A few random questions...

skellinton

DIS Veteran
We will be in DL in a week and I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer.

Do the Cars characters appear in costume all day, or only during OBB?

Does the special Mission Breakout thing happen only during OBB or every night?

This one is super weird, but I loved the bathroom in Bug's Land are there other bathrooms with that kind of clever theming? I loved the voices telling you to wash all your hands and the skittering noises. If I am going to use a public bathroom I appreciate a little razzle dazzle!

Does Toon Town still open after the rest of the park?

Is there any place I need to mobile order from way in advance? How much time should I allow for mobile ordering?

Thank you. You guys have been such a great resource. I can't believe after three canceled trips I should actually be in the parks next week! Bring on the nervous/excited/lack of sleep days to come!

I'm not sure about the OBB questions, but to answer a couple others...

The restrooms at Galaxy's Edge are really cool. They don't make neat sounds like the Bug's Land ones, but it's like you're really on another planet! (A utilitarian space port where you could be on the run from the Empire...)

When I mobile ordered, nothing ever had a super long wait but I suppose that could depend on the time of day. If there's somewhere you definitely want to eat it wouldn't hurt to place your order on the early side.

I'm so happy for you that your trip is finally happening :)

I think the Carsland characters meet in their outfits for regular day guests.

Mission breakout changes over daily at 3pm with the last regular show queue entrance at 2pm.

Toontown now opens with the park since MMRR opened. It will also closed for about 2 hours for fireworks and then reopen after on nights when there are fireworks.

Every time we've been to Carsland, we've been able to meet Tow Mater, Lightning McQueen, or Cruz Ramirez - sometimes two. I think they regularly rotate through the characters.

When I mobile ordered, nothing ever had a super long wait but I suppose that could depend on the time of day. If there's somewhere you definitely want to eat it wouldn't hurt to place your order on the early side.

Cafe Orleans is about the only restaurant that I recall taking over 10 minutes, but that was also right after Mobile Order became more common.

I've heard Harbour Galley is much quicker for in person orders, so if there's no line, it might make more sense to walk up vs MO.

Is there any place I need to mobile order from way in advance? How much time should I allow for mobile ordering?

Usually you can get mobile orders out 10 to 20 min. Can get worse at peak dinner times.

I've run into a few delays with mobile orders at the following -

Gibson Gril Ice Cream (Main Street DL) - can get busy around mid day and the parades. I usually try and plan ahead for our walk through the park and we somehow never really plan for this to happen but we time it just right to sit down and enjoy the treat around parade time (3pm ish).

FLO V8 Cafe - Can have some delay's during peak evening (pre and post Sh Boom).

Tiana's Palace - It's new but most reviews say that right now the mobile order fills up quick for the entire day.

Docking bay - can have some 10 to 15 min waits through the day. We like to get our Ronto Wraps first and then head into Docking to order some more stuff.. Or are the wraps orders at docking. This is where I may mix up WDW vs DL...

Bengal Barbecue - had to wait about 30 min for our order on our last trip. It took about that long to get a table so it worked out :)

Cafe Orleans is about the only restaurant that I recall taking over 10 minutes, but that was also right after Mobile Order became more common.

Do you mean Royal Street Veranda? Or the formerly known as French Market now reimagined as Tiana's Palace? Cafe Orleans is table service 😬

I'm not sure about the OBB questions, but to answer a couple others...

The restrooms at Galaxy's Edge are really cool. They don't make neat sounds like the Bug's Land ones, but it's like you're really on another planet! (A utilitarian space port where you could be on the run from the Empire...)

I'm so happy for you that your trip is finally happening :)

At the WDW SWGE restrooms you can hear the dianoga (creature from the garbage masher scene int he first Star Wars) making noises and such. They use them on big ships etc. to eat garbage and sewage.

We have been to DL several times during Halloween including the last couple of years, but have never done OBB. We have for sure seen the Mater character each time. Sometimes he is parked and you can take pictures, other times he is driving through Cars Land with an entourage of people helping get people out of the way.

Thanks for the info about the Cars characters, I will definitely check out Cars Land at night, I just wasn't sure if I needed to make time to see them dressed up during OBB.
Thank you!

it's not heavily themed, like no sound effects that I've noticed, but i really love the bathrooms behind Alice In Wonderland. I think they're adorable with their playing card doors and queen of hearts theme...
Thank you, I will check them out when the potty break is necessary in fantasyland. I appreciate a good theme, even if there isn't noise.

Tiana's Palace - It's new but most reviews say that right now the mobile order fills up quick for the entire day.
I wouldn't mobile order at Tiana's Palace - at least not right now. Things might change, but last Sunday, mobile orders were served in plastic to-go containers, not on plates. On Sunday, mobile order guests could not sit at the tables in the fenced in patio.

Last edited:
The return time for Jolly Holiday can get quite long on a busy day. And high demand items are often only available through mobile ordering earlier in the morning. (Similar to during the holidays when the gingerbread men show up on mobile only for a few minutes). So if you don't see something later on the app, it's not necessarily that it's unavailable. You just have to line up in person for them. Sometimes if I know I want something for later or to take home, I order first think in the morning and edit the time for later in the day.

Somewhat related, currently the Japanese cheesecake (yummy if you like that type of texture and not-so-sweetness, which I do!) at Aunt Cass Cafe is not on mobile at all, unlike the other menu items. So unfortunately if you want to try it, you'll have to join the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter