A Dream (Cruise) Is a Wish Your Heart Makes! *UPDATE*2/12 We Sail Tomorrow!

ElsasMom

Mouseketeer
DH & I sailed on the Dream (5-day Bahamas) in 2012 for our honeymoon:

Who gets up early on their kid-less HM to be 2nd in line for princess pictures? That would be me. :)

Me & DH

Just being ourselves

I didn't know about Disboards then so I don't have a trip report, but here's the PB album: http://s48.photobucket.com/user/babykate82/library/Blog Stuff/Honeymoon?sort=3&page=1

This past summer we took the kids to WDW for the first time:

For our next family vacation we will be going on a 3-day Dream Cruise. We're just waiting on the thumbs up from work and school to book. So I'll put planning updates here.

The "Nerdelmiers":

Me:

Fl native, life long Disney fan :lovestruc, disabled mom and vacation planner/budget keeper of the family. :wave2:

Dh:

Also, born and raised in FL, not the biggest Disney fan (but loves DCL) and HATES crowds. Always wants the best room/balcony/meal/etc budget is not a term he knows while traveling.:beach:

Ds (11):

He's actually DSS, but I've been rasing him since he was a toddler so I'm Mom. He's a good sport if roller coasters are involved and a huge Phineas and Ferb fan, but he's not a huge Disney lover either. He's my high energy, inventor who's starting middle school next year! :joker:

DD (4):

She's 100% her mother's daughter, a hardcore fan of all things Disney. My sweet little Mini Me. She asked if we caught a leprechaun this St. Patrick's Day if we could use his gold to go back to Disney! I'm surprising her with a trip to WDW for her 5th bday with her BFF. princess:

I'll post my planning process for our first family cruise here. Thank you to everyone for all of your PTR and TRs I've already started reading them and taking notes. :surfweb:

DH is clear to take some vacation days for the dates I wanted :thumbsup2 Now, confirmation from school and I'll give our TA friend the deposit! :banana:

Planning ahead is soooo much more fun! When we went on our last Disney cruise we didn't think we'd have the budget for a honeymoon because we paid for the wedding ourselves, but about a week or two before the wedding something we'd been waiting on FINALLY came through (Magic!) :wizard: Just like that we'd paid in full and off to the Bahamas! :boat:

This time I have time and Disboards :lovestruc I'm really looking forward to getting crafty with some door magnets and shirts for the kids too. Now, I just have to decide whether to do a quick girls trip to WDW in May (Discovery Disney tickets) or put the deposit on the cruise a little sooner.

I know this isn't exactly DCL related, but honestly it's hard not to get Disney on the brain, more so than I already did :hyper: using the Dis :disrocks: and jump at any viable opportunity to go. Ahem, I'm referring to those Discovery Disney tickets $43 a day?!? It would be painful to ignore such a thing. :banana:

I booked our tickets yesterday because after many days of stalking :surfweb: I was able to get an early Ressie to Akershus :banana: so DD & I have 3-day tickets. We're going to have our girl's day in June after all.princess:

A 3day trip with two nights at a hotel and a character breakfast are not in budget right now so it has to be 3 day trips.

I was worried :worried: that I had a day trip in June and two other days at WDW to use (what a problem, huh?), but that didn't last long because I called my DCus-in-law who has a Weekday Day Pass to WDW and her DD is 2. It turns out she was planning a trip on Thurs! We're going to AK in TWO DAYS! pixiedust:

It'll be my first time (& DD's) to Ak :simba:. We got ADR for Rainforest Cafe too. I'm super excited. My DD & hers are hardcore Minnie fans I can't wait to get pictures! :earsgirl:

Here they are Minnie's biggest fans DD4 & DNiece 2 :

I can't tell you, after orchestrating plans for DCL in 2015 and DD Bday surprise trip in Sept and all the debating getting Discovery Disney tickets (it's a hard deal to pass up), what a relief it is to just go! One day, no hotels, no vacation time requests, no dragging a grumpy DH. I just can't wait to get my Disney fix! :)

I'll get back to our DCL planning after I run away to WDW for the day!

TR is in my signature if you're interested.

DD4 (aka RR) with Pluto @ AK

RR & DNiece2 (aka MM) with Mickey & Minnie

MM & RR sporting their new Minnie ears

Seven Days after AK, the same crew hit the :flower1: Flower & Garden Festival :sunny: at Epcot.:flower3:

10003135_10152321031469868_1719535908_n.jpg

1969320_10152321033319868_985629299_n.jpg

1977348_10152321029299868_1099612797_n.jpg

8016_10152321034269868_289449793_n.jpg

It was amazing day! :woohoo: Epcot has always been one of my favorite places on Earth. :banana: I'll start my TR as soon as I finish my DCL :boat: updates & add it to my signature.

So, the day after I went to Epcot we booked our cruise! :cloud9:

It's Official!!

It's REALLY HAPPENING!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Yesterday also happened to be our anniversary :love2: Best. Present. Ever. :love::love:

The Cabin

We're sailing 2/13-2/16 on the Disney Dream :sail:to the Bahamas we have a 4A category room on Deck 10 (DH won) It's Mid ship near the elevator (so I kind of won too).

Dining

I originally thought early dining b/c the last time I sailed with my kids they were 6 & 1 we sailed (Not a Disney Cruise) w/family we wanted to all eat together. 8pm dinner was misery for the kids. After I told the TA early dining DH said he disagreed. (he always brings up good points after the fact so not the last minute was a good change of pace).

This time we'll be sailing with a 5 & 12yr old and having to stop whatever we're doing at 4:30 to get to dinner may make our 3 days seem shorter. I hadn't thought about it that way at all. :idea: I decided it was a good point, late dining it is.

Let the countdown begin! :hourglass :beach:

First Thing's First!

I don't know what other families do after booking their DCL maybe they toast with champagne or high five or look for their passports....Not me.

After quietly freaking out, that it's really happening (so I didn't tip off the kids) :banana::cool1::woohoo::mickeyjum

I began pondering pirate: Pirate Night. Truth be told, when I suggested the trip I started thinking about it. It was one of the things that caught us off guard the first time. We only had the bandannas we were given

538906_10150710793824868_255039577_n.jpg

In case it's not obvious we had a lot of fun! We're much more of a pirate: "Pirate Night Family" pirate: than a "Formal Night" family.

This time I wanted to be prepared for Pirate Night. I already had my eye on DD's outfit. We pre-ordered the new :tink: Pirate Fairy movie :tink: a while back and I saw this:

So, in celebration of booking the cruise I bought it (& the accessories) Also because in light of how difficult getting any Anna & Elsa costumes is I thought obtaining before the DVD comes out (and well before Halloween) would be easier. Also, because it was a free shipping weekend for DS and I had a coupon code.

I was even able to score these adorable boots on clearance ($6!) to go with it!

One adorable Pirate Fairy down, three Buccaneers to go...pirate: pirate: pirate:

DS is trickier because he won't want to look like all the other kids so no Capt Hook or Capt Jack. He loves squid (he had a squid party when he turned 10) so DH and I were sure if asked, he would want to be Davy Jones.

I found a ton of over priced masks and adult sized options while DH explained why it would be impractical to let him be Davy Jones. Then I found this:

We're still thinking it over, but I say let him be Davy Jones for Halloween (he'd love it!) and then re-use it for Pirate night.

As for us big people, I have no idea....yet

My initial purchases have started arriving :thumbsup2

Here's DD's Pirate Fairy Costume and my Disney Cruise Line Tumbler

Here's DD's Pirate Boots

This is the adorable Ariel bathing suit I got DD on a Disney resale FB group.

Also on their way are our door magnets!

HI I have a PTR going also LOL following along ;)
ON this cruise we are not going to dinner on pirates night so not sure if Maddie is going to dress up this trip or not but the boots you got, look just like the ones Maddie had..... not sure you can see them or not lol

Hi, dawne98 :wave2:

That picture is adorable!! Those boots do look similar. Great minds ;)

Thanks for following! :thumbsup2

love the door magnets did you do them your self? I need to get a few done for our door's too.... and just wondering how you did it.....

Well, I know there's a dis-igns board where you can request things and then use them for whatever you want, but I bought these from an etsy store. I did a Google search for Disney Door Magnets which took me to Ariel blowing bubbles on Pinterest and then to Etsy. I told her what I wanted and it was around $15 and I had them in just under a week.

But you can DIY any picture you want onto magnet sheets from the office supply store. I did it for my magnetic poetry save the dates when I got married.

Well, I know there's a dis-igns board where you can request things and then use them for whatever you want, but I bought these from an etsy store. I did a Google search for Disney Door Magnets which took me to Ariel blowing bubbles on Pinterest and then to Etsy. I told her what I wanted and it was around $15 and I had them in just under a week.

But you can DIY any picture you want onto magnet sheets from the office supply store. I did it for my magnetic poetry save the dates when I got married.

I am NOT a DIY girl at all :rotfl: was it $15 each or for all? I did get on Etsy and look about and I found a few I really like;)
FYI we have been looking at going on the Wonder out of Miami on Feb 11 to the 15 we would save a lot of it do Wonder out of Miami (seeing how we live in Miami lol) I am just waiting to hear from my sister to day yes ....

I have a new ticker!

:hmghost:We booked our room (POP) and tickets last night for our first ever MNSSHP!! :hmghost:

We're escaping the kids overnight to party at the Mouse's House. SOOOOO excited. Disney Date night :lovestruc:love:My reluctant DH even agreed to be Kristoff since I'm going as Anna, HURRAY!! :love:

We're never stayed on property before and we've never been to MNSSHP! So many firsts. I'll be a nice break from NOT being at :mickeyjum Disney!:mickeyjum

Ok, so I was going to save the Zarina costume for Christmas when I'm planning to give the kids stuff for the cruise, but this is the last week of camp and they're having dress up themes everyday. Today was Princesses and Pirates! I had to give it to her. Oh, the cute! princess: pirate:

This costume is so much prettier in person then it looked online! The wings have soft adjustable straps (like a bra) and huge sequins that sparkle when she walks. There's just so much pretty going on. I love it. Aren't the boots I got perfect? :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter