a few general questions

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
we havent been to WDW since BC the end of Jan 2020

with mobile order is there a way you can charge back to your room--I have a few GC that I want to use for food--in normal times we would charge back to the room and I would go every days to pay down with GC

have there been an recent changes to mobile ordering Ive been practicing so Ill be ready

I take it though shopping isnt any different--just like always you go into the store and buy what catches your eye--can you charge back from shopping

do you have to do mobile order if your just buying a dessert for an evening snack

lastly how do you work stacking of genie+

sorry about the questions youd think this was my first trip--well in a way it is with all the changes

thanks all

we havent been to WDW since BC the end of Jan 2020

with mobile order is there a way you can charge back to your room--I have a few GC that I want to use for food--in normal times we would charge back to the room and I would go every days to pay down with GC

Not 100% but I'm going to say no on this. I know you can use a disney GC to pay for a mobile order but no charging to your room.
have there been an recent changes to mobile ordering Ive been practicing so Ill be ready
No major changes since 2020. If anything it's gotten better since then since it's so widely used now. Just an FYI, some restaurants won't let you inside until your order is ready.
I take it though shopping isnt any different--just like always you go into the store and buy what catches your eye--can you charge back from shopping
Yes, you can do this but disney does have magic mobile now so if you don't use a magic band, or want another payment method, it's essentially MB on your phone or watch. It works just like your MB does to charge to your room. You can also have your tickets on there as well.
do you have to do mobile order if your just buying a dessert for an evening snack
It's recommended but no you don't. There is usually always one register open for those without mobile order but it can be slow.
lastly how do you work stacking of genie+
Varies by park but you'll essentially want to have an alarm on your phone to remind you when to book and just remember, you can't pick the time so if you don't like the time you got, you either keep it or cancel and take the gamble on getting a better suited time for you. Do play with the Genie app to familiarize yourself with it and get comfortable but you can stack for later in the day/evening visits, just takes a little getting used to the app.
sorry about the questions youd think this was my first trip--well in a way it is with all the changes

thanks all

Disney now allows people inside of the QSR’s so you don’t have to mobile order anymore. It may be faster, though. If you order at a register, then you can charge it back to your room.

This just happened today at Universal Mobile order but has also been difficult at WDW… they seem to make it difficult to apply the AP discounts, etc … so we give up and pay full price.

I save the gc number in my phone (under a saved text to myself or on my notepad) then just copy the number to put it in when i mobile order. It stinks that you cant have it remember a gc!
That's exactly what we did when we went last year.

Disney now allows people inside of the QSR’s so you don’t have to mobile order anymore. It may be faster, though. If you order at a register, then you can charge it back to your room.

While not required anymore, it was SOOOO convenient! Sometimes there were long lines at the restaurants and I could just mobile order while standing there (or while going to grab a table) and BAM, ready in a minute and just go pick it up. I didn't think I'd like it but I ended up using it at every quick service but one during our week-long trip.

While not required anymore, it was SOOOO convenient! Sometimes there were long lines at the restaurants and I could just mobile order while standing there (or while going to grab a table) and BAM, ready in a minute and just go pick it up. I didn't think I'd like it but I ended up using it at every quick service but one during our week-long trip.
Agreed! It is so much easier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter