• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few first timer questions..

Jrabbit910

Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
Hi All,

I have a few questions that I am hoping can be answered ~ :)

1- The first question might sound silly to some but.. Do cruisers wear Mickey Ears or get dressed in Disney Stye?!?!? I have seen so many pictures of just people wearing matching t shirts but nothing like what I see at the Parks. do they do this on a Disney Cruise ?

2- For the Dream - The Halloween high seas cruise- can someone please tell me if Pirate night still happens? and does other things happen besides the Atrium getting decorated?

3- Meeting the Princesses Gathering & meeting Frozen .. Can someone tell me if the meeting spots are close to each other on the ship? I just want to make sure for timing.

I think that might be all the questions I have for this hour!! LOL :)
TIA!

Hello Welcome!

Congrats in your first cruise. How nice that it is a Halloween one too! We did this last year and again we are going this year.

People do wear Disney t shirts but you are correct not so much with the extra ears, hats that I have noticed. However on DCL it really is a no judge situation for example to dinner in the main MDRs some people like to really dress up and others more casual. I like that everyone is free to express themselves. Nobody looks down their nose.

Are you on the 3 night or 4 night? There is still pirate night on both but on the 3 night the menu does not change ( thank goodnes I don't care for the pirate night menu ) we booked Palos for this night. People do dress in Pirate gear now that is fun!

I do not know about the meet and greet. When we did them they were in the atrium all of them close to each other. That was our experience.

The fun thing about the cruise is that you can go as Disney as you want. Some people, including adults, go very Disney and others not so much. It is totally up to you and have fun with it! We have never taken the Dream, but have had a awesome Halloween on the Wonder. Lots of fun for both kids and adults. On the Wonder, the Frozen meet and greet was in Animator's Palate and the Princess's in the Atrium...just a few minutes walk, but again, not sure how it works on the Dream. Have a great cruise!

2- For the Dream - The Halloween high seas cruise- can someone please tell me if Pirate night still happens? and does other things happen besides the Atrium getting decorated?
As noted, on the 3 & 4 night cruises there's a Pirate night. On the 3 night cruise it's typically the same night that the Halloween activities are. On a 4 night cruise the Pirate and Halloween activities are on separate days.

You can look here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/ to see Navigators from previous cruises for an idea of what sort of activities are offered (and when).

I do as much Disney dressing as I can: shirts, ears, lanyard with pins. Do whatever you would like and have fun with it!

Thank you all so much :) it makes me happy to know a little more about it before going :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter