A few Six Flags Questions

iheartdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi. We're headed up to Six Flags in a few weeks, a big family thing, my MIL is taking all of her kids and grandkids, and I just had a few questions, I've never been up there.
1. Is it really as bad as everyone says it is? Will we be needing to wear Kevlar, and remain on heightened security?
2. Is there enough there for my DD3 and DS2 to do without melting down from strollershock?
3. Is there any kind of Park Hopper ticket to let us into the water park and theme park in one day?
4. What is the best thing there?

1. So long as you avoid weekends and especially weekend evenings, you should be fine.

2. Haven't really looked at Bugs Bunny World, but other than that, no.

3. Don't think so, but check their website to be sure.

4. I loved X, Scream, Riddler's Revenge, Batman, and Superman. I think I would have loved Tatsu if my restraint had been another notch tighter, but I felt a bit unsecure.

You didn't ask about their food, but it's AWFUL and expensive. Also, the employees there (refer to them as cast members and they'll look at you funny) are pretty inept when it comes to guest relations/customer service. The most inept, greenest, and/or having a really bad day DLR CM is better than the average SFMM employee.

iheartdisney said:
Hi. We're headed up to Six Flags in a few weeks, a big family thing, my MIL is taking all of her kids and grandkids, and I just had a few questions, I've never been up there.
1. Is it really as bad as everyone says it is? Will we be needing to wear Kevlar, and remain on heightened security?
2. Is there enough there for my DD3 and DS2 to do without melting down from strollershock?
3. Is there any kind of Park Hopper ticket to let us into the water park and theme park in one day?
4. What is the best thing there?

1. No its not that bad (in other news.... another murder at magic mountain....j/k)

2. semi ...

3. Not sure on this one, I would call or check their site

4. It depends on what you like .... #1 rule though SIT IN THE FRONT OF (riddlers, batman, tatsu ... or another coaster if you can, but those are a must....)

We really had a blast yesterday...more to come later

iceskatejen said:
4. I loved X, Scream, Riddler's Revenge, Batman, and Superman. I think I would have loved Tatsu if my restraint had been another notch tighter, but I felt a bit unsecure.

I remebered what you said about Tatsu, and pulled down as hard as that thing would go, and it was an AWESOME ride, we did it twice. The only one we bought the Flashpass for.
There were alot of coasters down, but we still had alot of fun. The kids LOVED Bugs Land, and we all had a great day. I'll post a full trip report later on the TR board.

iheartdisney said:
We really had a blast yesterday...more to come later

I remebered what you said about Tatsu, and pulled down as hard as that thing would go, and it was an AWESOME ride, we did it twice. The only one we bought the Flashpass for.
There were alot of coasters down, but we still had alot of fun. The kids LOVED Bugs Land, and we all had a great day. I'll post a full trip report later on the TR board.

did you go front row on the Riddler, and Batman? Glad you guys had fun though

The only coasters I stood in line for were Tatsu, Riddler, and Viper. The men in the party went on several more while we took the little ones to Bugs Bunny World.
On Riddler I was about 3 rows back, but on the outside. I've gotta say- the restraint system on the Riddler has got to be one of the most painful experiences of my life!

1) Who's "everyone"? Obviously they haven't been to Great America. I used to think MM was kinda trashy until I went up north. Yikes. Magic Mountain's okay. It's certainly not dangerous.

2) Depends on the kids. There's a whole section of the park dedicated to little kids.

3) Yeah, but it might not save you any money. Buying a ticket for MM is $40 online. Buying at the gate is $60 for MM, $30 for HH, or $70 for both. You can't buy a combo ticket or discounted HH ticket online so you'd still be spending a total of $70 to do both. And there are always discounts available from local merchants/hotels/etc.

4) Depends on what you like. I just went with some friends and we came to the depressing realization that we rate the rides on comfort, now, rather than thrills. "That one had great back support." The only ride that people told us was a must-do was X. Which, of course, is currently closed. I like Goliath. It's both exciting and smooth.

I have to say the park seems to be slipping the last decade or so. It's uncertain future isn't helping. (The parks are for sale as a group.) It seems like anything that doesn't relate directly to ride safety is being left to decay. Back in the 80s, they put TV monitors on many of the longer lines that showed loney-tunes cartoons and occasional announcements about the park's new and upcoming attractions. They've been dead for years. Lighting systems are in terrible shape. Panels hanging askew (that aren't supposed to be). Most of the photo booths were closed. A couple of restaurants were closed. Several of the small rides were closed with no sign that they were closed for repair...just closed. Several older, large rides were in the same situation. Freefall was shut down. Superman only had one track running. Gearworks looked scarier than any carnival tilt-a-whirl. The monorail had leaves and branches on the rails. They also haven't bothered updating the directional signs since installing the latest group of rides. Some of them point to dead ends.

It's kinda sad when I think back on what it was like back in the troll days. It had charm and the development of the park was well planned. Now it's jammed so tight with rides it's had to get around and there's no theme to the new stuff.

Still, it's the place to go if you want rides. I've got two more free trips and I'll have fun using them. I just don't go there expecting anything beyond the rides. For charm and presentation, I go to DL. :D

I'm glad to hear you liked it! I actually live really close to it but haven't been in YEARS. My daughter got some free tickets though so we took them in early August. We had a BLAST actually! I was shocked. My girls are 5 and 7 and we found plenty for them to do. We didn't see alot of roudy teenagers, except in the parking lot and on the tram. They must have been in the lines for the big rides or something, because once we were in the park we saw mostly little families. And it turns out the roudy teenagers aren't all that bad :) It was super hot as we walked out to our car at the end of our day, and the roudy teenagers getting their lunch out of their cars gave us a bunch of ice cold bottled water :thumbsup2

Anyways. We'll probably end up with season passes next year when there are great deals being offered. I was very pleasantly suprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter