A favor from your cousins overseas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoBelle1

My beast never turned into a Prince. Remember, it
Now that I've got your attention, I wanted to ask if you would mind terribly in sharing your UK Community Board with those of us who regularly post on the DVC Community Board? For some unknown motivation, the mods have changed the DVC Community Board to a PLANNING board and want us to post our funloving nothing and hanname type threads over on the BIG Community Board. None of us much like that board...to much arguing.

So, to make a point that if the Teens have a community board and the UK has a community board that it sure would be nice for DVC'ers to have our long standing community board, I thought we might come over here for a visit until the mods take their heads out of their mickey ears and come to their senses.

Would anyone here be offended? I'm far from a disruptive soul, but the fact that a couple of mods decided that the DVC ers didn't need a place to 'hang out' really feels wrong. I suppose I am suggesting a form of passive resistance, but I would want you all to weigh in on how you'd feel about this first.

Thanks!

ColoradoBelle1 said:
None of us much like that board...to much arguing.
"snip"
I thought we might come over here for a visit until the mods take their heads out of their mickey ears and come to their senses.
Ouch. You do realize that you can come on over to the "regular" community board, and just not post on the threads where there is arguing?

Of course I realize that. But, the regular community boards just doesn't feel like family. It's a group of Dis-ers who don't have the smaller distinction of being 'teens' or 'Brits' or 'DVCers'. The sub groups aren't snobby or closed or anything; just a group of friends who like to hang out here on the Dis and who care about each other's lives. The Community Board is its own genre.

I'm rather wanked that the mods decided to cut out the DVC board and no others and sort of spread the different threads on that board about rather randomly.

Not sure what 'ouch' refers to exactly, but I thought it would make a point without making a fuss IYKWIM.

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I feel it would totally change our community. The DVC Community is much bigger than our little group and the boards much faster moving. Our community would quite easily be swallowed up. I think it would just have the effect of moving your community over here and ours could easily disappear.

I think you're just going to have to continue your dialogue with the mods.

UKDEB said:
Sorry to be a spoilsport, but I feel it would totally change our community. The DVC Community is much bigger than our little group and the boards much faster moving. Our community would quite easily be swallowed up. I think it would just have the effect of moving your community over here and ours could easily disappear.

Really sorry but I tend to agree with UKDEB. The users of the UKCommunuity Boards are a small group and I think we'd be completely lost among the DVC Community.

Keep at the Mods and maybe they'll eventually realise you need your own again.

UKDEB said:

Sorry to say but I agree with Deb too.

I agree as well, the other community board moves so fast it can be hard to follow anything, if loads of people come on here the same thing will happen which would be a shame as we are like a little family here!

Absolutely, I often go over to the us community board to have a see what they're discussing and I'm often shocked by the amount of people who just argue and debate ALL the time, I've seen so many posters get shot down for asking an innocent question, at least over here we're all friendly :grouphug:

i very rarely venture over to the other boards, whilst we welcome posts/visits from other communities i would hope the uk board stays as nice as it is :)

I agree with the majority. I hate to be a spoilsport, but dont really think it is appropriate to "invade" our little group with a BIG BIG group like the DVC community.

I do think you have been unfairly treated, and I hope you can sort something out with the mods. We have a lovely small group here, and the DVC community is huge...it would take over even if you didnt mean it to.

No offence meant and I really hope you get it sorted ASAP.

Sorry to be a spoil sport but I woul prefer if our UK Community Boards stayed as it is.

Sorry Colorado Belle, but I also agree with the others. No offence meant and I hope you will get your own DVC community board soon.

Minniespal said:
Sorry to be a spoil sport but I would prefer if our UK Community Boards stayed as it is.

Sorry to be a party-pooper but I agree with the above, but I really hope you manage to sort out things out with the mods

Hi Colorado Belle!

Whilst I understand your plight I also don't think that this would be the appropriate place to host a general DVC Forum as it doesn't really fit in a logical or dare I say "spiritual" sense in any way.

As always, any members are welcomed with "open arms" here so don't think we are being "obstructive" or secular in any way.

Unlike others, I spend most of my time across many of the forums here but always pop in to help out with any "local" planning help.

Your best course of action would be take this up with the Webmasters or site owners in the first instance.

I wish you well with your endeavours.

Sorry but this is th UK Community Board and if you have issues with the DVC Boards I suggest you take them up with the mods of that board or webmasters if you do not wish to use the Main Community Board. :)

ColoradoBelle1 said:
Of course I realize that. But, the regular community boards just doesn't feel like family. It's a group of Dis-ers who don't have the smaller distinction of being 'teens' or 'Brits' or 'DVCers'. The sub groups aren't snobby or closed or anything; just a group of friends who like to hang out here on the Dis and who care about each other's lives. The Community Board is its own genre.

I'm rather wanked that the mods decided to cut out the DVC board and no others and sort of spread the different threads on that board about rather randomly.

Not sure what 'ouch' refers to exactly, but I thought it would make a point without making a fuss IYKWIM.
Not commenting on the general content here but I think that maybe the third word in your second paragraph is like the word "fanny" which has a very different meaning on this side of the Atlantic!!! To be used only with extreme caution!!!
I'd also give my vote to keeping the UK Community board as it is - we are all part of the UK Community and, while we welcome US input very warmly, only a small minority are DVCers so it's not really appropriate. Sorry!!
Have the mods downright refused to let you have a DVC Community board? I'd keep pestering them until they agree!!

I would agree with comments of all my fellow UK Dissers above :)

I would also add that as far as I am aware there are only 3 community boards for Off Topic discussion, those being the main CB, the UK CB and the Canadian CB which is also their trip planning board. All the other boards including the Teen and College boards are supposedly for Disney related discussion and the content of them is meant to be kept under control by the mods. It is up to the discretion of the mods which threads are approriate and which need to be moved.

By all means lobby your mods and the webmasters in relation to your cause for a DVC CB but please don't invade another forum and subvert its intention. You are of course welcome to come over here and post anything that you think has a UK interest or flavour or to take part in any of the existing discussions :)

Alan.

diberry said:
Not commenting on the general content here but I think that maybe the third word in your second paragraph is like the word "fanny" which has a very different meaning on this side of the Atlantic!!! To be used only with extreme caution!!!

:rotfl:

Your responses here are so understandable because you don't want the same thing to happen here as what happened to us at the DVC CB. They just took away our board with no warning!!!!! It could happen anywhere on the boards I guess?!?! I am sure using your boards is not a solution, but thanks for being so nice in your refusals :goodvibes

As you were....

For reference, any post that is obviously not relating to the board they are supposed to inhabit will be moved to the correct board. By all means come over and chat WITH us - we have many US DIS'ers who do such a thing and are always more than welcome, but (as you describe it) 'sharing' someone elses board to passively resist a decision you don't approve of? Nope, sorry.

Any questions regarding forum policy should be made directly to the webmasters (admin@wdwinfo.com) as it's us who make these decisions, not the Moderators and are never debated publicly on the forums. I could just add that it was also probably not your most diplomatic move to tell us all to 'get our heads out of our Mickey Ears' when looking to win us over ;)