A Dazzling Diamond Celebration

So great that the CM let you in early! Definitely a little pixie dust there pixiedust:

Loving the beautiful pics! I'm more of a half-a-thumb in every pic kind of a photographer :rotfl:

Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

Now not sure if you noticed in the pics of the Animation Building that we were the only ones there. This totally surprised me because of what I had been reading/hearing about for the wait to meet Anna & Elsa. We were originally just going in there to get fastpasses to meet them later but we were able to walk right in to meet them. They were a great pair to meet. I loved the room they were in...it felt like we had stepped into their castle in Arendelle.

We talked about our engagement buttons and then they signed my autograph pages. I made a little flip book of index card size paper for the characters to sign. Then I cut off the side with hole punch in it and now I'll be putting them on my scrapbook pages for the characters.

After saying farewell to Anna and Elsa we went over to see if Olaf was out. On our way over to his meeting spot we passed the Frozen sing-along building and Wandering Oakens.

Olaf wasn't coming out to meet until 9 we decided to walk a little further into Hollywood Land to get a good look at Hyperion Theater and Hollywood Tower Hotel.

It took us 3 times to get this selfie. We had to keep repositioning so we could get it all in the photo. After some pics we headed back to where Olaf meets and hung out until it was time. We were the first people in line.

This is our one and only photo with Olaf since we ran out of space on the memory card in the camera. But we were glad to see that the one we got turned out. Olaf had one of my favorite autographs...its a self portrait.

Next we're off to meet a monster.

Great trip report!! I'm looking forward to reading more (and also commenting more when I'm not replying on my phone).

We Scare Because We Care

After meeting with Olaf we were going try to ride Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue but it was closed, however, Sulley was greeting in front of the line. We hopped in line to meet our 4th character in less than an hour. We had a great character interaction with Sulley.

So he saw our "Just Engaged" buttons and wanted to see the ring.

Then had to tell Kyle he did a great job (which he really did)

We had to get a our formal picture. Sulley definitely ranks in our top 3 character interactions.

We decided it was time to head over and get our first fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. On our way over Five & Dime drove by. That's one thing we wish we would have had more time to do...watch the street performances. We caught them here and there but never the full performances.

After they passed we walked towards "a bug's land" and got some photos of Grizzly Peak.

After getting some photos we got our fastpasses!!

Once we had our time set for our first ride on Radiator Springs Racers we headed into "a bug's land."

It's Tough to be a Bug

After getting our first fastpasses of the trip we ventured into "a bug's land." Our first stop was It's Tough to be a Bug...we didn't realize that it was a 4-D show. Needless to say we were not expecting the part with the bees but nevertheless we did enjoy being in the air conditioned theatre and out of the sun for a little while. When we had cooled down we went back out in the blazing sun to explore "a bug's land." We knew we weren't going to ride anything there but we wanted to go take it in plus we realized that it was a perfect restroom stop and passage from Hollywood Tower Hotel and Carsland/Paradise Pier.

Enjoy a little tour through "a bug's land"

Hopper was at the entrance of It's Tough to be a Bug.

After greeting Hopper you get the first preview of this awesomely themed land with Flik's Fun Fair banner. Then you walk through the Cowboy Crunchies box to get to the rest of the fair.

Such a cool view of the Hollywood Tower Hotel from "a bug's land"

This was one of the coolest bathrooms at Disneyland. I know, how weird am I to take a photo of the bathroom (seriously can't wait to see the Tangled bathroom at WDW) but the theming was spot on. The bathrooms are housed in a box of kleenex and the man/woman symbols have little antenna. Also a great tip just go in a listen to the commentary by the characters from the movie. Enough about the bathrooms onto the attractions of this land.

This was one of the most packed places for the majority of the time we were there. It's a puddle park and sprinkler aka a great place to cool down in the heat. I loved that it was a leaking garden hose.

After wandering around "a bug's land" we decided to make our way to Carsland...probably one of the our most anticipated lands. But first one more photo of the Cowboy Crunchies box.

Life is a Highway

I have to say that Carsland was the land I was looking most forward to. From the photos I'd seen and the articles I had read about it I knew it was going to be great. It definitely did not disappoint. It felt as if you walked straight into the movie. If you like the movies I would definitely suggest to put a visit to Carsland on your Disney bucket list.

This was our first peek at Carsland but first we had to get a photo in front of the Carsland billboard.

So the first thing on your right as you enter Carsland in Fillmore's.

Across from Fillmore's is Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Don't worry we'll be back for a ride. Kyle had to get a photo with the tractor.

Next to Fillmore's is Sarge's Surplus...you can get all kinds of Cars themed items here.

Before getting to the Cozy Cone Motel we had a photopass photographer take a few photos of us. One with Radiator Springs in the background.

Then one with Grizzly Peak.

After our photoshoot Mater made his way out onto Route 66 and his pal Lightening McQueen took over greeting guests in front of the Cozy Cone.

Around this time we were starting to get a little hungry so we decided to get something from the Cozy Cone. We stopped in the Churro Cone and got Churro Bites...they were yummy. Sadly I didn't get a photo of them...I do believe they were the only food we ate that I didn't get a pic of. But I did get a photo of the Cone.

After our bellies were full we made our way through the rest of Radiator Springs.

This is the shop where Kyle tried on the hat he is wearing in my introduction post.

Across from there was Flo's...we would be back there later that night for dinner. So for now we just admired it from the outside.

Next to Flo's is Ramone's...another shop.

Across from Ramone's is Luigi's House of Tires. I was kind of disappointed that Luigi's Flying Tires was closed.

Had to get a photo of Stanley after all he founded Radiator Springs.

Then we made our way over to see Radiator Springs Racers, Ornament Valley and Willie's Butte.

After checking out Radiator Springs Racers we ran into Red on one of the other side streets.

I love this updated billboard which stems from the second Cars movie.

Seriously the details are just great. To be continued...

Life is a Highway Cont.

After taking in many details we decided it was time for a ride...to Mater's Junkyard we go.

We could have spent more time just reading all the things hanging up of the walls but we had a jamboree to get to.

After our tractor spin we decided to head over to the Animation Building again, mostly to get out of the heat, but also to check out either the Animation Class, Turtle Talk with Crush or the Sorcerer's Workshop. We had some more time we needed to waste before our fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers were good.

The Art of Animation

Once we had explored Carsland we still had some time before our fastpasses were going to be ready so we headed back to the Animation Building in hopes of drawing a character in the Animation Academy. When we got back to the Animation Building the line to meet Anna & Elsa was quite long...glad we stumbled across them right away in the morning. We asked the cast member who the next character was going to be for the Animation Academy and it was Agent P...neither of us had any interest in drawing him. So we decided to check out the Sorcerer's Workshop. This was surprisingly fun to walk through.

The Sorcerer's Workshop has 3 rooms that you walk through...Magic Mirror Realm, Beast's Library and Ursula's Grotto. Sadly Ursula's Grotto was closed so we had to turn around and walk back through everything to get out. Nevertheless it was a nice break from the heat and sun...that was a theme of our vacation.

In the Magic Mirror Realm they had all these tables that you could draw a sequence of images and then you put the paper in the spinning mirror thing. When you spun it it created an animation sequence.

Next up was the Beast's Library...in this room they had all these "books" that you answered questions and they told you which Disney character you are most like. I got Belle and Kyle got Tigger.

You could watch the rose lose its petals which you'll see in the next photo.

This was our point of turning around. We left the Animation Building through a hallway that takes you into the Off the Page Store.

One more selfie before we went into the store. I could have spent hours in that store looking at all the paintings. I could have also spent a lot of money there.

This is outside the main entrance of Off the Page. We still had more time so we headed over to check out the line for Tower of Terror.

One of the billboards in Hollywood Land. Up next do we make it to the Tip Top Club??

Headed to the Tip Top Club

After wandering around the Animation Building we headed over the the Hollywood Tower Hotel to see how long the line was. If I remember correctly it was under 20 minutes so we hopped in line. I only took photos in the lobby because I had never ridden this ride so I didn't know how far I could go in with taking photos...so no worries I ended up more photos on later rides.

I think this was literally the end of the line when we got in it.

I loved the bellhops!!

Checking In??
After our ride through the Twilight Zone we got back out and the line was about the same length so we hopped back in for round 2. This quickly became my favorite ride. After ride 2 we made our way over to Radiator Springs Racers because our fastpasses were ready. I don't have any photos from our ride because our fastpasses were ready at 12:30 and our lunch reservation was at 12:50 so we had no time to waste. But no worries I have plenty of photos from later in our trip. We loved this ride so it was one that we got several fastpasses for during our trip.

Awesome Trip Report! Making me feel homesick for Disney though! Oh well! I'll live vicariously through you! :)

Bug's Land was one area I enjoyed more than I thought I would - lots of really great theming there

That's great you got on TOT a couple of times and enjoyed it so much

Cars Land is just so cool - and the ride was really fun

Enjoying your TR so far! You took so many lovely pictures, I especially love the parade ones! And I agree, Cars Land is awesome- definitely feels like you are stepping into the movie. Look forward to reading more!

Now Premiering: Our Carthay Circle Lunch

After a race through Ornament Valley we made our way to Carthay Circle for our lunch reservation. When we were making plans for dining I knew that I wanted to eat at Carthay Circle and reserving the World of Color Dining package was the perfect way to do that. We opted for lunch since we wanted to be in Cars Land around dinner time to watch the neon lights so we would be having dinner at Flo's V-8 Cafe for dinner. We were quite excited to have a reprieve from the sun and heat. We checked in and not much longer they were taking us upstairs to our table. As soon as we sat down we were saying that we did not feel as though we had dressed fancy enough for this place. But no worries everyone else was dressed the same as us.

We were seated by the kitchen which may annoy some people but we found it to be quite entertaining since we could watch all the hustle and bustle but were still able to enjoy the atmosphere.

We promptly got our drinks and ordered our meal which consisted of either soup or salad, the entree, and dessert. We both decided on the soup...I know weird since it was so hot outside but it just sounded so yummy. And it was!! We both would have had another bowl.

We both go the Spanish-Roasted Tomato Broth accented with Chorrizo. I was a little nervous that it would be spicy but it wasn't. Looking at the picture makes me want a bowl of it. Next up was our entrees.

Kyle got The Ultimate Braised Short Rib Beef Sandwich. He loved it. I have to say it was quite delicious as well.

I got the Chicken and Anaheim Chili Raviolis. Mine was amazing. After we finished our entrees it was time for dessert.

Kyle got the Dark Chocolate Mousse Bar.

I got the Tahitian Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée Tart. They were both so tasty. I could have had another of mine. After we squared away our bill and got our fastpasses for World of Color later that night we headed out. I decided I had to get a photo of one of the pictures on the wall.

We would definitely love to have a meal again at Carthay Circle and would definitely recommend for others to have a meal there. With our bellies stuffed and water bottles full again we headed back out to explore.

Ahh...Monsters & Bugs

After lunch we decided to see if Mike & Sulley to the Rescue up and running since it hadn't been when we stopped earlier in the morning. And it was with a short wait so we hoped in line. I loved all the details in the queue...sometimes I think the details you get to see while waiting in line make the ride even better.

We loved the all the little details. We loved these vending machines.

We could have stayed here much longer looking at all the signs.

But then our ride showed up.

Next we were ready to head into Monstropolis.

"He picked me up and shook me with his mind powers"

"I'll be watching...always watching"

After riding through Monstropolis we decided to make our way over towards Paradise Pier. On our way The Big Cheese himself walked by us dressed in his 1920's finest.

We took a shortcut through a Bug's Land and also picked up some fastpasses for Tower of Terror. On our way we stopped at our favorite restroom stop. While I was waiting Flik walked by to greet guests next to the Heimlich Chew-Chew Train Ride. I got out the autograph book and as soon as Kyle was out we headed over to the nonexistent line.

Another great character interaction to check off our list. As we continued on our way we saw a photopass photographer out in front of the bug's land Disneyland 60th Anniversary photo spot so we had to stop and get some photos. I'm only showing you a couple from the dozen we took.

After a couple photo sessions we were back on our mission to make it over to Paradise Pier for the 1st time.

Your lunch looks really good! We also did the Carthay Circle WOC package, though we did dinner. At least the night we were there I noticed a lot of people were dressed nicer - wasn't an issue or anything but definitely think people out for date night or something. I also go the soup except mine was super spicy - way more than I was expecting!

I did enjoy the themeing of the Bug's Life Bathrooms - love details like that

Those are fun pictures!

Under The Sea

After filling our bellies with the delicious lunch from Carthay Circle we filled up our water bottles and headed over to explore Paradise Pier.

Since the line for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure was short we hopped in. This ride turned out to be a great reprieve from the heat. Especially when you are under the sea and the cool air blows on you. We love the music from The Little Mermaid so we were dancing and singing away in our clamshell.

After a journey under the sea we decided to head into the wilderness before walking the rest of the pier.

Exploring the Wilderness

We headed into Grizzly Peak after our swim with Ariel and the gang. We walked through a little bit of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. We were hoping to get a photo with Dug or Russell. Russell had just left when we got in there and we didn't feel like waiting around 15 minutes for Dug to come out. I think if we had kids with us it would have been fun for them to run around in there.

After our trek through the Redwood Creek Challenge Trial we watched several rafts come down Grizzly Peak but determined that we didn't want to get that wet so we just enjoyed watching the rafts come down.

After watching Grizzly River Run and getting throughly misted we walked on to go check out Soarin'.

We ended up getting fastpasses to use later in the night for Soarin' but then I got one of my favorite photos from California Adventure.

Since we walked through Grizzly Peak we headed back to Paradise Pier to actually walk through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter