A couple of questions about Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

MaC410

DIS Veteran
1)Do you shoot faster by holding down the trigger or pressing as rapidly as possible?

2)People talk about a claw on the right side of the first room being worth a lot of points. Is it the claw on the top left of this image?
gUdehEQ.jpg

I don't think you can really make it shoot faster by pressing the button. I hold it down, but what you can do is more sweep across the target rather than point and shoot. Targets will still register. It's an old laser tag move.

I am not sure which target exactly is worth a lot, but generally the harder they are to spot, the more they are worth, so I'd think that one on the bottom of the claw would be a generally high-value target.

you have to press the Botton to shoot, can not just hold it down,

behind the one you see is moving one they are worth a lot if you hit them

you have to press the Botton to shoot, can not just hold it down,

behind the one you see is moving one they are worth a lot if you hit them

You can in fact hold it down. It is much easier on the thumb! It doesn't shoot that fast, but those guns don't really fire that fast anyway.

There is no such "rapid-fire" option on Toy Story Midway Mania though. On that you must pull the string to fire every shot, and it can be murder on the arms!

Yeah a lot of places say that you can just hold down the trigger for the entire ride. I just wasn't sure if rapidly pressing the trigger somehow made it shoot faster.

I'll try to keep researching to see if the claw in the top left of that image I posted is the correct claw. I see a lot of stuff talking about the claw but never see pictures actually pointing it out.

I think the big point one is as you are exiting the room, turn around and it's almost straight up.

I think the big point one is as you are exiting the room, turn around and it's almost straight up.

Yes, a lot of the high-value targets are "behind" you so you have to turn the car to face them.

There is also a high value target at the very bottom of the first Zurg you see (not the one flying in the last room, the one before that). It's sort of hard to reach and you can only hit it for a few seconds, but I got it 3 times last time I rode.

I will shoot my hand a few times, so that I know where the lazier shoots. the first room with the moving arms behind the claw I got hight points shooting this

I got galactic hero by holding the trigger down the whole time - took me 4 rides, but I did it! My 7 year old thought I was the coolest haha.

Awesome! Thanks!
While you're at it, the one already mentioned, just below Zurg's feet, is also 100k. But the guns are mounted so that you can only get at it as you are coming into the room and as you are leaving. The latter seems to be easier.

In the first room, with the claw, you can also experiment with targets on the robot on your *left*, near the exit of the room, just across from the claw. Try the moving targets on the inside and outside of his gloves. In the large second room, the volcano is 50k, but it's flooded with red dots which makes it hard to aim your gun. Try to keep your score in view in the corner of your eye so you can see when it jumps up. I also try for the jack-in-the-box in that room, but I honestly don't know if it's valuable or not.

The two targets in the speed room are difficult to zoom in on. When Zurg pauses briefly on either side of your path, you can see a little black dot on the wall. That's the sensor, but as soon as he moves, you can't see it any more and just have to try to remember where it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter