A Dazzling Diamond Celebration

I am loving your report. We are planning on going to DL in 2018 for our 40th anniversary and we can't wait. Loving all your pictures.

The Tangled bathrooms are amazing.

Love reading this and looking at your photos, got me so excited for my trip next year as haven't been since 2009

Loving your TR and fabulous photos. It's making me want to visit DL again (especially since it's the 60th anniversary celebrations) but don't think DH will agree to it.

I Scream, You Scream...

Life go crazy around the holidays so sorry I've been gone for a few months. But my goal is to finish this TR before my birthday in April. So back to the magic.

After we walked through Grizzly Peak and got fast passes for Soarin' we went back to Paradise Pier. We were on a mission to check out Toy Story Midway Mania.

On our way we stopped for a spin on Mickey's Fun Wheel. I'm not a fan of ferris wheels so a swinging basket was definitely out and I was hanging on to the basket the whole time.

Once we were done with our fun spin on Mickey's Wheel we made our way to Toy Story Midway Mania. We had picked the Toy Story movies to watch for our movie nights because we knew we definitely wanted to experience this ride. There was a little wait but we didn't mind.

Getting the 3D glasses must mean we're getting closer.

We had a blast and vowed that we definitely needed to do it again. But we were off to explore the rest of Paradise Pier. After we were made a quick potty/water break. We saw the line for California Screamin' was 5 minutes...so at Disney you don't pass up a line that short. We enjoyed it so much and the line was still short so we hopped on again. I finally got a photo after we were done with our 2 rides.

After our Screamin' good time we thought it would be a good time for a Mickey ice scream bar. It was much needed in the heat. I ended up getting one of my favorite photos of our trip.

Funny story: I ended up losing half my ice scream bar down my leg. Since it was so hot and the ice scream was so cold when I bit into it the first time it broke a big chunk off that fell down my leg. I had melted chocolate and ice scream down my leg. We finished our ice scream and I cleaned up my leg before heading back over to Hollywood Land for another ride through Monstropolis.

As we were heading over to the Monsters Inc Ride there was a Mad T Party going on. Walking through the misters were awesome. We could have spent much more time there. Instead we got some pics and rode through Monstropolis. After all the monsters were saved from the human child we headed over for another drop through the Hollywood Tower Hotel. At this point we had 3 fastpasses...what an awesome feeling.

My notes said we rode it 2 times in a row so I'm guessing the line was pretty short and we had time before the neon lights started in Cars Land.

Sh-Boom

With back-to-back rides on Tower of Terror under our belt we made our way to Cars Land. When reading about Cars Land I was definitely excited about being there around dusk to watch the lighting of the neon lights. Let me just say it was magical...made you feel like you were in the scene from the movie. I'll let you enjoy the photos before we heading into Flo's V8 Cafe for dinner.

Mater was out greetings guests while the party started.

Next up was a quick dinner before our fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers were set to expire. Flo's V8 Cafe was amazing. So much to see and look at.

Doesn't that look yummy...my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I got the Turkey Dip with a Strawberry shake. Kyle got Roast Beef & Cheddar with a Chocolate Shake. We had to hurry to finish our food so that we would be able to use our fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers. But that wasn't really much trouble since we were hungry. We got a few more photos on our way out and enjoyed the last of our shakes in line for Racers.

We were definitely excited to ride Radiator Springs Racers at night. It's great during the day but even better at night.

Another ride through Ornament Valley was in the books for us and then we were off to soar over California.

Let's Go Soarin'

We had one more fast pass to use up before our World of Color time. I have to say it is pretty awesome using fast passes...being able to pass by all the other guests in line...sorry. Soarin' was pretty awesome. We determined that we definitely needed to do it again. We ended up in the middle row which wasn't too bad. I was hoping for the first row which we were never lucky enough to get. Every other time we rode it we got the middle row. Here are my photos from the queue.

We ended up meeting a very nice couple while we were in line that were there on their honeymoon. We told them that we plan to go to Walt Disney World for our Disneymoon/One Year Anniversary. They wanted to ride in the top row so we were split apart not before wishing each other lots of fun and magic for the rest of our vacations. After our hang gliding adventure we made our way back to Paradise Pier for World of Color. Of course we had to take some photos along the way.

When we got back to Paradise Pier they were just finishing up the first showing of World of Color and I didn't want to see any of it so we ducked into The Little Mermaid for a ride. When we got out they had just finished the show. Then we had to figure out where to go for seating for World of Color. We had some confusion about where we were supposed to go although we were eventually lead to the right place after being told to go to the wrong place 2 times before. We just sat and relaxed before the show started.

Stay tuned for World of Color.

World of Color

I have to say that every show we saw was amazing. I think I teared up for every one and World of Color was no different. The tribute to Walt was amazing during the show. I'll let you enjoy the photos.

That wraps up our first full day. It was loaded full of amazing experiences...don't worry there are more to come. Up next is our daily recap.

Daily Recap: 8/28/15
Here's our recap from day 2.

Jessica's Top 3:
1) Lunch at Carthay Circle
2) Cars Land - especially the neon lights
3) World of Color

Kyle's Top 3:
1) Neon Lights in Cars Land
2) World of Color
3) Radiator Springs Racers

Jessica's Favorite Food: Soup from Carthay Circle

Kyle's Favorite Food: Turkey Dip from Flo's V8 Cafe (yes that was my sandwich)

Fitbit Tally: 28,585 steps; 12.29 miles

:goodvibesHello!!
Loving your report!! We are frequent WDW visitors, happily planning our first trip to DL this Spring. Your report is sooooo helpful, both for planning and for my excitement level! We aren't telling our girls we are headed west, so I've read your report wanting to yell each time I see something new!! All looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Joining in. I have loved the trip report so far. We have been to Disneyland many times, but you have found things for us that we haven't done before. We have never been inside the animation building or in any of the shops in Carsland. I have never been on the Storybook Canal boats. I am going to need to change this.

Mickey's Wheel. I knew I hated those types of rides, but that was when I was younger and I was sure I had grown out of that phase as an adult. The kids wanted the swinging baskets, so in we went. Thought I was going to die!. I won't go anywhere near them now. My then 18-yr old son took my daughter last time on it. They chose the non-swinging. He said even those were awful. It looks so pretty though.

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter