A dream is a wish your heart makes. . . Trip report

EvilinaDM101

I LOVE Disney, Lilo and Stitch, Depeche Mode and m
Alright everyone! Keep your eye on this thread! Here is the beginning of Our Fairy Tale Wedding Trip report. I hope they don't bore everyone too much! :sunny:

Our Fairy tale wedding trip report

Cast (so far)
Me- 23 about to be 24 on 10/31 Disney freak and the bride
Joey- 25 Disney freak and the groom

Thursday 10/13 and part of Friday 10/14

Day 1 the trip down.

We arrived at the airport with no major problems. Our flight was at 11:50pm, the red eye. We’ve always flown the red eye to Orlando because we always liked the fact that we weren’t missing any time flying. Grant it you don’t sleep all that well on the plane but when we land in Orlando, regardless of how much or less sleep we get we are always pumped up with excitement.
SO, back to being at the airport, we arrive with plenty of time to spare. Did I mention that we LOVE Delta Song? Delta Song has been SOOOO good to us. When we got to the airport, we kinda realized that we had OVER the amount of carry-on goodies and we were silently praying they didn’t say anything. This is what we had; we had my dress, item number 1. We had my GIGANTIC (kinda looked like a rolled up sleeping bag) crinoline, item number 2. We had a HUGE gift bag that carried our personalized ears, our glass unity candleholders, my rehearsal bouquet that was made from our wedding shower gift ribbons and a few last minute items I forgot to pack, item number 3. We both had actual carry-on rolling suitcases, item 4 and item 5. I was also strapped with my huge messenger bag and my camera. Once we got up to the gate to board the plane (fully loaded) the first words out of the flight attendants mouth were “Congratulations!!” I turned and looked at Joey and with a sigh of relief said “thank you!” They then had someone assist us on to the plane with all our things. I forgot that when I booked our flight that I had mentioned that I would be carrying on my wedding dress. And I also forgot that booking a flight took over an hour because the Delta Song reservation agent was so excited to meet an actual person that was getting married at Disney World and she had to know every single detail about our up coming wedding. So I guess she put a note next to our names? Whatever she did we are extremely grateful! We boarded the plane and had a great flight to MCO.

So with all that said here are some airport/plane pictures. Oh and a friend of ours met us at the airport with a last minute gift, she gave me the book, Chicken Soup for the Bride’s Soul. So far everything was off to a great start!

f1bcbddf.jpg

My dear friend Thelma. She was actually a bridesmaid til she had to back out due to Midterms falling on the week of the wedding.

f1bcbddd.jpg

Joey reading a sappy story from the Chicken Soup for the Brides Soul book.

f1bcbde0.jpg

Here we are on the plane and Joey is ready for a nap.

I couldn't sleep (not a surprise), so I decided to take pictures of the Las Vegas Strip as we took off.
f1bcbda9.jpg
f1bcbdab.jpg
f1bcbda8.jpg
f1bcbd92.jpg

I took a few more but I think you get the gist. Had my camera for about 3 years now and I'm still playing with the settings. :rolleyes:

For those that have never flown Delta Song, each seat gets their own personal touch screen tv. You can watch TV, movies, create and listen to a variety of MP3's, play games and track your every move with the GPS system.
f1bcbd66.jpg
f1bcbd64.jpg

Look who finally woke up!!
f1bcbcdd.jpg

Not a good awake picture
f1bcbceb.jpg

Stay tuned for more :teeth:

I am sooooo excited for you, More please!!!!

:groom: :bride:

Jodie

Friday 10/14

We are finally “home”!!

We arrived in Orlando with no problems. As soon as we got off the plane we were hit with a wall of humidity, something that we don’t have in Las Vegas. Wow, sure does feel great feeling like you just stepped out of the shower without that fresh feeling. <Insert sarcasm here> we make our way through the terminal like Disney Magical Express pros and head straight to the desk. There was about 4 CM’s behind the desk and 2 other guests. We check in with no problems and she notices all our carry-on goodies. We then explain to her that we are getting married and get an all around “Congratulations!” We are then off and on our way to Pop Century. The first time we rode Magical Express was on May 5th. The kick off for the Happiest Celebration on Earth and we were the first to ride the ME to the Pop Century. During that time they were still working out the bugs and we did not see the great welcome video. This time we did. Automatically seeing Lilo and Stitch on the video I transformed into a 4 year old and was squealing with joy!! I could not wait!! We arrived at the resort and checked-in. We were really early and none of our rooms were available. No problem! We dropped off our luggage and we phoned FFIL. FFIL is scheduled to come sometime that morning to take us to get our marriage license. While waiting, we wander around the resort and end up back in the front of the Pop Century were we do some hula hooping and chalk art. Here are some pictures.

On the tram at the airport
f1bcbcb9.jpg
f1bcbc6a.jpg

From the tram, OUR PLANE!
f1bcbc64.jpg

ME
f1bcbc57.jpg

f1bcbbdb.jpg
f1bcbbd1.jpg

Coming through the gateway!! It's not raining, it was the humidity!! :umbrella:
f1bcbb94.jpg

Arriving at Pop Century
f1bcbb41.jpg
f1bcbb33.jpg
f1bcbb13.jpg

Calling FFIL/ Joey's Dad
f1bcbafd.jpg

Look what I bought before even checking in!! :teeth:
f1bcbb0b.jpg

Hangin around the resort
f1bcbae2.jpg
f1bcba85.jpg

The chalk art
f1bcba77.jpg
f1bcba9d.jpg

Hula Hooping time!
f1b762f6.jpg
f1b762bb.jpg

While hula hooping the cutest little boy came up and just took Joey's Hula Hoop.
f1b762f7.jpg
Joey was sad for a moment.

He then got another!
f1b76288.jpg

Umm I was kinda dreading putting this picture on but Joey says that if he's on here that I should be too

f1b76269.jpg

Note to self, hula hooping in humidity don’t go well together.

Stay tuned for the rest of the day!

awesome trip report so far! I can't wait til we get the big day's description.

Definitely subscribing to this post! I love seeing all the pictures of your trip while reading about it!

Great Report!

OT: ely3827 when did you find all 7 dwarfs together that is awsome i would love a shot like that.

You are doing a great job at the report! I am loving it and the pictures! Keep up the good work

MORE MORE! :banana: :Pinkbounc I am so excited..I also am subscribing to this thread...Can't wait to enjoy the BIG day "with" you! :teeth:

So exciting!! Looks like you two were having so much fun :) I'm sorry you have to be back so soon---but love reading about your wedding trip so far!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter