A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes... 9/13 PTR... BOTH COASTS in ONE week

Jenna319

DIS Veteran
I am your host..... your GHOST host.... :)

My name is Jenna and I am pretty much OBSESSED with everything Disney related.

If I see an outlet mall, I am heading straight to the Disney outlet.....

I am going to be purchasing my 1st iPhone this month, I'm already on eBay looking for Disney iPhone covers....

I tend to see Hidden Mickeys in the most random of places (i.e. lamp-plug sockets)....

My daily wardrobe consists of some form of Disney paraphernalia (Yes, I own a Disney Dooney).....

I check the disboards on a daily basis and I go on Disneyworld.com every day to see if any new ADRs pop up for our upcoming visit, specifically Be Our Guest & Ohana.....

I take out Disney books from the library very often, doesn't matter if I've read them multiple times already.....

If I see a Main Street, I'm thinking the Magic Kingdom.....

If I smell oranges, I think of Soarin'......

You get the picture, and if you've done any of these things, then you are just as bad as me! You have been diagnosed with DISNEY FEVER!!!!

There is no cure, the only remedy is to get to Disney property.... STAT.

I have been to Orlando, FL more times than most people have been to their local Cineplex.
Starting from when I was a little girl, Mickey was always my number one guy.

But I don't discriminate when it comes to Disney characters.....

I was lucky enough to find a guy who not only puts up with my Disney obsession but encourages it! I have turned my husband, John, into a full-blown Disney addict as well and that's why we are so good together. He has gradually learned that he is not allowed to start eating his dinner until I have taken a picture of it first.

We don't listen to those "Try Someplace New Next Trip" and "There's More to Life than Disney World" people..... we know that once a year, usually whether we can afford it or NOT, we are heading back to Disney property.

So please relax, pull up a chair, and let the dining room proudly present.... my pre-trip report!

So as you can tell from my title, we are heading to both WDW and DLR in September BUT my DH does not know this. It is going to be a total surprise. You see, my hubby is a hugeeeeeee LA Dodgers fan, and I found the perfect opportunity to surprise him with a trip to LA for the weekend. But we will get to that later..... 1st, let me introduce ourselves......

As I said before, my name is Jenna and I'm 31 years old.... I've been to WDW approximately 25 times in my life and DLR 4 times. I am a WDW gal at heart but I find DLR super charming and can't wait to get back there! Since this will also be a WDW trip report, I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place, but we end up at DLR, so please, be patient with me! I think you will find both parts of my trip enjoyable if you are a true Disney fanatic. :)

My husband is John and he is 35 years old. We are both big kids at heart. My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom at WDW, John's is hands-down, Epcot. We both adore the World Showcase.

I tend to have a surprise or two under my belt for my husband each Disney trip. Some may call this spoiling him but I just call it fun. I love seeing his face when I surprise him! On our honeymoon, I had personalized menus made up at the Coral Reef restaurant in Epcot and a diver held up a sign for him in front of our booth during dinner.

One trip, I surprised him with his favorite car as our rental:

Another time, I planned a personalized scavenger hunt around Epcot.

Our last trip, I surprised him with a trip on the Goodyear blimp.

So let's just say, it's getting pretty difficult to top my surprises!!! But this year, I think I've hit the jackpot!

Here is what John THINKS is happening:

Saturday, 9/21: We are leaving for Orlando and staying 5 nights at the Boardwalk Villas, renting points. Spending our 1st night at Universal Orlando CityWalk, dinner at Margaritaville, and an 8pm show to see Russell Brand at the Hard Rock Café.
Sunday, 9/22: Lunch at T-Rex, Dinner at Via Napoli
Monday, 9/23: Dinner at Akershus
Tuesday, 9/24: Breakfast at Ohana, Dinner at Raglan Road, Spending the night at Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Wednesday, 9/25: Dinner at Ohana
Thursday, 9/26: Checking out of the Boardwalk and transferring over to the Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights.
Sunday, 9/29: Heading home to Chicago. :(

Here is what is ACTUALLY happening:
Saturday, 9/21: We are leaving for Orlando and staying 5 nights at the Boardwalk Villas, renting points. Spending our 1st night at Universal Orlando CityWalk, dinner at Margaritaville, and an 8pm show to see Russell Brand at the Hard Rock Café.
Sunday, 9/22: Lunch at T-Rex, Dinner at Via Napoli
Monday, 9/23: Dinner at Akershus
Tuesday, 9/24: Breakfast at Ohana, Dinner at Raglan Road, Spending the night at Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
Wednesday, 9/25: Dinner at Ohana
Thursday, 9/26: Checking out of the Boardwalk at 3:30am and catching a 6:10am flight to Orange County, checking into the Disneyland Hotel for 3 nights. Spending the day & night at Disneyland/DCA.
Friday, 9/27: Warner Brothers Studio tour & Dodger game at night
Saturday, 9/28: Disneyland/DCA during the day, Dodger game at night
Sunday, 9/29: Heading home to Chicago.

I have decided to tell him at our Ohana dinner on 9/25, our last night in WDW (but not that he knows), what our actual plan is. I will tell him I have a belated bday card for him (his bday is 9/8) and let him open the card over dinner that has our Dodger tickets in the card. I cannot WAIT to see his face!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter