A few honeymoon questions

dopey&eeyorefanatic

Earning My Ears
First off I'm new here. I lurk all the time but never actually registered till now. Fi and I are intrested in honeymooning in Disney World and I was wondering 2 questions the first is since the Wildernes Lodge has only 4 honeymoon suites how early should I book my honeymoon there and my second question is since they are on the 7th floor concierge level then you get that service right? Also anyone who has stayed at Wildernes in the Honeymoon suite is it really worth the money?

Thank you!

~ Lisa

:confused: :earsgirl: :confused: :earsgirl: :confused: :earsgirl:

We stayed at one of the WL honeymoon rooms last August for our honeymoon. We had it booked I think somewheer around 9-12 months in advance and I would suggest you book one NOW. You can always cancel if you decide against it.

Sent in a room request to theroom controller a few days in advance for room 7084. We indeed got this room. There are actually 4 rooms , not suites. No suites. Here are some highlights from our wedding recaps about it:

"Our room, 7084 (one of the honeymoon rooms), was ready at the WL when we got there, around 10:15 in the morning, and someone from the concierge staff came down to get us and show us to our room. It was kind of neat, b/c our room cards worked as our elevator keys to get to the closed 7th floor, concierge level.
The room was a lot darker than our GF room. ... I didn’t like the Southwestern bedspread, or the wallpaper in the bathroom. The walls were papered with a green ivy design, and I thought that if they’d gone with just cream walls, it would have looked a lot brighter. Everything was just really dark...
The other thing that bothered me about the WL were the amenities – they had the same ones that the All Star resorts had. That watery stuff in the red & black bottle called Shampoo/Conditioner, that does nothing but leave a sticky finish on your hair. I wish I had realized that the GF was the only deluxe hotel with real shampoo & conditioner, so that I would have just packed it from there to carry over to the WL.
The nice things about the room were the Jacuzzi tub – very big & luxurious, and the private balcony. No one else could see our balcony, which was really nice, since it felt like our own private spot. We could see the GF, the Contemporary, and Space Mountain from the balcony of our room, and when it was night time, could kind of see the castle through the trees, but only b/c of it being lit up.... [another evening] We sat on our balcony & watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks. It was a great view, perfect, very quiet, peaceful, and secluded. The weather was great, clear skies, nice cool breeze. For the first time, we found ourselves really appreciating the Wilderness Lodge’s charm. Up until then, we had been comparing it to the Grand Floridian, to its detriment, but this was something that we could never have done at the Grand Floridian. The view was beautiful, and the privacy and quiet were amazing. After the fireworks were over, we sat out a little bit longer, then came back in and enjoyed a nice long soak in the Jacuzzi tub."

I believe this and maybe one of the other rooms were the only ones to have that view. All in all, we preferred GF concierge much more, which is where we stayed the 3 nights prior to the WL. Had we done the reverse (WL and then GF) we probably would have liked it better.
Hope that helps!
-Andrew

we spent 1 week of our honeymoon at WL too:) not in the honeymoon room though.....but we had a fantastic room and were more than happy with it. We had a view right across the lagoon and watched the sunrise more than once from our balcony....bliss!:)

Have agreat time:)

We booked our honeymoon room about 10 months in advance. We'll be there in september!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter