISigner posts their work via thumbnail in their thread, but in some threads it looks like people are saying "thanks" but I don't see the finished request - how are they getting their disigns? Got a PM, just know to go out and look at the disigners photobucket for it to appear?

Seems like some DISigners personalize their disigns, but the stickeys also have instructions on how to open disigns in Word (of other) and add names or initials. Is it ok to personalize a DISign on my own? I don't want to add work if a DISign is already great and just needs my names, but I don't want to mess with the artist's work if that's not ok.

Thanks!!

I've been on DIS for a little while but very new to the DISign board. WOW! What an amazing resource!

I read all the stickeys but still have a couple basic questions.
If I post a request to a disigners thread but they don't have time or can't do it, will they reply in the thread, or PM, or will the request just not get filled?
If you post a request on a designer thread, just check back every so often. They don't usually tell you that it's done. I usually, write down the page # and post # of my request and that is easier for me to check for the finished work.
I saw the instructions on what to do if the DISigner posts their work via thumbnail in their thread, but in some threads it looks like people are saying "thanks" but I don't see the finished request -Some designers add your request, personalized to their photobucket and that is where you will find your request. how are they getting their disigns? Got a PM, just know to go out and look at the disigners photobucket for it to appear? Once again, you need to check back. Sometimes, the designer will post a notice of sorts that your request is done. But, not usually.

Seems like some DISigners personalize their disigns, but the stickeys also have instructions on how to open disigns in Word (of other) and add names or initials. Is it ok to personalize a DISign on my own? There are a few designers that do not allow you to personalize on their designs, others don't mind. Best check with their first page of designers "rules" before you do so. I don't want to add work if a DISign is already great and just needs my names, but I don't want to mess with the artist's work if that's not ok.

Thanks!!
I hope I have helped you and I am sure if I have given you incorrect info, someone will step up and correct me.. Good luck and welcome to this awesome board :cheer2: pixiedust:

I hope I have helped you and I am sure if I have given you incorrect info, someone will step up and correct me.. Good luck and welcome to this awesome board :cheer2: pixiedust:

Thank you! That's just what I needed to know. . . This board is too awesome - I may never sleep again, browsing through here when I should be going to bed :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter