A few questions about upcoming stay....

KateSpade79

Mouseketeer
Is housekeeping coming in to service rooms? Laundry areas open? Are the shuffleboard,ping pong tables, pool games areas open? Are the resort arcades open? Pool hopping still allowed?

I can't confirm anything either - hopefully someone will be by to share recent experiences. Also, each resort has its own ongoing thread on this board, so check those as well for recent reports.

I would be very surprised if things like the arcade, ping pong, and shuffleboard are open. I know Disney is doing a modified housekeeping, servicing rooms every other day I believe, so I would expect Universal resorts to do that a minimum.

Pools are open, 8AM-11PM at Royal Pacific. Not sure about pool hopping but I think it is still allowed.

No housekeeping but you can text for anything you want-new towels, bags for trash, shampoo, etc and it is delivered very promptly to your room door.

Not sure about arcades and other entertainment.

We stayed at Surfside this weekend and here is what I found:

-Housekeeping is unavailable, but if you need anything call the front desk and they will send somebody your way.
-The pool was open. I'm not really sure about the ping-pong table they had out there though.
-The arcade was closed.

I know that did not answer all the questions, but I hope it was at least a little bit of help.

We stayed at Surfside this weekend and here is what I found:

-Housekeeping is unavailable, but if you need anything call the front desk and they will send somebody your way.
-The pool was open. I'm not really sure about the ping-pong table they had out there though.
-The arcade was closed.

I know that did not answer all the questions, but I hope it was at least a little bit of help.

When they bring stuff to your room, are we suppose to tip and how much? We are staying for 10 nights starting next week. Want to make sure I bring enough cash.

When they bring stuff to your room, are we suppose to tip and how much? We are staying for 10 nights starting next week. Want to make sure I bring enough cash.

We called for extra pillows and they were dropped at the door. The employee knocked and was halfway down the hall before we could open the door. They told us they're trying to be contactless. That would mean no tipping necessary.

I really enjoyed staying at Surfside. The extra space was really nice. The shuttle service was actually quite nice, as well, which was unexpected. I think it may have been faster than going through the water taxi or garden path options at the other hotels, and you have AC while you travel. However, the beds, blanket, towels, and pillows at RPR are MUCH nicer. And the walls at Surfside are paper thin. It's not so bad at the moment, with the social distancing and nothing at capacity. But I bet it would get real bad real quick during a standard capacity year. Bring your own towels and bedding,and a white noise machine, and it's worth every penny. Again, I really enjoyed staying there much more than I thought I would.

I really enjoyed staying at Surfside. The extra space was really nice. The shuttle service was actually quite nice, as well, which was unexpected. I think it may have been faster than going through the water taxi or garden path options at the other hotels, and you have AC while you travel. However, the beds, blanket, towels, and pillows at RPR are MUCH nicer. And the walls at Surfside are paper thin. It's not so bad at the moment, with the social distancing and nothing at capacity. But I bet it would get real bad real quick during a standard capacity year. Bring your own towels and bedding,and a white noise machine, and it's worth every penny. Again, I really enjoyed staying there much more than I thought I would.
Thank you for your review. While I am not going to bring my own bedding, a white noise machine is doable and a great idea.

It might even be cool to to stay at Endless Summer on a non-parks trip because it’s so inexpensive but still has great theming. I wonder how many people would want to use it as a base for other Orlando attractions.

Just stayed at HRH this week - texting was the preferred mode of contact to the front desk - they texted us a welcome message the first day. Then throughout our stay I would text that number when we needed anything - towels, shampoo/conditioner, etc. They would leave by the door and we would get when we got back to the room! And we would leave the dirty towels outside the door for them to pick up. All contactless, no need to tip. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter