• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A day at DLP the week after Easter

areweindisneyyet

DIS Veteran
We are planning to surprise the kids with a one day trip to DLP the week after Easter during our month long European Holiday. I am tossing up between the Wed and Thu.

Any suggestions on which day would be better crowd wise?
Is this school holidays still in France and England?

We have a park hopper pass for the day. We have visited DL and are looking to spend more time looking at the differences between the parks. What would be the must do's?

We would plan to be there for park opening, how long does it take to travel by metro and RER to DLP? How much travel time should we allow. Staying near the Louvre.

Any other tips gratefully accepted.

Thanks for your help.

Easter is late next year so, as far as I know, all the schools in UK will back by this time. However I had a quick look at France (there's links to school holidays in the Very Useful Info sticky) and it seems that whilst some regions are back others are still on holiday until well into May.

However, the local schools go back on 26th April so I don't think you'll find crowds too much of a problem. If it's a toss-up between Wednesday and Thursday, I think I'd choose Thursday as somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to recall that Wednesday is a popular day for school trips and locals to visit in the afternoon (although this probably wouldn't arise so soon after their Easter holiday), so there's probably very little to choose between the two days.

It takes 40 mins to take the direct RER from Paris to DLRP so I would set off at 8:30am at the very latest ~ this would give you plenty of time to get the metro then the RER so that you will arrive by 9:30am as if the park is opening at 10:00am they will be allowing you onto Main Street from 9:30am which will give you time to look around there and take some photos before the other lands open at 10:00am.

There is a thread that lists the unique things for DLRP against the other parks ~ I'll have a look for it. :)

ETA: Found one thread here. I'll see if I can locate more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter