A Daily Lesson Part II: The CampbellScot's take on Animal Kingdom Lodge*update 6/5*

Just wanted to mention that today, June 9, is Donald Duck's 75th birthday.:cake:

Hi Cammie,
Loved your trip reports, I see you will be there in 3 days, so will we. We will be there for 7 days at SSR and AKV, hope to see ya, have a magical time.
Jan B

Hey all!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes! We are ready and rarin to GO!!

We're just doing the last this's and that's before we head off. When printing our boarding passes this morning I was made aware that continental now charges $15 per 1rst checked bag, per person, one way. :scared1::mad: The airlines sure do get you coming and going. Jerks.

That wasn't the only pre-vacation drama...oh no...Jay had to go and make things super interesting by taking a medication he knew nothing about (OTC) and it ended up giving him a rash...which led to him taking Benadryl...which he said didn't effect him "at all"...

:rolleyes:

just moments ago he awoke from a benadryl induced FOUR HOUR nap...and he's still stumbling around in a bit of a stupor.

Hopefully he'll be in top form when we hear the alarm at 3:30am.

It wouldn't be us if we didn't have some start of vacation drama!!

Hope the sun is shining for everyone!! If anyone is at Disney while we are, make sure to say howdy!! :wave:

Hey, I'm in WDW e5 days a week, LOL Working :sad2: , but not in the parks.
I could come stalk you at MGM, though....... :rolleyes1

Have fabulous trip. Hot as helk here...

Looking forward to your next report.

Hey all!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes! We are ready and rarin to GO!!

We're just doing the last this's and that's before we head off. When printing our boarding passes this morning I was made aware that continental now charges $15 per 1rst checked bag, per person, one way. :scared1::mad: The airlines sure do get you coming and going. Jerks.

That wasn't the only pre-vacation drama...oh no...Jay had to go and make things super interesting by taking a medication he knew nothing about (OTC) and it ended up giving him a rash...which led to him taking Benadryl...which he said didn't effect him "at all"...

just moments ago he awoke from a benadryl induced FOUR HOUR nap...and he's still stumbling around in a bit of a stupor.

Hopefully he'll be in top form when we hear the alarm at 3:30am.

It wouldn't be us if we didn't have some start of vacation drama!!

Hope the sun is shining for everyone!! If anyone is at Disney while we are, make sure to say howdy!! :wave:

Can you give us a little teaser....like where are you staying this time and how long will you be enjoying the House of Mouse? Have a fabulous time.

Hope you have a FAB time in WDW!

I just saw that you are running the 1/2 marathon. Good luck on your training! I am doing the Expedition Everest Challenge this fall and cannot wait!

Hooray! Thanks for easing my post-vacation pain with a new chapter . . . it really did help!!!! :cloud9:

Hope you had / are having a magical vacation (not sure if you are back yet as of today). I am so excited, because that means we will have a whole new trip report after this one *hint hint*!!!! The fun continues!!!! :cool2:

Hey all!!! We're baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Oh my word how I love DisneyWorld!!! We had such a wonderful time!! I did bring home a cold...which really isn't a fun way to end a vacation. Jay got sick at the start of the vacation...we had to miss dinner one night such was the severity of his illness. Poor baby. But it only lasted about a day and then he was back on track!

oh and a wild scooter driving woman ran over and bloodied the back of my heal while shouting "MOVE!! I'M IN A SCOOTER!!!" whilst we were all in a HUGE crowd of people and couldn't move an inch...so she took it out on my heal. I would have gladly moved had I been able to do so. Not a very nice lady. She didn't say sorry when Jay pointed out that she had just bloodied his wife...she just said "Well I'm in a scooter..." Oh. Of course. The next time I want to beat someone up I'm going to be in a scooter when I'm doing it and when the police arrive I'm going to say "Well I'm in a scooter...:confused3 what? I'm not responsible...I'M IN A SCOOTER!" Then I'll run the cop over! No rules when one is in a scooter...

other than that there wasn't a lot of other blood loss.

:rotfl:

we had so much fun!!

It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hot y'all. Hot hot hot!!! Too hot almost. Even for native Floridians! The weather channel said it was "unseasonably hot". No kidding! It's not usually that hot in August even!

I can't wait to go in January!!!

OH and we got to ride Toy Story Mania THREE TIMES!!! Seriously, most fun ride EVER. Jay and I really loved it! We're dorks that way.

How is everyone? Anything fabulous happen while I was away?

hope all is well!!!!

I'll be writing writing writing soon...after I finish the MOUNDS of laundry. Ugh.

:laundy:

Miss Cammie's Back.... :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Yes!!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about the trip and back to your trip report.

Sorry about the sorry scooter person. That's so rude...

Miss Sally would have been all over her...

Looking forward to hearing more.

Texasbelle
Carolyn

Welcome home Miss Cammie! Glad you had a great trip! I heard you met the fabulous Steph! :banana::banana::banana:I can't wait to hear all about it! (hint hint)

YAY! :yay: The CampbellScots are back! :goodvibes So glad to hear that you had a great trip! :thumbsup2 Glad you didn't melt! ;) You will LOVE :love: January - it is perfect for weather! Although this past January we did have a few cooler than normal days! OH well - you can't have it all! :)

I am absolutely just dying to hear whee you all stayed! :rolleyes1 I suppose we will have to wait to find out until after the current trip report! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter