A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

But come on...we would have to convert to a FRESH, HOT Krispy Kreme! Dunkin is good...but FRESH KK!!!! Yummy!

Amen on the Krispy Kreme!! There is no better doughnut on the planet than a fresh, hot Kirspy Kreme doughut!! Well...Sweet 16 doughnuts are good too! LOL

PS: DH and I lived in Salisbury for about 5 years and moved to Concord 2 years ago. Took me a while to get used to Salisbury after living in the metropolis of Belmont! :rotfl2: But once I got used to it I loved it there.

Wow! I just came across this TR last week and just now caught up...the title caught my eye b/c I too am a wicked stepmom to a darling little 8 year old girl. I also have been in her life since she was just turning 2. My DH and I also have a 2 and 5 yr. old and everyone is just growing up WAY TOO FAST!!!!! :) Anyway, I digress...this TR is just the best thing I have read in a long time.

We're going to Disney for the first time in Dec. and I have become OBSESSED with planning and such and your report has been so much fun to read! And I love love LOVE all of your details. Can't wait to read the end! And I'm so happy for you all (notice I'm NOT from the south...good old Pennsylvania here :goodvibes ) that you have another trip scheduled this summer. Hope you have a great time and I can't wait to hear about it. You've inspired me to actually consider writing my own TR when we get back :thumbsup2

I almost said remember the Alamo, but that is a little too corny even for me :lmao: If the Campbell-Scotts emigrate remember your roots. :banana: Fresh Tex-mex cuisine, Home made tortillas, Melt in your mouth Barbecue, and decadent Pecan Pie :cool1: As for snow, we call snow shovels grain scoops.:lmao: Great too hear more of the trip and a new Teddy-ism. Love it. Best wishes and lots of Disney :wizard: to you and yours.

I forgot about the lack of Dunkin Doughnuts coffee...and cannoli...and real Italian red sauce...

Ahh now, see you have gone and opened up that can of worms, the ongoing battle in my wonderful Jersey family....

Is it gravy....or is it sauce....

my family insists its called gravy,I call it sauce...

To me, gravy goes on meat, sauce is red and goes on pasta...:lmao:

I also left out Taylor pork roll, salt water taffy, warm roasted planters peanuts straight from the boardwalk store. I can get the DD coffee here, its the vanilla sugar creme donuts I miss so much...

Kim, one for you!! There is nothing like a warm KK donut. Or sweet tea..

OH...MY...God....we love us some sweet tea here in G'boro...
Funny thing is, growing up Jersey, sweet tea was only served in the summer, with a dose of sugar, and orange juice..GAG...

Now southern sweet tea..heaven...

Kim, I read your trip report, and I love it...your kids are adorable.

jalaine, when in dec are you going? We are going Dec 10-14 and staying at POP.

I'm a Jersey girl too. I'd forgotten all about Taylors pork roll. That was soooooooo good! I used to work summers at Fralingers factory loading salt water taffy in those boxes. On breaks we would go upstairs and get some of the "good stuff". The chocolates and fudge! I can still taste it in my dreams. Oh and Kohr Bros custard. Darn, now I'm hungry!

Love the new update! Teddy is so smart, I am sure it was a question on a lot of kids' minds. I know mine are obsessed with it.

I will not listen to this talk of moving to NC. Scrappy is expecting you to come see him! He told me so this afternoon after I related your wonderful defense of his natural hunting skills.

Fralingers....OMG..molasses paddles...ok now I am drooling...

Sorry Cammi, I think I hijacked your TR into a food report..

I miss Jersey food alot, can't you tell?

Are you planning on doing a TR for your August trip? If you drive down, I am 5 miles from I-95, you are welcome to stop!

But honestly, we love it here, it is a very slow paced life, much better then the hustle and congestion of up north. I still miss the shopping (our closest BIG mall is 50 miles away, thats our closest Disney store...lol) and I miss the food....oh cannolis, cheese steaks and Dunkin Donuts..how I miss you...and birch beer...oh my...I could cry...and Tastycakes..

But as 2 yankees...(as our southern friends call us) we truly love being here in the south, and once the culture shock wears off, your DH sould fit right in. If this spoiled Jersey girl can do it, anyone can.

Are you closer to Fayetteville or Raleigh? DD, ya know Fay has one of those. It's always a disagreement with DH on DD or KK. I love KK and when the Hot sign is on,hmmmm.:yay: Yes life is slower in the south, even in my city which is bigger then G.Boro( and we have the army guys flying,,um I mean driving , around here. Tastycakes I seem to remember those from when I lived in NY eons ago. As for moving here Cammie, oh ya, I agree once he gets used to strangers saying hi and the slower pace I think he will love the south.
Have loved reading your Tr. Some of your southern sayings are great. Hope your next trip with the kids starts off uneventfull with she who will not be named and ya'lll have a magical time.

Luckylady,

Believe it or not, we are about smack dab in the middle of the 2..lol
Where we live its about 50 miles up 70 to get to Raleigh, and about 45 miles down I95 to Fayeteville. Were about 10 miles the back way to the outlets in Smithfield off I95.

What still gets to me, is when I am drving the amount of people who wave to you, the ones you don't even know. :)

Yeah, NC is the best. I'm orginally from there...now living in PA. I'm hoping to one day convice my DH that a move there or VA would be just great.

KK is so much better than DD.

In VA here!! I think we are one of the luckiest states...DD AND KK here!!:rotfl2: something for everyone!! DD has better coffee but there is absolutely nothing better than a hot fresh KK melting in your mouth...ahhhhh. Anyway, this TR is almost at the end and you are only a month out from your August trip. Are you going to do a pretrippy? I hope so!:banana: Have a happy Friday everyone! The weekend is almost here :woohoo:

SOOOOOO NICE to be getting my Miss Cammie fix again! I started a new job and have had no time for Trip Report Reading!!:sad1:

But now I am back and all caught up!!! I got my dose of Miss Cammie and I am refreshed!! :cloud9:

How wonderful that this trip report will wrap up just in time for you to take another trip. The magic never ends! And I will be waiting patiently to read all about it!!! popcorn::

Miss Cammie,

I have been lurking since the beginning and just had to say something before this wonderful trip report was completed. First let me say as a child of divorce,several actually,Teddy and Sally will appreciate the consistent/constant love and stability you and your husband provide. The trips to Disney where kids and parents can be kids together will be forever etched in their minds as the best time of their childhood. It really is the happiest place on Earth. I know my trips left lasting memories with me, even in the sometimes chaotic blurr of my life. You are truly a great writer and a wonderful spirit. Thank you for sharing your story with us.:goodvibes

waiting for your last installment and are we all going to be treated to another report after your August trip?

denise:banana:

I'm really enjoying your trip report.

I think I spent 4 hrs last night reading and I only got a few hours in today. Still have a lot left to keep me entertained for a few more days.

Greeting from the midwest! Just wanted to jump in and say :thumbsup2 on your trip report and :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 for being such a cool "step-mom"!!

I haven't been able to read through all of the pages of replies, so I was wondering if it would be rude to ask how the kids are doing now-a-days---did they end up moving with their mom? I've been hoping that if so, it went wel for them, and you!

I bet you all can't wait to return to WDW next month!! :cool1:

Once we arrived back at the Wilderness Lodge and the kids were off to Neverland, I decided I’d go ahead and start organizing for that certain unpleasantness that must unfortunately take place at the end of every Disney vacation…check out.

The Check Out envelope had arrived during the day and it was mocking me with it’s dream dissolving reality…I didn’t the like the obnoxious way it was sitting on the table…so I shoved it into the nearly empty “bad but extremely fun and delicious vacation food” drawer. So THERE! Try mocking me from a dark drawer you…VACATION RUINER!!!

*ahem*

I sorted and packed for about an hour. I had the lists of clothing we had brought with us, one for each of us. So I sorted all the clothing into piles and then checked everything off as it was folded and put into the bags. Lists make me feel organized. When I have the lists I don’t need to *check* on things constantly. I used to have a problem with that…checking and re-checking…stupid things like checking to make sure I didn’t leave the cap off of my cherry chapstick…it would bother me so much that I’d have to make sure just ONE more time that I didn’t forget to put the cap on the chapstick…I’d get out of BED at night…in the middle of the night…just to check.

What?

Is that weird?

*ahem*

Anyhow…lists help me not be such a freak…

And medication.

*ahem*

I was just about done when I found that I could not account for a pair of Sally’s High School Musical socks and a pink tank top!

After a fruitless search of the room, I raced down the hall to the laundry room to see if I locate the rogue and wandering laundry!

Luckily Sally’s “I Love Troy” socks and the pink tank were neatly folded and sitting on the counter.

Nice people at Disney! Thank you phantom clothing folder!!!

There happened to be a couple of ladies also in the laundry room doing some late night laundry and one of them asked the other if it was possible to get into Liberty Tree Tavern as a walk up…

The other woman said,

“I can’t believe I know this…but there is this HUGE website on line called the “DisBoards”…” (she pronounced it DISS-boards, I’m not judging…it just made me wonder if other’s said DISS over DIZ…)”and apparently you can’t get into the Table Service places without a reservation. There are just pages and PAGES of Disney information! If I hadn't found that board when I did, we wouldn't have been able to get reservations at ANY of the sit down restaurants!!”

I had to laugh as I identified myself as a Disboard member!

Then I sat myself down and had a nice little chitty chat with these lovely women about the Disboards. I told them about the Trip Reports board and they were both amazed that such a board existed.

“You mean people actually sit down and write about their trips?”

::yes::

“They do indeed!”

Here’s a shout out to Diane and Elaine!!!

I finally had to get myself back to the room so I could get into bed. I was so exhausted I could have curled up right there in the laundry room…but I thought that would be weird.

So I said good-bye to my laundry room friends and headed back down the hall.

Once everything was packed and organized and ready to go, and clothes were laid out for the morning, I was able to climb into bed next to my sleeping husband. My last thought was…”Tonga Toast for breakfast tomorrow!!”

It was a good way to drift off to sleep!

The morning arrived all too quickly...thanks in part to Teddy waking up at around 4:30 with tummy problems. Poor baby. I ended up giving Teddy a bath at 5ish, getting a bottle of Pedialyte into him, tucking him back into bed and *praying* he would sleep for a bit longer. (Pedialyte made our lives SO much easier when they started making the "singles" bottles. We never go anywhere without Pedialyte singles packs!) Teddy's dehydration issues can be scary and they moved swiftly, Teddy will go from seemingly fine to unconscious inside of 20 minutes! Pedialyte heads all that off at the pass!!

Thankfully Teddy went right back to sleep and didn't wake up again. Unfortunately I was awake and that was that. So I took a shower and power planned for the day!

Everybody else was able to enjoy Stitch waking them up one more time!

Sally was just as annoyed with him on this morning as she had been on the first.

Everyone was up and moving pretty quickly though. All except dear Teddy.

He was sleeping like a rock.

which was good.

I let him be.

I got Sally showered and moving and then figured I'd better wake Teddy. We'd need to shake a tail feather to make our ADR on time!

I gave Teddy a little shake and told him it was time to GET MOVING!! NO SLEEPING!!

I got a sleepy smile and “I have a headache.”

Which is NOT good.

I asked Jay to throw me another bottle of pedialyte.

I opened it up and handed it to Teddy and told him to drink it up.
Teddy knows full well what headaches and dehydration mean, so he was more than willing to cooperate. He’s not a big fan of IV’s. Me either buddy!

So while Teddy hydrated and Sally got dressed and Jay was in the shower, I decided to get on with the death march of check out.

:sad:

It actually went really quickly.

Which was nice.

We arranged to have Bell Services keep our bags while we were at Magic Kingdom for the morning. Our car was picking us up at Wilderness Lodge at 4:30 pm. So we had a good amount of time get those last day things done!

I took this picture while I was checking out b/c it was the oddest pairing I think I've ever seen...an armadillo fixin to smooch a frog...odd, but very cute! Armadillos remind me of home!
100_1581-1.jpg

When I got back to the room, Teddy was sitting on our bed fresh from ANOTHER bath and drinking his pedialyte. Jay said Teddy had seemed really sluggish and unresponsive, so Jay dunked Teddy into another bath to wake him up some more. He was one clean kid! Jay and I were both worried that Teddy was going to need a trip to the doctor. Not a fun way to end our trip. But he seemed o-kay-ish right now. He was awake and drinking his pedialyte and munching on Cheerios. So we'd just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

It was nearing 8:15. We had our ADR for Kona Café set for 9:30.

Due to Teddy 's bath, Jay was late getting into the shower! He was going to have to MOVE IT!!!

Sally was the lone picture of calm and goodness! AND she had a cold Diet Coke ready for me when I walked in the door!

Gotta love that girl! She knows her step mama well! She was also dressed and ready to go! Bonus points for Sal!!! I pulled her hair up and did a braid for her and declared her finished!

Jay and I went over the game plan through the bathroom door while the kids watched Stacy. I kept throwing reminders to Teddy to take the next step in his attempt to get dressed.

The conversation went like this:

Jay: So after breakfast, if Teddy is feeling okay, should we try to hit Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain?

Me: yeah that sounds…Teddy now put your SHIRT on please…good to me. I think Teddy just needs to get his blood pumping a bit. I know that Sally wanted to ride Thunder Mountain once more.

Jay: Are we just going to do lunch at one of the counter service places?

Me: Yeah I was thinking…Teddy, shirt ON right now please…Columbia Harbor House maybe? Something with air…Okay Teddy, now put the other arm in…conditioning.

:lmao:

Poor Teddy. He was on slow motion so his ability to get dressed in a normal time frame was non existent. I helped him get the rest of the way dressed for fear that we'd NEVER get out of here otherwise!

Finally everyone was clothed and ready to get a move on in a timely manner!

It was time to bid our final good-bye to our Disney home. Teddy hugged the bunk beds on his way out!

:rotfl:

Both kids waved a good-bye to our back yard ducks!

We headed down the dock and hopped on the boat. We were going to catch the monorail to the Poly!!!

I was excited to see the Polynesian! I’d never been over there and I’d heard such wonderful things about it. Not to mention the joy that is Tonga Toast at the Kona Café…and the COFFEE!!! I love good coffee. It’s hard to find on property at Disney. I’ve heard Disney coffee described as “brown swill” on a number of occasions. But the coffee at Kona is legendary!! YAY!! More caffeine for ME!!!

Teddy seemed a little perked up after his pedialyte, but he wasn’t quite his normal bouncy self. I had back up bottles of pedialyte in my bag. I intended to flood him throughout the day!!!

As we hopped onto the monorail, we all had to comment one last time on how it smelled like a barn. We’re creatures of habit.

Upon arrival at the Poly, we were greeted at the door with an “Aloha” from a friendly CM!

Teddy responded with “Ohana!”

Teddy is pretty fluent in Disney!

We all thought that the greenery at the Poly was just beautiful!!

100_1582-1.jpg

Sally took this one!
100_1583.jpg

The lobby elicited a lot of "WOW!" from Teddy! The kids were both pretty enthralled with the "jungle inside"!:laughing:
100_1587.jpg

Love the orchids!!!
100_1588.jpg

We had some time before our ADR, so after ooohing and ahhhing over the greenery, we browsed a bit at Trader Jacks!

Y’all know how I love to browse!!

The kids both had a quite a bit of their Disney money left to spend, a lot more than I had thought they would at this stage. So when they both found something they thought was pretty neat, I reminded them that they had Disney money just BEGGING to be spent!

Sally got a little back pack with a stuffed Pluto inside it…Pluto’s feet were sticking out the bottom of the backpack. It was pretty cute. This would be Sally’s second Pluto lovey purchase of the trip! Sally is a DOG person!

Teddy found a “tub-o-aliens”. It was literally a tub of about 30 of the little green aliens from Toy Story. Teddy LOVES those aliens! He’s played with those things a TON over this year. They are bath toys and sometimes they serve as townspeople in a Lego Town or a Lincoln Logs settlement. They were well worth the money!

Finally it was time to head over to The Kona Café!!! Which was good, b/c my tummy was rumbly!

We checked in at the podium and we were seated promptly! Coffee was immediately produced for my enjoyment.

Oh the heaven of Kona Coffee.

If a person could marry coffee…this would be my man!

:lovestruc

Sally and Teddy both ordered Mickey “Pam-cakes” as Teddy calls them, and a fruit cup. Much to Teddy’s delight (not really) I produced another bottle of pedialyte for him to enjoy along with his orange juice! He was still looking pale and Jay and I didn't want to take any chances! He doesn’t hate the stuff, but it’s not his favorite drink in the world. He was a good boy though and managed a good bit of it.

The kids dived into their food before I could get a picture and I figured nobody would want to see a picture of mangled pam-cakes.

I ordered the Tonga Toast. I was ready for a sweetness overload! I was NOT disappointed!! Absolutely Heaven on a plate...of course I'd gone way over my sugar quota for like...the WEEK...but it was SO worth it!!

Tonga Toast in its pristine condition...isn't it pretty?
100_1584.jpg

The yumminess within!
100_1586.jpg

Jay was starving and grouchy so he ordered The Big Kahuna!
100_1585.jpg

He was very happy with his TROUGH of food:rolleyes: :laughing:

We all thoroughly enjoyed our final vacation meal at Kona Café. It was a great way to start the day. Everybody had a happy full tummy and I was buzzing with my caffeine/sugar high!

After leaving the café we decided to wander around just a bit more. We were surprised to find that the Poly is not all one building the way The Wilderness Lodge is, so we couldn’t see as much as we thought we could. We certainly could have figured out how to see more of the resort, but we didn’t have all that much time…so the Bou Tiki shop would have to do!

While Jay and Teddy took a quick break to powder their noses, Sally and I wandered and browsed. I love the Island theme here! I’d had a Hawaiin roommate one year in college and I’d loved her laid back “Island Style”. I learned to call flip flops “slippers”…she even taught her haole (me) roommate some pidgin!! (sort of the language of the locals). I loved living with her! She was a kick. She was very beautiful and men frequently and rudely stared at her. Her response to the staring was to say “What? I owe you money?” :rotfl2: This was usually enough to stop the staring. :laughing: I had originally thought this phrase was unique to Julie...until I heard some of her fellow Hawaiins use it on occasion!

Hi Julie!!!

Anyhow…random story...back to the task at hand!!!

As we browsed, Sally found a Buzz Lightyear Jibbit and asked if she could buy it for Teddy b/c he wasn’t feeling well.

Sally has such a kind heart.

I found a Stitch Jibbit (is Jibbit the singular form of Jibbitz?:confused3 let's pretend it is!) to go along with the one Sally picked out and a couple of Princesses for Sally just b/c it was our last day and I felt like spending money on overpriced shoe ornaments!

As I was paying for the Jibbitz the CM at the cash register asked where we were from. I told him and it turned out that he was from New Jersey originally too. I asked him how he liked working for Disney and living in Florida.

His response was less than enthusiastic. He said he that Orlando had some dangerous areas and one had to very careful where they went at night. He then went on to tell me that the murder rate in Florida was higher than anywhere else in the states.

wow...I thought New Jersey held that distinction…

*ahem*

Sally was standing close by and I really didn’t want her to hear about the dark side of working for Disney so I asked if she could find me a shirt with Donald AND Daisy on it. Sally LOVES to have a mission so she dashed off in search of the Ducks on a shirt! (I was pretty sure Donald and Daisy were not on any shirts in this shop, but I knew she’d search with gusto whether she found one or not!)

I was actually very interested to hear the CM’s take on Disney as an employer. I was glad that Jay wasn’t around to hear it though!! He might just change his mind about "retirement" plans to move to Florida and work for Disney!:thumbsup2

I thanked the CM for his information and went off to find Sally…who had not been able to find the shirt I had asked for.

Oh well.

:confused3

*ahem*

Teddy was delighted at the Jibbitz we picked out for him. Sally even tolerated his exuberant hug!

He looked a little better…not as pale. He was skipping around, which is always a good sign.

It was time to head to the Magic Kingdom.

The monorail arrived at the platform just a minute or so after we did!

last picture of the Poly greenery!
100_1590.jpg

We hopped on the monorail and we were at our destination in no time at all!

I gotta tell y'all...I can see why people shell out the cash to stay at the monorail resorts! If Sally and Teddy had been little bitty still, the convenience of the monorail alone would have been worth the extra cost! Jay wholeheartedly agreed! (I'll just tuck that little tidbit away for when/if I have a baby of my own...but Honey, YOU agreed that the Poly was worth the extra cost...remember?:flower3: :laughing: )

Up next: Departure day Part II

Our plans for the final visit to Magic Kingdom was to ride the big favorites. Teddy wanted to do Splash Mountain once more and Sally wanted to ride Thunder Mountain Railroad.

We were also on the lookout for Daisy Duck! Except for parades, we had yet to see Daisy in person!

Sally had her eagle eyes on!

It was VERY hot this day. Just steamy and gross…as is usual for Florida. I got bottles of water for the kids while Jay picked up the kid transporter. On top of the water, Teddy was still working on his pedialyte. We wanted to keep the hydration train on track!! The park seemed EXTREMELY full as well. Yay…sweaty people wall to wall.

Yep, I was definitely feeling the last day blues. Heat and humidity and sweaty gross crowds are much more tolerable when you have your whole vacation ahead of you...it's just plain miserable on the last day. No way around that!

I didn’t have long to grouch though b/c it wasn’t two minutes before Sally excitedly pointed out Daisy Duck!! We hopped in line and hoped that she wouldn’t be whisked away before it was our turn!

We lucked out.

We were the last people granted an audience with Daisy before she had to take off for Toon Town! As an added bonus, Daisy was appearing with Pluto!!

100_1592.jpg

Next we headed towards Splash Mountain.

On our way we stopped to watch a performance of the “Trolley Song”.

100_1595.jpg

The kids were both very excited b/c they knew this music well! Their step mother had been playing it for them all year long…in the car…in the playroom…at night when they were sleeping…y’know…conditioning their young brains to love Disney! They loved seeing this music come to life in front of them!

100_1594.jpg

We did a couple of photopass pictures on the way to Splash Mountain. We look hot and slightly harassed and there are 84,000 people surrounding us. Not the best pictures.

We were happy to find that once we arrived at Splash Mountain, the line wasn’t overly long. We got fastpasses and then hopped in line. Even Sally. She didn’t really want to…but we made her.

Because we are very mean.

She liked it.

She DID!

THIS time we put on our ponchos!

Thunder Mountain was next. It was just as fun as it ever was!!

After Thunder Mountain, Teddy asked if we could do Buzz Lightyear again. That sounded like a good idea to us!!

So we headed over to Tomorrow Land for one last spin with Buzz.

I asked Sally if we should stop and go on the Stitch ride…

Sally’s response was to put her little nose primly in the air and say,

“No Thank YOU!”

Buzz was fun. I scored low…as ususal. I also started to feel a little queasy with all the spinning we were doing. I REALLY hoped that my throwing up problem was not fixin to resurface!

Here is our Rednecked picture. (Why doesn’t Disney just photopass ALL of these already? Test Track is on board, I don’t know why everyone else doesn’t follow suit!)

how WHITE am I next to Sally?:laughing:
100_1596-1.jpg

I had to get Sally and Teddy and Pal Mickey with Zurg! (just figured out to have fun with photobucket!! Next TR will be a BLAST!:lmao: )
100_1598-1-1.jpg

After Buzz everyone was ready for a sit down and some more pedialyte.

By everyone I mean Teddy.

*ahem*

It was just so dang hot out and he was losing the hydration as fast as we were putting it in!

I wasn’t feeling all that fabulous myself.

And darn if I didn’t have to excuse myself to the bathroom b/c I nearly hurled into the bushes!

WHAT was going on with us today?

I don’t know…I think my ulcers were sad it was the last day of vacation too! Or they didn't appreciate the Tonga Toast...

probably both...:sad1:

When I finally rejoined Jay and the kids I was feeling better, but very annoyed with myself. I was much cheered when Sally presented me with a pin that she had found at one of the pin carts!! It was the Slinky Dog from Toy Story!!

We are dachshund people!!

Thanks Sally!!!

From there we decided that Dole Whips were calling us!!

Isn't it pretty?!
100_1599.jpg

Dole Whips are heaven.

The kids each had an Itsakadoozie (Teddy LOVED to say that over and over) that they'd so enjoyed earlier in the week.

We sat in the shade and people watched and talked about our favorites for the week.

Sally's favorites had been finding the paintbrush on Tom Sawyers Island and of course, seeing her old pal Minnie at Chef Mickey’s.

*sniffle*

Honorable mentions went to meeting Mary Poppins and meeting the blond girls in Norway with the sweet pretzel!

Teddy’s favorites had been MANY! The diver holding the sign up for him at Coral Reef and getting SOPPED on Splash Mountain on the first ride and getting sopped on Kali River Rapids, and Riding Test Track and (this one cracks me up) eating “a million billion pieces of melon at the Pooh restaurant”.

Teddy sure does love him some melon!

Jay too had loved that first ride on Splash Mountain and getting the Fastpasses from the CM who was laughing at MissCammie for checking her make-up after said sopping.

:rolleyes:

He’d also enjoyed the Safari Ride at Animal Kingdom, Soarin, and his steak at Coral Reef!

What had MissCammie enjoyed? Gosh, start up the sappy-machine…

Seeing Sally with Minnie will be in my heart for the rest of my life. It was a moment so precious, I can’t even write about it nearly a YEAR later without tears streaming down my face…

KLEENEX BREAK!!

I loved seeing the kids on Tom Sawyers Island. They’d had a blast. They had warrior moments! Of course I LOVE Wishes. Every single time we saw it I loved it even more!! I was glad we had gotten to attend the Pirate and Princess Party and see the special version of Wishes. Meeting the Stepmother and the Stepsisters had been fun, and dressing up as Snow White! I loved being able to hang out with my husband all day, every day for six days straight. It's nice getting to see Jay relaxed and present. He is a wonderful husband and father and I'm always in awe that he wanted to bring this crazy lady into his life!

:love:

The whole trip had been a blast. It allowed us all to bond closely as a family and share uninterrupted time together. We were able to just be. That is a blessing for any family.

We spent the rest of the day doing our “one lasts”. We did Mickey’s Philharmagic one last time, and Dumbo one last time. We attempted to do the Jungle Cruise, but the line was too long. We had to mark that one down for next year!

We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

It was okay. We had another run in with mushy mac and cheese. (Will we EVER learn?) Jay took it back up to the counter and they kindly replaced it with chicken strips. We were happy to just sit and soak in the air conditioning for a bit.

Finally it was time bid farewell to the Magic Kingdom. Our car would be arriving shortly. I volunteered to return the Kid Transporter while Jay and the kids were buying some last minute must haves!! We also had a couple of left over CS credits. This was nice b/c you can get quite a bit snack wise with CS credits!! I don’t know if that will still be the case under the new Dining plan but it was nice for us at the time!

When I found Jay and the kids once more, Sally was wearing a pair of Minnie Ears and Teddy had Pirate Ears on. Sally announced that Daddy had gotten them with HIS money!

Jay is so darling. He had REALLY wanted the kids to have Mickey ears. We just hadn’t found the time to get them during the week, but he was determined to see it done before we left! I’ve heard that the embroidery of the hats will no longer be done with the “by hand” machines. (I don't know what these machines are actually called, but y'all know what I mean right?)

I always loved watching the CM’s embroider the names on the hats. It's a bummer that I won't be able to do that again. Technology is NOT our friend when it comes to name embroidery on Mickey Ears!

*sniffle*

We all turned and waved good-bye to our beloved Magic Kingdom. It was our favorite park and I know that it was this park that the kids thought of when they thought of Disney World and our vacation. Sally waved good-bye to Cinderella and her castle, which was her undoing. Her tears started…which got my tears started. We sniffled all the way to boat. Then I declared us DONE with sniffles. We’d had SUCH a wonderful trip. It was sad to be leaving, but we were going to come back. It was not time to mourn, it was time to feel the love!!

I reminded both kids...and myself...that if fun times lasted forever, they wouldn’t be special. I wanted us all to head to the airport feeling confident and relaxed and ready to face the world.

So we started reminiscing again about our favorite things. Teddy had so many funny little memories of the trip, which encouraged Sally to remember little things too. We all felt much better by the time we made it to the dock of the Wilderness Lodge for the last time.

We checked to make sure that our bags were ready to go and then settled down on a lovely little couch in the lobby. Jay then informed me that he hadn’t used all of the CS credits while we were at Magic Kingdom.

ACK!! MUST USE ALL CREDITS!!

So I left the kids with Jay and dashed into the Mercantile!

Hi Humphrey!!! I patted his nose on the way in!! (my camera was clearly on the WRONG setting!)
100_1605.jpg

I found some adorable Flip Flop rice crispy bars and some shaped like ice cream cones. I got some other odds and ends to bring home for friends and family. By the time I was done I had a bag FULL of stuff! I also purchased a “Mickey Parts” photo album, which was great b/c I had really wanted one and had not found one in the parks the whole week! I was so glad I’d come into the Mercantile one last time.

The CM who rang me up (Linda!) turned out to also be from New Jersey! (We are taking over Florida!!!) She and her husband were retired and had moved to Florida specifically to work for Disney. She was THRILLED with Disney as an employer. I told her that someday my husband and I hoped to do the same thing. Linda told me about the lovely community they lived in and how happy they were in their retirement. Her husband was a Monorail driver! How cool is that?! She even gave me a card with her email address and told me that if I ever needed any advice on working for Disney, that I should contact her and she’d give me the inside scoop!

*wooHOO* An inside scoop is ALWAYS a helpful thing to have!

Thanks Linda!!

This is how I found everyone when I came back from the Mercantile:
100_1607-1.jpg

Everyone was exhausted!

Our car arrived not soon after.

I snapped this picture just before we headed outside.

ummm...pixilated perhaps?:confused3 They looked cute...I swear!
100_1612-1.jpg

This is a picture of all the STUFF we’d gotten that morning that had to somehow fit into our suitcase!
100_1614.jpg

Sally saw this picture later and pointed out that the plastic bags were NOT very Earth friendly! (we do the reusable grocery bag thing...we may have to bring those to Disney with us on our trip this year!)

Our trip home was fairly smooth and uneventful. Teddy didn't have any more trouble with his tummy. (Thanks Pedialyte!) Our plane had been VERY delayed out of Orlando, so we’d had quite a bit of time to sit around at the airport, but it wasn’t bad. The kids were in their comfy sweats and they had their travel pillows and blankets. They curled up next to Jay and me and colored and read books. It was very relaxed. The flight (once we got on) wasn’t bad either. Nobody bled anyhow.

:rolleyes:

We were just as thrilled with the limo picking us up at the airport as we had been when our trip began.

We’re not terribly hard to please!

We’d all made it home in one piece!

Up Next: Epilogue to this EPIC length Trip Report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter